British Speedway Forum
Gaz W

British Selection For 2007

It seems strange Sub that no-one as answered the quiry that Nicholls has not been in the seeded spots now three times and if the exlcusion recently of Sullivan and Andersen is anything to go by, Nicholls should be excluded for the GP 2007 series.

Injures dont count, go on the FIM or BSI's site and both say and the record books to that Nicholls once again relies on a wild card.

Lets look at it another way, its simply not fair for the emerging poles, dane, swedes and even Brits that Nicholls gets a wild card. I am a student at Dartford Hammer's school of thought that Nicholls needs a year and then he can could back and prove his worth.

The argument is worthless as we all know the poor and weak souls at BSI will go for Nicholls as a wild card anyway, they cant afford to lose a large chunk of dosh from travelling Brits going all over the place.

Guest Schumi
Silver Cheetah can smell what the ironside is cooking  :mad:

If it's what you're usually cooking it can only mean one thing - trouble. :D

I am a student at Dartford Hammer's school of thought that Nicholls needs a year and then he can could back and prove his worth.

Does that mean I'm some kind of philosopher? :blink: To be compared to the likes of Descartes, Aquinas, Socrates and Plato? Or am I pushing it a bit?

Does that mean I'm some kind of philosopher? :blink: To be compared to the likes of Descartes, Aquinas, Socrates and Plato? Or am I pushing it a bit?

Considering that some people are trying to justify a nomination for Nicholls, I think you're being very restrained, as it happens.

Nicholls is the lifeblood of speedway, without him in the GPs Skys coverage would go crashing down, he is the most entertaining rider in the series with overtaking manouvres which set the world on fire.

Scott Nicholls is the peoples champ and that is the bottom line, cos ironside said so  :mad:

Get real....Sky covered and pushed the GP's before Nicholls and I'm pretty sure they'll do it once he's gone. It won't be in 2007 as he will get another wildcard which IMO is wrong. He has failed in the past how many seasons to get a seeded spot, time for a change and give the youngsters, Harris and Stead, a chance. Maybe they won't pull up any trees but then again neither has Nicholls or Richardson.

I'm not saying I represent 'the people' but Nicholls isn't the people's champion. He's the British Champion, sure, but apart from that nothing else. He certainly isn't my champion. It just so happens my champion is Australian and at last look was the World Champion.

Edited by youngy105

It won't be in 2007 as he will get another wildcard which IMO is wrong. He has failed in the past how many seasons to get a seeded spot, time for a change and give the youngsters, Harris and Stead, a chance. Maybe they won't pull up any trees but then again neither has Nicholls or Richardson.

My point exactly. Nicholls is now a roadblock to progress. I don't agree with any system of prorationing places in the GPs, so I don't care whether the replacements are Russian, German, Polish, Danish, whatever. The series needs fresh blood to maintain interest, not the continued participation of serial failures.

Quite a few "experts" predicted Matej Zagar, a Premier League rider at the time, wasn't ready for the GPs. They were probably the same people that were predicting Nicholls would carry all before him. As it turned out, Zagar comfortably qualified, while Nicholls is having to get the begging bowl out again. Kolodziej might struggle, but we'll never know if he can't get in.

Naa, yours is a theorem 'Nicholls Giveamiss 07'

My point exactly. Nicholls is now a roadblock to progress. I don't agree with any system of prorationing places in the GPs, so I don't care whether the replacements are Russian, German, Polish, Danish, whatever. The series needs fresh blood to maintain interest, not the continued participation of serial failures.

Quite a few "experts" predicted Matej Zagar, a Premier League rider at the time, wasn't ready for the GPs. They were probably the same people that were predicting Nicholls would carry all before him. As it turned out, Zagar comfortably qualified, while Nicholls is having to get the begging bowl out again. Kolodziej might struggle, but we'll never know if he can't get in.

I think all 3 of us can sympathise generally with other riders not being given a chance because of someone's nationality. It reminds me of the quota system employed in South African cricket.

I think its also a possibility poor old Bjarne Pedersen will dropped because the quota of Danes is up.

On refection it probably isn’t funny.

To think that someone should even consider the British Championship, historically second in prestige only to the World championship itself, to be on a par or worse than the Polish championship is sad indeed.

But, as I have already said British speedway is on the way up, Nicholls is still getting better, Steady and Bomber are stepping up into world class, not to mention Loram of course.

Then there are the next generation. Allen is on the verge of international class and not far behind are Wrighty, Bridger and Kennett.

The future is bright as they say.

Why did we only get one Brit in the U21 final?

Why did we fail at the U21 Junior World Cup? We lost out to Germany and Sweden.

How come Sparta Wroclaw have a choice between all the juniors in the world and rather than plump for Bridger, they went for Nikolai Klindt who when he comes to the UK will destroy all before him

You must deluded if you think UK Speedway is on the up, its rotting from the core down to grass roots level, the Conference League is on its knees.

Bridger I feel is an exception, hes an 'one-off' and I would like to see him at a different track next season, we dont want another 'Arlington' expert just like Stead was an 'Owlerton' expert.

But at the end of the day it does not matter what any of us think cos BSI have the last say end of story...They have put there money into it so why shouldnt they have the last say.......If you dont like it dont go and dont watch it on tv

Personally i would love to see Nicholls,Loram and Harris in because they are racers and exciting to watch just like Crump Pedersen,Hancock,Jonsson,Gollob etc....Unfortunately the riders that sub is vindicating are not racers...so it depends whether you want boring speedway or exciting speedway.....at the end of the day there will always be winners,losers and hard luck stories......

Sub has kept this thread going because of his pure Hatred of Nicholls.......Im sure if offered he will take the wild card...not because he has no integrity but because he is in a profession which means he will probabley retire in his 30's and you have got to take any chance when it is given to you....even you sub

jirout

Sub has kept this thread going because of his pure Hatred of Nicholls.......Im sure if offered he will take the wild card...not because he has no integrity but because he is in a profession which means he will probabley retire in his 30's and you have got to take any chance when it is given to you....even you sub

jirout

No need for personally attacks, hatred is a very strong and I don't think Sub has that Nicholls, he just simply thinks he's not a world class rider. Either way, not yet.

On refection it probably isn’t funny.

To think that someone should even consider the British Championship, historically second in prestige only to the World championship itself, to be on a par or worse than the Polish championship is sad indeed.

No disputing that. It is sad to see a once great competition reduced to such a lowly status. But true, non-the-less. When the likes of Lee, PC, Morten, Carter, Jessup, Simmons and Co were around, the British Final had status. Now it's a second rate meeting for a second rate nation. And as long as you accept such failure, it's never going to change.

But, as I have already said British speedway is on the way up, Nicholls is still getting better, Steady and Bomber are stepping up into world class, not to mention Loram of course.

Nicholls is getting better? That's a good one. I believe he was 9th in the GPs last season and 11th this season. That's an improvement. You have to maintain some intellectual honesty.