British Speedway Forum

Hi ive just heard of a 15 year old called ricky wells from the usa,heard he beat tai woffinden twice in hancocks testimonial

has anyone any extra info?

:):)

Hi ive just heard of a 15 year old called ricky wells from the usa,heard he beat tai woffinden twice in hancocks testimonial

:)  :)

I've never heard of Ricky but I do know of a man who was possibly one of his antecedents. His name is John Wellington-Wells, a dealer in magic and spells.

Mr Wellington-Wells was a close associate of W. S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan. :)

Couldn't resist that, Matty. Hope you get some serious answers.

Ron.

From what little info i have i believe he lives in the USA, has New Zealand parentage, has ridden in Sweden??, and is on the 2007 Dream Team, I have noted him down as one to watch for the future, his parentage will certainly be a help to him in the UK, if that is where he wants his near future to be. I am sure TMG will correct any mistakes, and add to what little i know. :wink:

http://www.speedwaybikes.com/rw/urickywells.htm

If he is as good <Potentially> as i think he may be, just watch those promoters sniffing around the Dream team this year.

Here is the only guide i could find for 2006, this was an early season meeting in 2006.

- Nate Perkins 3 3 2 1 9

2 - Neil Facchini 0 0 1* 3 4+1

3 - Buck Blair 1 3 3 3 3 13

4 - Tim Gomez Fx 2* 2* 2* 2 8+3

5 - Chris Kerr Fx (withdrew) 0

6 - Dale Facchini 1 2 1 1* 5+1

7 - Shaun Harmatiuk 2 2 3 2 9

8 - Matt Browne 1* 1* 1* 0 1* 4+4

World Aces 1 2 3 4 5 6 T

1 - Simon Gustafsson 1* 0 0 1* Fx 2+2

2 - Ricky Wells 2 1 2 3 8

3 - Robin Törnqvist 2* 3 3 3 11+1

4 - Dario Galvin inj. (withdrew) 0

5 - Bryan Yarrow 2 0 R 0 2+1

6 - Skyler Greyson 3 3 1 2 9

7 - Tommy Hedden 3 3 2 2 R 10

8 - Jonas Messing 0 1* 0 0 1 0 2+1

Race Results

1: Perkins, Wells, Gustafsson, N.Facchini 3-3, 3-3

2: (restarted) Hedden, Törnqvist, Blair, Gomez (fell, excluded), Galvin (inj.) 1-5, 4-8

3: (restarted) Greyson, Yarrow, D.Facchini, Kerr (fell, excluded) 1-5, 5-13

4: Hedden, Harmatiuk, Browne, Messing 3-3, 8-16

12: Perkins, Hedden, Messing, N.Facchini (fell, remounted) 3-3, 11-19

13: Blair, Gomez, Wells, Gustafsson 5-1, 16-20

14: Törnqvist, D.Facchini, Browne, Messing 3-3, 19-23

15: Greyson, Harmatiuk, Browne, Yarrow 3-3, 22-26

23: Törnqvist, Perkins, N.Facchini, Gustafsson 3-3, 25-29

24: Blair, Gomez, Greyson (tape penalty), Yarrow (retired) 5-1, 30-30

25: Blair, Hedden, D.Facchini, Messing 4-2, 34-32

26: Harmatiuk, Wells, Gustafsson, Browne 3-3, 37-35

34: N.Facchini, Greyson, Perkins, Yarrow 4-2, 41-37

35: Blair, Gomez, Messing, Hedden (retired) 5-1, 46-38

36: (restarted) Wells, Gomez, D.Facchini, Gustafsson (fell, excluded) 3-3, 49-41

37: Törnqvist, Harmatiuk, Browne, Messing 3-3, 52-44

We are familiar with quite a few of the above riders, and at 14 when this meeting took place <Feb 06> he was certainly on the pace.

Edited by greyhoundp

I have a programme in which Wells rode at Victorville in July 2006, finishing second to Eddie Castro in the Scratch Main and in front of the Facchini brothers.

From what little info i have i believe he lives in the USA, has New Zealand parentage, has ridden in Sweden??, and is on the 2007 Dream Team, I have noted him down as one to watch for the future, his parentage will certainly be a help to him in the UK, if that is where he wants his near future to be.

How the hell will that help him? He'll start on 8 and need a work permit. He needs some European in him to avoid the work permit issue and some British in him to get a 3 point average.

How the hell will that help him?

:cry::cry::cry:

Well not many with New Zealand heritage, ain,t got British or Welsh ancestry, but there again it dont help these days to speak english, still reckon he will be over here within 3 years <if he wants it> he only has to continue his present rate of progress.

jeldi, jeldi. :D

Edited by greyhoundp

NZ born, lives in California, expect to see him in U21 qualifiers 2008.

Ricky is touring NZ at the momment with Ivan Maguer.Probably misspelled his name.We are hopefull to get him on the Dream Team although no agreements have been made.Definately one for the future.

Should be some results coming from Nz about this 15 yr old.

Yes, we cover American Speedway and have watched Ricky race many times, and he is FAST and SMOOTH, here is a link to a match race that had with Mad Dog McConnell at Costa Mesa...check it out

My Webpage

Yes, we cover American Speedway and have watched Ricky race many times, and he is FAST and SMOOTH, here is a link to a match race that had with Mad Dog McConnell at Costa Mesa...check it out

My Webpage

My Webpage

The match race is pretty cool Digital Dude.The other rider was Jesse Finch not Mad Dog.

Edited by TMGracing