British Speedway Forum

Bitch bitch, moan moan. Do you hear all the Pl clubs not in the pairs or fours moaning? No, theya ccept there top 2 or 4 is not good enough.

Hardly the BSPA's fault that BV have built a crap team with a poor top 2. BV knew the rules!

Is Ron Butler so wrong ??

I would have said Jason Crump's average for Poole is 0.00 - Jason hasn't ridden for them yet ??????????

This is the fallacy of running the competition at the start of the season, based on LAST YEARS averages then applying these figures to THIS YEARS team selections.

Bitch bitch, moan moan.  Do you hear all the Pl clubs not in the pairs or fours moaning?  No, theya ccept there top 2 or 4 is not good enough.

Hardly the BSPA's fault that BV have built a crap team with a poor top 2.  BV knew the rules!

Regardless - Belle Vue are the Champions and should be allowed to defend their title.

Is it any wonder that these type of competitions don’t get the fans support when all the teams are not represented?

Instead of grouping these competitions and giving them a fancy name the idiots at the BSPA want to get the basics right first.

Regardless - Belle Vue are the Champions and should be allowed to defend their title.

So Jason Crump should return to Belle Vue for one night?! :blink::rolleyes:

Bitch bitch, moan moan.  Do you hear all the Pl clubs not in the pairs or fours moaning?  No, theya ccept there top 2 or 4 is not good enough.

What are you on about? One Aces fan makes a comment and you come out with this.

"BV knew the rules!" Wrong. Belle Vue didn’t know the rules, nobody did until recently.

"Hardly the BSPA's fault that BV have built a crap team with a poor top 2." Wrong again. So if it’s not the BSPA’s fault then who altered last years points limit to help accommodate Reading, or set a limit on GP riders a few years ago, etc, etc...

The BSPA have a direct affect on team building in the Elite league.

Please don’t be so thick next time. Try harder to grasp the bigger picture.

On the pairs front by the way, I’m not arsed.

So Jason Crump should return to Belle Vue for one night?!  :blink:  :rolleyes:

NO :angry: - That’s not the point. All the teams should be included, practically Belle Vue as they are the Champions and won the title last season. Its regardless if they have Crump or not.

Edited by speedway_dan

What are you on about? One Aces fan makes a comment and you come out with this.

"BV knew the rules!" Wrong. Belle Vue didn’t know the rules, nobody did until recently.

"Hardly the BSPA's fault that BV have built a crap team with a poor top 2." Wrong again. So if it’s not the BSPA’s fault then who altered last years points limit to help accommodate Reading, or set a limit on GP riders a few years ago, etc, etc...

The BSPA have a direct affect on team building in the Elite league.

Please don’t be so thick next time. Try harder to grasp the bigger picture.

On the pairs front by the way, I’m not arsed.

One Aces fans? It's a few at least, for a start someone started a new thread, but the number doesn't matter.

BV did know the rules, just becasue you didn't know them doesn't mean they didn't excist.

The BSPA didn't build the BV team, the BV promotion did. BV had the same rules as every other EL team, so it's NOT the BSPAs fault. How was it the BSPAs fault? Your post doesn't explain how you just list some old rules. I don't expect a reply that the rules are wrong ect etc because they're the same for eveyr team, in what way exactly have the BSPA handicapped BV.

Maybe you're the thick one?! :rolleyes:

NO :angry: - That’s not the point. All the teams should be included, practically Belle Vue as they are the Champions and won the title last season. Its regardless if they have Crump or not.
But it's not the BV pair that won last season so the defending Champions are NOT competing. Whats this obsession that the team that won a competition the year before should get to final the year after just "because". They were entered, every team was, but BV top 2 didn't qualify. It's not like the rules states "last years winner cannot enter" or "BV cannot enter". Nobody is banned from entering, BV have just failed to make the final.

Maybe Peterborough shoudl demand a place in the Play-off finals and Coventry a place in the KOC Final?! Thats what a few BV fans are asking for.

One Aces fans?  It's a few at least, for a start someone started a new thread, but the number doesn't matter.

BV did know the rules, just becasue you didn't know them doesn't mean they didn't excist.

The BSPA didn't build the BV team, the BV promotion did.  BV had the same rules as every other EL team, so it's NOT the BSPAs fault.  How was it the BSPAs fault?  Your post doesn't explain how you just list some old rules.  I don't expect a reply that the rules are wrong ect etc because they're the same for eveyr team, in what way exactly have the BSPA handicapped BV.

Maybe you're the thick one?!  :rolleyes:

When you posted only Ron Butler had posted complaining. Read back and check it and perhaps try this in future so as not to embarrass yourself.

When the Aces assembled their team in early January they did not know the formula or venue for this years pairs. Don’t make thing up to suit your lack of knowledge.

I really didn’t think an explanation would be necessary but (apologies to all in the know speedway fans) here goes. When the BSPA set a limit on GP riders per team it stopped teams tracking two top stars and therefore made these supplus riders available to other teams. When the BSPA set a lower points limit it meant some teams could not accommodate all the riders they had hoped to and therefore made these supplies riders available to other teams. I do not necessarily agree with these rules but the point I’m making is that the BSPA have a very real effect on team building and if rules such as this were in place this year the Aces predicament would not have arisen. Yes it’s the same for everyone, but they do never the less greatly effect team building.

You say maybe I’m the thick one and this implies an element of doubt on your behalf. Maybe is not a word I would choose for you in relation to this matter.

Please don’t feel the need to augur for augments sake as it only serves to make you look foolish. Valid, intelligent posts though are always welcome.

I dont see why they couldnt use last years format and involve all 11 teams. I think its fair to seed the winner, regardless of this years team - SCBs logic doesn't make sense, it's simular to a team winning Champions League that didn't place in their own league to qualify - even if they sell their best players, they still get their place. Besides, Stead and Screen might get a 5-4 or 6-3 against the Coventry pairing - the Cov pairing is good, but like any race, all it takes is a bad gate and Nicholls / Harris do get the odd stinker even in league racing against worse opposition.

Crump and Pedersen are not sure winners either - all it takes is a last place in a semi or final and they are eliminated. They are hot favorites, but they haven't won yet.

Edited by SteveEvans

Guest Schumi
Please don’t feel the need to augur for augments sake

You don't realise how similar you and SCB are :P

Is this news official? :unsure:

Looks like the holders won't have the chance to defend it then.......

If you think the BSPA are run by a bunch of morons.

OK B Vue have the weakest top 2,but should,nt the BSPA take some responsibility for the top riders not wanting to race in our league......

Bitch bitch, moan moan.

When you posted only Ron Butler had posted complaining. Read back and check it and perhaps try this in future so as not to embarrass yourself.

Maths not a strong point? Thats 2, plus Ron, thats 3. Thats two more than 1. :blink:

Anyway, I'm not going to argue anymore because I know I'm right and logics clearly not a strong point of yours. :rolleyes: Argue with idiots and they drag you down to there level.

Edited by SCB

Well i was going to go to this meeting,i don't think i will bother now.We as a club will abide by the rules as set down by the "authorities",as we saw last year when we won it.But having said that Belle Vue will pull in more punters than Arena on a neutral basis.It looks like the BSPA may have shot themselves in the foot. :rolleyes:

It's interesting to see that Matej Zagar is in the lineup for this meeting (as posted on super7even.com). Why, you ask? Because EL pairs meeting is on April 7th, the same day as the first round of Slovenian championship!

Are those lineups official? Because I don't think Matej will be allowed to miss the Slovenian championship meeting.

It's interesting to see that Matej Zagar is in the lineup for this meeting (as posted on super7even.com). Why, you ask? Because EL pairs meeting is on April 7th, the same day as the first round of Slovenian championship!

Are those lineups official? Because I don't think Matej will be allowed to miss the Slovenian championship meeting.

So does that mean they have to forefit their place?

The rules say (I believe- top two averages and not the top two available on the day)

Im not trying to be funny here and I do feel sorry for BV but if the rules say only ten teams what do they say about teams that cannot field their top two.

I dont know the rules and Im sure SCB or someone will enlighten me :P:D

If of course the above is true and Matej wont be here and I have no reason to believe otherwise?!!!

I believe he is to ride at Kings Lynn but what ever happens its going to be a busy time 2 meetings on the Friday kings Lynn on the Saturday and 2 Meetings on the Monday