British Speedway Forum
Gaz W

British Selection For 2007

Guest Schumi

Much as I dislike Nicholls I do think he should be included next year, not least so us Brits have someone to cheer. Just wish he hadn't made a rash announcement that he'd bow out if he didn't qualify as it does nothing for his credibility should he be offered and accept the wild card.

I am sure he would not have said that if he knew he was having 1 less round than the others

jirout

What a complete load of bo*****s Scott is by far the best we have in Britain, he repeatedly makes the semi's in the GP's so therefore is in the top 8 in the world despite the ridiculous claims of Subdei, and as mr Shovlar stated on an earlier thread shook hands with Hans after the semi. Perhaps Scott should wait in future until Hans has an unassailable lead before beginning racing as no matter what happens in a race nowadays he is always the one to blame. For God's sake lets get behind the best we have rather than have a pityful thread every other week.

priceless

:lol:  :D  :lol:

Forgive me for being ignorant, but that's funny how? :blink:

Anyway, I think Nicholls will be back in next season regardless. As I've said before, I think he should take a year out and show everyone what he's capable of, earning a place back in the GP's the next year and taking it by storm. :wink:

Forgive me for being ignorant, but that's funny how? :blink:

It's funny because drop-a-cog suffers under the grand delusion that Poland are a weak speedway nation and that Simon Stead is a genuine world class rider. Ridiculous, on both counts, I know, but sadly true.

And JIROUT's point about Kolodziej doesn't hold water. Kolodziej should be given a nomination as a wild card as a young rider due his chance in the GPs, whereas Nicholls doesn't deserve a nomination after all his previous failures.

Nicholls missing a GP is a red herring. Had Nicholls been fully fit and rode in Prague, it's not just a question of allocating him a number of points and putting him into the qualifying zone - the whole context changes and so do all the GPs that followed. What if Gollob and Hampel, requiring more points, had lifted their game in Latvia and Bydgoszcz?

If Nichol's did miss the series (07) then would Sky still be pushing the sport as they have been? No GB representative in the GP would have quite a few viewers turning elsewhere and thats the last thing Sky want and as they seem to call the tune. Expect him in, no doubt and possibly a second GB rep too.

If Nichol's did miss the series (07) then would Sky still be pushing the sport as they have been? No GB representative in the GP would have quite a few viewers turning elsewhere and thats the last thing Sky want and as they seem to call the tune. Expect him in, no doubt and possibly a second GB rep too.

Doesn't make it right, does it? And what do such comments, possibly accurate, say about the state of the sport?

Nicholls is the lifeblood of speedway, without him in the GPs Skys coverage would go crashing down, he is the most entertaining rider in the series with overtaking manouvres which set the world on fire.

Scott Nicholls is the peoples champ and that is the bottom line, cos ironside said so :mad:

Doesn't make it right, does it? And what do such comments, possibly accurate, say about the state of the sport?

I fully agree with you, there's something a amiss in the world of speedway, how the sport is wrestled back is another matter :(

Nicholls is the lifeblood of speedway, without him in the GPs Skys coverage would go crashing down, he is the most entertaining rider in the series with overtaking manouvres which set the world on fire.

Scott Nicholls is the peoples champ and that is the bottom line, cos ironside said so  :mad:

Obviously didn't see the glorious overtaking manoeuvres of Messrs Jonsson and Gollob at Bydgoszcz. Nicholls certainly did, as both made him look like a novice in Ht 18 with their superior skills and abilities.

The peoples champion? Have you asked the Poles or the Swedes or the Danes about this? There's a whole array of people outside of this sceptred isle.

Us Brits all know Nicholls is the mesiah and hell he can walk on water.

Nicholls is the peoples champ and this is his arena, bow down and respect. B)

Edited by Ironside

Sub - I dont find this thread boring at all, i find you boring!!!

You just keep coming out with the same old stuff every time.

Kolodziej in the gp's, come on, you must agree with us now. he would only be as good as iversen was this year and he's not one of the top 15 riders in the world.

whereas scotty is one of the top 15 riders in the world, in my opinion and many other peoples opinion on this website.

by the way, i have some scott nicholls mercandise that would suit you a treat!!! :D

please take your red and white polish specs off and see the light!!! :D

Sub - I dont find this thread boring at all, i find you boring!!!

You just keep coming out with the same old stuff every time.

Kolodziej in the gp's, come on, you must agree with us now. he would only be as good as iversen was this year and he's not one of the top 15 riders in the world.

whereas scotty is one of the top 15 riders in the world, in my opinion and many other peoples opinion on this website.

by the way, i have some scott nicholls mercandise that would suit you a treat!!!  :D

please take your red and white polish specs off and see the light!!!  :D

Hang on, in the flawed logic of others of your persuasion, Nicholls is in the top 15 in the world by virtue of finishing 11th in the GPs, but Iversen isn't in the top 15 by virtue of finishing 13th or 14th in the GPs. Presumably Richardson's 14th or 15th in the standings doesn't qualify him for top 15 in the world either. Come on guys, at least maintain some intellectual honesty in your arguements.