British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hanne

USA's SWC team?

Hi Guys..

Does anyone know which riders will be competing for USA in the SWC?

There's a rumor that USA won't ride, but i hope that's not true!

Cheers Hanne

Hi Hanne

I know Billy Hamill doesn't intend to ride and after picking up other comments I was coming to the same conclusion that perhaps there is a problem with the USA team.

I hope not as we are all booked up for a week in Denmark!

Can anybody add any substance to this rumour?

:cry: Why is Billy not riding?

Please tell me that you're kidding :cry:

I've heard that he wants to concentrate on his league racing and spend World Cup week with his family.

I don't think Ryan Fisher intends to ride either!

It doesn't look good does it.

Sorry i'm not joking.

:-( :-( No it really doesn't look good at all :-( :-(

If Billy & Ryan are not riding for Team USA, who will be in the team :?: Will Greg be there :?:

:x :shock: :-( I'm really sorry to hear that Billy won't be riding in the SWC, i was really looking forward to seeing him ride again. But if the riders don't get anything for riding for their country, then i can't blame them for dropping the SWC...

. But if the riders don't get anything for riding for their country, then i can't blame them for dropping the SWC...

What happened to pride in appearing for your country... And I thought the Americans were top of the list when it came to patriotism! :?

I'm really hoping that what I'm reading here doesn't happen. I know the Americans don't get much help from the AMA, but is the situation this bad? I mean these are some of the same guys who disappeared back home a few times at the end of last year to take part in their National Championships so what's different with the SWC?

My god that's really bad! I hope the American boys to ride. Does anything Hamill wan't to retire? First the GP's now the WC? :shock:

Does anyone know who the English boys are for this year? xxx 8)

:?: Will Greg be there :?:

He gave every indication he would be when interviewed at Oxford last night. :)

Maybe, but surely reprasenting the USA comes before patritism to BSI. What did BSI do to upset him anyway?? Without Hamill and Fisher USA will be very weak, but Britain will benefit due to the USA meeting GB and Australia in the qualifier.

I'm sure BSI haven't done anything to upset Billy.

I think this season he is winding down ready for retirement. I fully expect this to be his last season over here. :-(

. But if the riders don't get anything for riding for their country, then i can't blame them for dropping the SWC...

What happened to pride in appearing for your country... And I thought the Americans were top of the list when it came to patriotism! :?

I'm really hoping that what I'm reading here doesn't happen.

Totally agree rabbit. Lets hope its just another of them rumours!!

I know there's pride in appearing for your country, but if Billy can't afford to be in the GP, then he might have the same problem in the SWC? I have no idea if that's the reason, it was just a guess..

I'm confused :? about it all - I also thought the americans were top of the list when it came to patriotism - I wonder what it's all about!

I was looking forward to a whole week of exiting races and to see Billy beat some of the best...now i'm 'a little' dissapointed and very surprised :-o - I hope everything works out in the end (I'm trying to stay optimistic).

Well im completely shocked!!!!!!!!

The thought of no Hamill and no Fisher makes the USA look a bit erm......... :-(

that leaves them with just 4 riders i guess...............Janniro, Hancock, Werner and Ermolenko!!!!!!!!!!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

What they gonna do????

Apparently the threat to not take part is based around them being robbed last year in the run off for place in the final!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x

The AMA wants to enter a team but will not assist finacially, so atm they have a team with no riders.