British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
czechhero

Czech Touring Sides

Does anyone out there have any information on Czech touring sides through the 1970's? I'm researching an article on Zdenek Kudrna for a website. I recall seeing him in action at Stoke during Red Star Prague's 1978 tour but wondered if he had ridden in Britain before '78 either for Red Star or Young Czechoslovakia. Any help would be greatly appreciated. In fact if I could ascertain the date and place where he first turned a wheel over here, then that would be even better.

Also, does anyone know a site that lists Czech Golden Helmet winners that is in English, please? Or if someone has a list, please let me know, thanks.

Does anyone out there have any information on Czech touring sides through the 1970's? I'm researching  an article on Zdenek Kudrna for a website. I recall seeing him in action at Stoke during Red Star Prague's 1978 tour but wondered if he had ridden in Britain before '78 either for Red Star or Young Czechoslovakia. Any help would be greatly appreciated. In fact if I could ascertain the date and place where he first turned a wheel over here, then that would be even better.

Also, does anyone know a site that lists Czech Golden Helmet winners that is in English, please? Or if someone has a list, please let me know, thanks.

A CHAP FROM bRIGHTON HAS A BRILLIANT SITE COVERING ALL TEST MATCHES MAY WELL BE WORTH A LOOK.

Thanks guys. The site clears up the Czech team question, but can anyone help with Red Star Prague? Also does anyone know if Zdenek ever won the Czech Golden Helmet? I found a link on the lubosports site but the page was unavailable, very frustrating.

Thanks again.

Hi Czechhero

I've got the Daily Mirror Speedway Yearbooks for 1976-81 (I think) so I can have a look in there for you as they had all scores, averages etc in for any touring sides. They're all in the loft though so it will have to wait until tomorrow night if that's okay.

I'll see how much info I can gather for you from them.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Czechhero

I've got the Daily Mirror Speedway Yearbooks for 1976-81 (I think) so I can have a look in there for you as they had all scores, averages etc in for any touring sides. They're all in the loft though so it will have to wait until tomorrow night if that's okay.

I'll see how much info I can gather for you from them.

Cheers

Alan

Thank you to you also. I seem to have put the Czech touring side and Golden Helmet to bed, it's just thr Red Star tours I'm short of now. Cheers.