British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mateusz

Polish Division 1

The beer TYSKIE isnt bad either!

I believe Tyskie is on sale in the Wetherspoons pub chain here in the UK. There is at least one of them in all cities and large towns.

I believe Tyskie is on sale in the Wetherspoons pub chain here in the UK. There is at least one of them in all cities and large towns.

Indeed it is SD, but at a much higher price than in Polska. :wink::lol:

Good ol' Wetherspoons, they sell Staropramen too :D

You can't beat the alternative stuff when you go in there :) even if as KevH says, it's more expensive than in the country of origin.

I believe Tyskie is on sale in the Wetherspoons pub chain here in the UK.

And Żywiec as well :) I was so nicely surprised when I saw menu with Polish beers... and it said 'Na Zdrowie' as well. I suppose most of you know what it means :wink:

Funny you should said that. As it was recently revealed the brewery which bought the rights to import have made biggest profit this year than any other brewery.

Edited by Hazzman

But I believe its the World U21 Final at Ostrow Wlkp the day after Bydgoszcz.

On the assumption the U21 final starts at normal polish time <5ish>. leave bydgoszcz 10-12 arrive ostrow 14-39 via poznan, all for the princely sum of £7. Sounds like a damn good weekend to me!!

And Tyskie is now available in Tesco's in the UK.

Bought 2 large bottles at the big store off the M6 Jct 3 by the Ricoh Arena in Coventry at the weekend.

Very nice indeed :D

Mateusz - Have you been to Poznans track yet ?

Our schedule this year was to take in a meeting on the Sunday after the GP at Bydgoszcz. Happy to report that we found the stadium, only to find we were 24hrs late :cry: The meeting had run on the Saturday afternoon instead at 16:00 :cry: You may remember me questioning if it was definitely going ahead on the Sunday as I was aware of conflicting info on the www. For some reason it had changed, maybe because of the GP or possibily the big local football match on the Sunday ? I should have gone with my gut insticts and gone with the Gniezno meeting but at least we found the track and, and still the square in Poznan was very good on Sunday night. Also, plenty of hotels at a good price, the Novotel being 10mins walk from the centre - a good base for the U21 next year ?

Anyway will post a few pics on my webshots when I get a mo, its a big / long track around a football pitch set in a very wooded area with athletics and tennis venues alongside. British sport is put to shame when you compare the facilities abroad.

On the assumption the U21 final starts at normal polish time <5ish>. leave bydgoszcz 10-12 arrive ostrow 14-39 via poznan, all for the princely sum of £7. Sounds like a damn good weekend to me!!

It does sound like a good weekend, I have my Bydgoszcz hotel already booked

Hopefully the U21 will be a 5pm start as you say, the last train out of Ostrow Wlkp looks to be 20.24...a 6pm start would be cutting it a bit fine

It does sound like a good weekend, I have my Bydgoszcz hotel already booked

Hopefully the U21 will be  a 5pm start as you say, the last train out of Ostrow Wlkp looks to be 20.24...a 6pm start would be cutting it a bit fine

Instead of going back to Bydgoszcz, you could always find a hotel room in Ostrow and then getting a flight from Poznan back home. Might even save money with two one-way flights.

Edited by Hazzman

We are looking as using Poznan as our base and then hiring a coach to get to Byd for the GP and then to Ostrow for the World U21

If folks are interested in joining us on a coach for either then send me a PM.

Thanks to Hackett, I'm currently negotiating details with a couple of Polish coach companies

Mateusz - Have you been to Poznans track yet ?

Yes, I was at Poznan v Krosno in October.

Also, plenty of hotels at a good price, the Novotel being 10mins walk from the centre - a good base for the U21 next year ?

I live 5-10 mins by tram from the Novotel which is actually in the town centre - about 15 mins by walk to the old square. My uni, the railway station and other strategic locations B) are nearby as well :)

As for 2007 - there's also SWC in Leszno in July. If I stay in Poland for that summer I'll make Poznan my HQ for this event.

Generally speaking, anyone on a shoestring budget (and not only of course) warmly welcomed as my flat is empty from the end of June till October so there could be made some good use of it :rolleyes:

Edited by Mateusz

Ex-World Champion Gary Havelock goes to Wybrzeże Gdansk... He signed contract without guarantee of start in determinated number of matches.

A word of warning to those taking these fixtures as gospel.

I am told they are in DRAFT form only, and are subject to considerable change. Both these and Ekstaliga fixture should be released towards the back end of next week.

As for the World U21, at present Ostrow do not have floodlights, and consequently an afternoon start would be likely. However there are plans in place for the stadium to be radically redeveloped, which will include floodlighting. The club hope to have lights installed by September, and if so a start time of around 18.00 to 19.00 is favoured. Let's hope they are successful, as speedway under lights in Ostrow looks like being quite a spectacle.

Edited by Mr Snackette