British Speedway Forum
Gaz W

British Selection For 2007

But he didn't. End of story. No more excuses. And he said if he couldn't qualify via the GPs - remember he spurned the opportunity to qualify via the qualifiers (probably thought them beneath the princely status you so easily allocate to him) - he didn't deserve to be in the GPs. So, now we'll find out how much integrity Nicholls has. If he turns around and says "thanks, but no thanks, I don't deserve it", then great: he's got integrity.

And which British rider would you put in then? Didn't realise I thought he was princely, royalty at Coventry. Oh well I always knew we were special.

And which British rider would you put in then? Didn't realise I thought he was princely, royalty at Coventry. Oh well I always knew we were special.

None. No one is good enough, so why should they be there?

But, since you all think the GPs would fall apart without a charity Briton, why not give someone like Harris a go. Nicholls has failed to qualify three years running. How many more chances does he get before everyone has an "emperor's new clothes" moment?

But, since you all think the GPs would fall apart without a charity Briton, why not give someone like Harris a go. Nicholls has failed to qualify three years running. How many more chances does he get before everyone has an "emperor's new clothes" moment?

I can just see Cardiff now, all the Danish flags etc. held high, not a British one in sight.

thought we had done this one to death!

but here we go again.

he is one of the top 12 riders in the world,so obviously has to be in the gp's.

he is one of the top 12 riders in the world,so obviously has to be in the gp's.

On what do you base that outlandish claim? And don't give me his GP standing, when riders of the calibre of PK, Jagus and Holta aren't in the GPs. You just end up looking silly. Nicholls isn't even in the top twenty of the Swedish averages, while in Poland his average is a dreadful 5.60. Broaden your horizons, there's a whole wide speedway world away from these shores. Nicholls has accepted that failure to qualify means he doesn't deserve to be there, why can't you?

i am sure even genghis's general,would allow you a wild card entrant to cheer on!

Yes, by all means give Nicholls the Cardiff wild card. Then he might do something, since he'd, like Andersen this season, have something to prove. As it stands, it doesn't matter how badly he performs, how many semis he flops in, you still call for a charity entry.

On what do you base that outlandish claim? And don't give me his GP standing, when riders of the calibre of PK, Jagus and Holta aren't in the GPs. You just end up looking silly. Nicholls isn't even in the top twenty of the Swedish averages, while in Poland his average is a dreadful 5.60. Broaden your horizons, there's a whole wide speedway world away from these shores. Nicholls has accepted that failure to qualify means he doesn't deserve to be there, why can't you?

would that be runeski holta,who cant get in the very average polish team?

But CAN qualify for the GPs, unlike Nicholls? Yes, that'll be the one. The same Holta who was in the Poland team that swept all before them in 2005. Yes, I know, the Poles can only win in their homeland, but the Nicholls-led Britons can't even manage to win in their homeland.

Probably mainly down to the fact that he's not really wanted so much more than anything. And very average Polish team? Not sure I agree with you on that. :blink:

Anyway, Scott could do with what Hans had to do this season, and that's a season's break from the GP's. It'll fire him up and give him something to prove.

Edited by DartfordHammer

I love the way when somebody points somethign to Sube he completly overlooks it or dismisses it..... makes you realise it is not worth arguing with somebody that likes to gloss over what the other is saying......

I love the way when somebody points somethign to Sube he completly overlooks it or dismisses it..... makes you realise it is not worth arguing with somebody that likes to gloss over what the other is saying......

And why shouldn't I dismiss such balderdash?

Nicholls does not deserve a place in next years GP series - end of! :approve:

He should not be given a place just becasue he's british - the only GP which 'has' to have a British rider is Cardiff - and Nicholls can battle it out with Harris, Stead, Richardson etc for that spot!

The GP's should be for the best 16 riders in the world - NOT one from each country then a few others! If we use that theory then Hefenbrock (current German Champion) and Laukanen (Finnish Champion) should also be in!

They should look at the averages of the riders across whatever leagues they ride in and decide the riders from there! I realise this might mean Wolves losing PK for 2007 (as he has said he wouldn't ride in the UK if he was in the GP's) but at least the GP would be about the top riders!

Guest Shale Eater
Subdei

Do you live over here...if so maybe we could meet up at a meeting and discuss it rather than bore everyone stupid on here

jirout

I'm finding this quite entertaining :D

So you not gonna come and meet me at a meeting to discuss it then mate....

jirout

Get yourself up to the cruel, crazy town next season. I'm easy enough to find. And if you struggle, ask one of the locals and they'll point you in the right direction.