British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mateusz

Gp's And Swc's At Leszno

The Unia Leszno official website says that BSI and Unia Leszno have signed a 3-year-long contract (2007-2009) for organising GP's and SWC's as follow:

2007: SWC race-off & final

2008: SGP, SWC one of rounds

2009: SGP, SWC race-off & final (!)

I can see huge money pumped into this agreement.

As for Leszno - I've been there at speedway once. The city is rather a rubbishhole, really small - about 63.000 people (so sometimes you can see 1/3 of it at speedway :rolleyes: ). IMHO nothing to do apart from speedway and beer at the Old Sqr. Fortunately the track is very good (wiiiiiiide) with a great visibility from anywhere at the stadium. Those who have been in Leszno recently know that the stadium needs some serious renovation which I guess will be done soon.

/sorry - please move it to the SGP/SWC subforum

Edited by Mateusz

Probably my favourite track in Poland for speedway action (until Olsen gets his paws on it) :neutral: and viewwise.

But as Matuesz mentioned the city lacks tourist infrastructure (bars, hotels,etc) so my guess is that most of the fans will be based in either Poznan (80km away) or Wroclaw (100km) which will be a pain in the arse considering drinking time lost :( while commuting back to Pozn or Wroc.

Edited by tommy

A good stadium for it to be held at!

I went to Leszno last year for a league meeting after the wtc...i was very impressed!

It's really easy to get a train to Leszno from Wroclaw, so i should think thats where a number of people will be staying. (plus...if you stay in Wroclaw..you have the delights of the Irish bar! :D )

I am going to this bleeder now after watching the Mecca Zuzel GP 2006. Close to Poznan and Wroclaw, I know what to do in my spare days.

Roll on WTC 2007!!!