British Speedway Forum
NJT

Usa Dream Team

Yes I will be there.The boys can't wait for the tour.

I would thoroughly reccommend anyone making some time to watch these guys.Ive seen them 5 times over the last two visits.Great value each and every time.

A big welcome will await you at Weymouth,thats for sure.

See you all soon.

The 2007 USA Dream Team Tour is to be captained by Tim Gomez, a rider who will be making his third Dream Team tour to Britain. Although Gomez is the son of Tour Coordinator Gary Gomez, the choice of captain was made by his fellow official Steve Evans. Gomez senior confirmed “I enjoyed building the team and helped set up the itinerary but when it came to picking the Captain I left that up to Steve Evans”.

Evans commented “Tim has shown us that he can lead a team and ride as a team rider. After his performances in the past 18 months as captain of the Victorville Vikings, and his ride last week alongside statesman Billy Hamill, I decided that he would be the best for the job”.

The new appointed skipper, who is just 18 years old, admitted “This is way cool. I am already on a mission to prove myself this year after my injuries from last year and this will make me even more focused. We have a great team for 2007 and I am proud to be the captain of the team.”

Two more dates have been added to the itinerary whilst the team is now complete. There is a full meeting pencilled in against the Cleveland Bays on Saturday 7th April whilst the team will race in a six-heat meeting at Sheffield on Thursday 12th April. The meeting at Cleveland is subject to the Redcar club receiving planning permission to run on Saturdays in 2007.

The full schedule is:

Friday 6th April v. Weymouth Wildcats

Saturday 7th April v. Cleveland Bays (provisional)

Sunday 8th April v. Scunthorpe Scorpions

Monday 9th April v. Wolverhampton Predators (6-heat mini meeting after Wolverhampton v. Belle Vue Elite League meeting)

Thursday 12th April v. Sheffield Prowlers (6-heat mini meeting after Sheffield v Workington Premier Trophy meeting)

Friday 13th April v. Plymouth Devils

Sunday 15th April v. Buxton Hitmen

The two riders that have completed the team are 19-year old J.T.Mabry, who finished joint seventh with Tim Gomez in the US Under-21 Final, and 17-year old British rider Scott Campos. Campos, an accomplished Grasstrack rider, has primarily ridden for Boston in the Conference League over the last two seasons and helped the Dream Team on their 2006 tour. Along with Gomez, Mabry and Campos the squad also includes Bryan Yarrow, Neil Facchini, Dale Facchini, Tommy Hedden and Kenny Ingalls.

With the tour virtually finalised the organisers are on the lookout for sponsors who might help with the considerable costs of bringing the team to Britain. Already the Dream Team has secured sponsorship from 2006 backers Barrett Steel but if anyone else is interested in helping they should contact Gary Gomez via e-mail (tmgracing@aol.com).

Congratuations to Tim on his role as captain - the boy becomes a man.

Make us proud Tim :D

It was only Sunday when Mark C and I were going through the schedule and already there is a change/addition!!

But that is the love of the tour.

Not too impressed with the expected early flight arrival either Gary - I dont look my best that early in the morning!!!! :o:D

A lot to prepare for and decisions to be made. But we cant wait. :D

Congratuations to Tim on his role as captain - the boy becomes a man.

Make us proud Tim :D

It was only Sunday when Mark C  and I were going through the schedule and already there is a change/addition!!

But that is the love of the tour.

Not too impressed with the expected early flight arrival either Gary - I dont look my best that early in the morning!!!! :o  :D

A lot to prepare for and decisions to be made. But we cant wait.  :D

What time would you like us there and we will let the pilot know.Well I just hope I arrive in better shape than last year.You will look fine.

:lol:

What  time would you like us there and we will let the pilot know.Well I just hope I arrive in better shape than last year.You will look fine.

:lol:

You can arrive what ever time you like, so long as the fist thing that happens when you reach the arrival hall is that I get a great big hug! (Dont tell Mrs G!!) :D:D

With the tour virtually finalised the organisers are on the lookout for sponsors who might help with the considerable costs of bringing the team to Britain.  Already the Dream Team has secured sponsorship from 2006 backers Barrett Steel but if anyone else is interested in helping they should contact Gary Gomez via e-mail (tmgracing@aol.com).

This is what gets to me about the whole dream team thing. When we tried to send a fw Brits over the the USA a few yearas ago it was all rushed at the last minutes and money could not be raised, yet they're expecting British companies to pay for the Americans to come over. Why don't said companies (and the people who buy the merchandise) spend that cash on British riders.

If they really want to show how good they are why not ride against PL teams, after all, any of them coming over here woudl have to ride as PL heatleaders anyway, so if they're not good enough to ride against PL teams, why bother?

No I don't agree with the Dream Team. No I won't be going to watch them. Yes this will be my last post ont he subject as I know I'll get a lot of stick for daring to speak up against the darlings who seem to be loved on this forum.

Edited by SCB

This is what gets to me about the whole dream team thing.  When we tried to send a fw Brits over the the USA a few yearas ago it was all rushed at the last minutes and money could not be raised, yet they're expecting British companies to pay for the Americans to come over.  Why don't said companies (and the people who buy the merchandise) spend that cash on British riders.

If they really want to show how good they are why not ride against PL teams, after all, any of them coming over here woudl have to ride as PL heatleaders anyway, so if they're not good enough to ride against PL teams, why bother?

No I don't agree with the Dream Team.  No I won't be going to watch them.  Yes this will be my last post ont he subject as I know I'll get a lot of stick for daring to speak up against the darlings who seem to be loved on this forum.

Don't blame us( Americans) for the fact that no one wants to organize a tour for the young Brits to come across.I said before that we would help them with accomomdations out here.Were not expecting British companies to do anything.We have our support from the fans and people that know what we are about.We have our main sponsor that helps us.The riders finance their own trip.

If you don't want to come out and watch some entertaining races than thats your choice.But don't slam us for trying to help riders to decide if speedway is the career that they want. :angry:

This is what gets to me about the whole dream team thing.  When we tried to send a fw Brits over the the USA a few yearas ago it was all rushed at the last minutes and money could not be raised, yet they're expecting British companies to pay for the Americans to come over.  Why don't said companies (and the people who buy the merchandise) spend that cash on British riders.

No I don't agree with the Dream Team.  No I won't be going to watch them.  Yes this will be my last post ont he subject as I know I'll get a lot of stick for daring to speak up against the darlings who seem to be loved on this forum.

SCB,

I think you are missing a few key points;

1. The Dream Team race very cheaply, probably our race fee is less than the payroll of most regular visting teams. Thus the CL clubs that have them visit make very good money when they visit. Some of these venues use such revenues to develop young British riders. Therefore, the Dream Team does more for British development than many.

2. We barely have any UK sponsors, nor are we that interested in persuing. We NEVER have asked for a free ride, in fact ask Mr Facchini or Mr Gomez how much the Dream Team has cost them in terms of personal finance over the years and your jaw would hit the floor! Our tour is self funded 95% of the way. The sponsors we have are not involved in speedway that heavily, so we are not taking someone else's money. If someone was smart they could hit up the companies we bring into speedway to do more for British kids. There is no limit in sponsors, they just need to be sought out. We have never expected a free ride, a set of race jackets is as good as it gets! With Barratt Steels they have backed us for three years - I wonder how many young British riders have approached this sponsor we brought to speedway?

3. We have never clamed to have PL strength teams. Our equipment is not PL standard, nor are most of our riders. But it does give a chance for some riders who do well to make the next leap up when ready, as the CL itself has done for many.

4. If people are buying are merchandise, its up to others to bring their merchandise up to such standards. Why not learn from us rather than attack us?

5. We would welcome a touring team of British riders any time, find them free lodging, take them to see the sights and get in a lot of racing (Victorville runs out of season races in Nov, Jan, Feb & March). I have personally spoke to Peter Oakes, put pieces in the speedway star and done all i can to help the youngsters. Our winter racing here is very grass roots, so much like the Dream Team pays its own way, the British riders would do the same. Note CL rider Ben Hopwood raced today against the Dream Team at Perris and enjoyed the experience. We welcomed him and his family.

6. Sorry that your Newport Mav's will be missing out on the CL this year. Tim Stone has worked for years to get teams that are in the original tradition of the CL and I hope that 2007 is just a year out. If some of the bigger CL clubs move up to Pl in 2008, maybe the CL will return to it's roots - either way, the Dream Team will be over again!

7. We are popular because we put on a show, talk to the fans and have a good time. It's really simple. And if British speedway tracks make good money from our visits, we really hope they spend some of it on British kids.

8. The Dream Team is successful because fans, riders and their families dedicate themselves to the cause. SCB, why not do the same and become more active and do something yourself for the kids? I'm not being sarcastic, we were just a bunch of fans who decided to do something for speedway. It's amazing what a few people can pull off.

With the Dream Team EVERYONE wins, including British speedway and the youth of it, if the British promoters use our tour right - and we wouldn't want it any other way.

Edited by SteveEvans

SCB,

I think you are missing a few key points;

Everyone already knows I don't agree with the principal of the dreamteam but I think it's you who's actually missed SCB's point.

Riding against CL riders doesn't really do them any good. Americans come into the PL on assed 8 point averages. Chris Kerr aside, who did drop a lot from his starting average, no sain Prem promoter is going to take on a Yank who they have only seen against CL riders as a heatleader. Thus making the whole process actually rather pointless as Americans cannot begin their career in the league, which in reality, most of them need to.

Everyone already knows I don't agree with the principal of the dreamteam but I think it's you who's actually missed SCB's point.

Riding against CL riders doesn't really do them any good. Americans come into the PL on assed 8 point averages. Chris Kerr aside, who did drop a lot from his starting average, no sain Prem promoter is going to take on a Yank who they have only seen against CL riders as a heatleader. Thus making the whole process actually rather pointless as Americans cannot begin their career in the league, which in reality, most of them need to.

Silver bee, We are not asking anyone to agree or disagree with the Dream Team concept.The truth is that The Dream Team does a few possitive things for Speedway in general in my oppinion.One of them is that the riders that I take over get to get track time on some bigger tracks than their used to riding.Another point is that the Dream Team challenge matches adds some spot light to the CL tracks that we visit.

Take a look at the talent that Scunthorpe has signed for this year and tell me how many of those guys are gonna stay CL level.Well we do have a plan for our future but I will not go into it.

The people that complain about us are the ones that either haven't been out to see the guys ride or are just sitting back doing nothing themselves to help speedway.

Edited by TMGracing

Take a look at the talent that Scunthorpe has signed for this year and tell me how many of those guys are gonna stay CL level.Well we do have a plan for our future but I will not go into it.

The plan is the 2007 Dream Team are going to stay in the UK this year, marry the best looking British speedway supporters and then come into the PL on 3 point averages next year (since they can ride on an ACU Lisense?. Any young ladies interested should write to myself or TMGRacing for consideration. Craziest idea since Rune Holta became Polish!

Edited by SteveEvans

The plan is the 2007 Dream Team are going to stay in the UK this year, marry the best looking British speedway supporters and then come into the PL on 3 point averages next year (since they can ride on an ACU Lisense?. Any young ladies interested should write to myself or TMGRacing for consideration. Craziest idea since Rune Holta became Polish!

Great one Steve.

When you get the leters from my daughters can you let me know which riders they would like to be attached to please!!! I wold then like to vet said riders!! :D

Also is Gemma (Lupus's daughter aged 6?) allowed to join in. I can tell you right now that Young Mr Gomez is off the list if she is allowed!! :D:D

The people that complain about us are the ones that either haven't been out to see the guys ride or are just sitting back doing nothing themselves to help speedway.

Firstly, I have seen the dream time ride more than once. Secondly, why do you assume just because I don't support the dream team I don't do anything to help speedway?

Firstly, I have seen the dream time ride more than once. Secondly, why do you assume just because I don't support the dream team I don't do anything to help speedway?

At 16-17 years old how much could you have done.You barely got your drivers licence. :D

Lets let this rest really.I understand that there are going to be people against what we do.Thats life really.