British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hanne

USA's SWC team?

ooooooooooooooooooooooppppppsssssssss

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

dont tell anyone i forgot him!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel terrible now!!!!!!!!

USA's UNOFFICIAL team is :-

Bobby Schwartz

Sam Ermolenko

Mike Faria

John Cook

Alan Christian

This is waiting to be confirmed by the AMA.

Christiensen was a powerhouse US domestic rider in the 80s, one of US top guys then and much sought after by the UK promoters but he never came across.

Oh. Well, perhaps England have a chance of getting through to the next round afterall. ;-)

Why no Greg Hancock? I know Billy Hamill didn't want to be included but I didn't know about Greg as well.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££ - Gem

This top secret didn't take long to get out

Why no Greg Hancock? I know Billy Hamill didn't want to be included but I didn't know about Greg as well.

I think the team manager, Richard Child, is trying to send out a message to the AMA by naming a team whose ages range from 42 to 47. It comes down to finances and it will be interesting to see whether they get approval.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I'm confused

Apparently this is all over money but with the team they have named they have to fly 5 people over from the US to Denmark plus bikes plus what ever else. Wouldn't it be cheaper (and make more sense, and have a better team) to mend the relationships with the European based riders ?

Seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face to me.

Guest Oh no ur shoes!

It would be much better for the AMA to mend the relationship between them and the American riders in Britain. But even if they did some of the riders couldn't afford it. The AMA won’t pay the riders accommodation, flights and all other expenses. (People like Ryan Fisher and Billy Janniro can’t afford to do this!)

So I think it would be much better if they sent some of the younger lads over so they could get some experience against gp/elite riders.

I would much rather see a battling young lad at the back than a sluggish old rider at the back!

Even if the Europe based riders wont ride (reasons = Money :shock: and maybe an aspect of :x after they were robbed last year :? ) That team is obviously just to prove a point!

They still have a bunch of promising young riders out there that could do with the experience!

The AMA won’t pay the riders accommodation, flights and all other expenses. (People like Ryan Fisher and Billy Janniro can’t afford to do this!)

So how can Bobby Schwartz, Mike Faria, John Cook & Alan Christian. :?:

They're older, Kevin, so have plenty stashed away. ;-) .. :D

They're older, Kevin, so have plenty stashed away. ;-) .. :D

Is this the voice of experience Gem?

Sounds like the beers are on you next time the Bees come a visiting. :clown

I wish! That's why I'm still getting up at 6.30am and doing an office cleaning job. Mind you it's worth it just to listen to Wogan for an hour. ;-)

You should ask for extra money if you have to listen to Wogan :clown

Just heard (through the list 'speedwaybikes') that USA will not be in round 2 of the SWC in Outrup :-( - The team from Italy will replace them.