British Speedway Forum
Gaz W

British Selection For 2007

Cmon guys i think its time we left mr sudebei alone he isnt going to let this one go - 25 pages of the same argument - enough is enough!!

If he repeats himself anymore he is going to have UKGOLD on the phone!!

Youre comment that Nicholls is not in the top 15 in the world is wrong i am afraid....he is 11th and would have been higher but for injury...end of story

That's a poor arguement. But I guess it's the best you've got. And you don't know it would've been higher. No one will ever know. Gollob might have been world champion had he competed in all the rounds in 1999. It's tough luck. Nicholls has had enough chances.

Guest Shale Eater

Only 1 Brit deserves to be in the GP's next year and thats Mark Loram. Nicholls and Richardson are both a couple of wasters and the biggest under achievers on the world stage. Simon Stead could be a possibility though i fear he'll go the same way. Harris is rubbish full stop and who are we left with after that - nobody

In my world rankings so far just based on League

1. Crump

2. Adams

3. Pedersen

4. Andersen

5. Hancock

6. Hampel

7. Jagus

8= Jonsson

8= Karlsson

10 Holta

Brits Go

1. Loram

2. Richardson

3. Nicholls

4. Harris....just 0.03 off Nicholls

5. Stead

so Subedei, if scott nicholls is so rubbish and isn't one of the top 15 riders in the world how did he come 4th today at the elrc?

he was beaten by the three best riders in the world for god's sake!

just face it Subedei, you are wrong and the rest of us are right.

scotty is one of the top 15 riders in the world so doesn't he deserve to be there!

you go on about this rubbish about how he doesn't deserve to be there because he didn't qualify, well im sure the series is better off with scotty been in there than him not.

also, if anybody questions if scotty is not our best rider then what speedway have you been watching this year? rico better than scotty, do be a favour.

so Subedei, if scott nicholls is so rubbish and isn't one of the top 15 riders in the world how did he come 4th today at the elrc?

Dear God, now that's just a desperate arguement. And it doesn't hold water. No Jagus, no Gollob, no Holta, no PK, no Hampel. Come on, you can do better than that, surely?

he was beaten by the three best riders in the world for god's sake!

just face it Subedei, you are wrong and the rest of us are right.

scotty is one of the top 15 riders in the world so doesn't he deserve to be there!

you go on about this rubbish about how he doesn't deserve to be there because he didn't qualify, well im sure the series is better off with scotty been in there than him not.

also, if anybody questions if scotty is not our best rider then what speedway have you been watching this year? rico better than scotty, do be a favour.

Scotty's a good rider yes, but that doesn't hold up. Wieslaw Jagus has ridden one GP this season and made the Final. Scotty has ridden in 10 and made the Final once also. He's been on the pace but he hasn't qualified by right by finishing in the top eight (nine because of Andersen) yet again. I think he's likely to stay in the GPs but he really does need to make more Finals.

Well lets wait to see how Jagus does on tracks outside Poland next year then we will have a better appreciation of how good he is...easy really....

Sub ...you claiming Holta as Polish now mate....if so Jason Crump is Englands number 1....and how many GPs did Gollob miss in 99!!!!!

Jirout

Well lets wait to see how Jagus does on tracks outside Poland next year then we will have a better appreciation of how good he is...easy really....

Do you really imagine that Wieslaw Jagus has never ridden outside Poland? Is that really what you think? I'm sorry to have to disappoint you, but Jagus qualified for the GPs by winning a meeting in Sweden. And he's a team mate of your beloved Nicholls in Sweden - guess which one has the higher average. I'll give you a big clue, the initials aren't SN.

Sub ...you claiming Holta as Polish now mate....if so Jason Crump is Englands number 1....and how many GPs did Gollob miss in 99!!!!!

Jirout

Yes, I have honour and integrity and happily admit that I was mislead about the results of 1999, for which I apologise.

Now, let's hope some other people have decency and honour.

Subdei

Averages mean nothing when it comes to GPs im afraid.....whether it be swedish ,polish or English Leagues..Im afraid me or you wont make a blind bit of difference into the selection...so lets let bygones be bygones and agree to disagree

jirout

Averages mean nothing when it comes to GPs im afraid.....whether it be swedish ,polish or English Leagues..Im afraid me or you wont make a blind bit of difference into the selection...so lets let bygones be bygones and agree to disagree

It doesn't look like continued failure makes any difference either.

im in a agreement with jirout, if jagus goes and sets the world alight next season then far enough but until we see him for a full season in the gp's you cannot class him as world class or a top 10 rider or anything like that just based on league performances alone.

this tread is just getting so boring now.

bsi are going to pick scotty next season subedei whether you like it or not so theres no point in arguing any longer.

By averages of points scored per meeting, this should tell us that Nicholls is worthy of an automatic spot

1. Crump 18.8

2. Andersen 16.8

3. Hancock 14.4

4. N.Pedersen 13.4

5. Jonsson 11.9

6. Adams 10.6

7. Zagar 9.7

8. Gollob 9.4

9. NICHOLLS 9.2

10. Hampel 9.1

11. Lindback 8.9

12. B.Pedersen 8.2

13. Iversen 5.1

14. Richardson 4

15. Protasiewicz 3.1

According to the stats, Nicholls would have made the Top 9 and secondly, that the Top 12 all worthy of a wild card as they have been competitive and can manage an average which is the watermark for a semi-final spot.

In my world rankings so far just based on League

1. Crump

2. Adams

3. Pedersen

4. Andersen

5. Hancock

6. Hampel

7. Jagus

8= Jonsson

8= Karlsson

10 Holta

To add the other 5 who in the Top 15 riders are

10= Gollob

12. B.Pedersen

13. Jensen

14. Sullivan

15. Ulamek, Mr.Sub's prediction was quite right

This is just based on league averages, but it will probably be the most honest prediction of whose in the Top 15 because GPs and SWC to be added are all now to a selective board (BSI or the appropriate country's authorities)

How can you claim Nicholls is not in the top 15 riders in the world, after he had finished well within that very criteria?