British Speedway Forum
TwoMinuteWarning

Sgp/swc Official Attendances

I think the biggest thing holdong back the attendance at  Cardiff is the start time. Its all very well holding it in the evening, but getting back from Cardiff to anywhere much afterwards is a reall pain in the posterior, especially if you don't want to go by road.

True..especially if you want to get a train to Swindon..there ain't any .

Daugavpils or whatever it's called (the latvian GP) would have been well attended due to it being a new round of the SGP circus. As we now know the track was terrible and it was possibly the worst GP of 2006. Be very interesting to know if the attendance is 9,000 this year.

The attendance in Latvia would have been much higher if the prices had been in line with what the locals earn. most of the crowd around us were from away, they should have had a different price structure to enable the locals to go along too, rather than try & climb the outside walls. We probebly wont go again due to the cost & distance (I don't like flying & it's a long trip in the car & Direct line would not insure us for Latvia or Lithuania so we only had third party insurance). I'm sure a lot of other people will not bother either.

People this year will choose the German GP for thier 1 off because its new & Prague's popularity has wained because it's now quite expensive. The first year I went to Prague in 96 I had a seat in the main grandstand for £10, that seat now would cost around £50 & accomadation has gone through the roof compaired to what it was.

The attendance in Latvia would have been much higher if the prices had been in line with what the locals earn. most of the crowd around us were from away, they should have had a different price structure to enable the locals to go along too, rather than try & climb the outside walls. We probebly wont go again due to the cost & distance (I don't like flying & it's a long trip in the car & Direct line would not insure us for Latvia or Lithuania so we only had third party insurance). I'm sure a lot of other people will not bother either.

People this year will choose the German GP for thier 1 off because its new & Prague's popularity has wained because it's now quite expensive. The first year I went to Prague in 96 I had a seat in the main grandstand for £10, that seat now would cost around £50 & accomadation has gone through the roof compaired to what it was.

Those Prague increasses - all due to the wonder of them now being in the EU?

Daugavpils 9,000? :o

I don't believe it! Not more than 6,000!

During friday practice track was perfect. But mr. Olsen gave the order to prepare the asphalt.