British Speedway Forum

All this squabbling, when it was quite clear that Lee Richardson should have been given the Wildcard slot.

Quite a reasonable meeting tonight, refreshing to see the old fogeys struggling (Screen, Louis, Havelock) and some good performances from the new brigade, Kennett really does seem to have the world at his feet if he continues to develop as he is.

One last observation, how poor is Simon Stead??!!, why is he constantly lauded as a big hope for England??

If Nicholls was so disappointed with third place then perhaps he shouldn't have used the meeting as an engine testing session  :blink:

Genuinely not wanting to try to score points or put anyone down but does that not sound like quite a convenient excuse?

Steveie boy - So you're judging David on one meeting round Poole?.....Kennett rode for Eastie earlier in the season at Monmore and who did he beat?....He beat DAVID in one ride and other than that he beat Piper, Karlsson (M) and Lawson!

Not exactly 'world beating' is it! :P

Edited by lupus

Whatever that Chris Harris has stepped in can i have some, he just gets better and better, good luck to him for the rest of the year.

as for the one track wonder boy i hope he proves me wrong and does well in Cardiff.

there aint gonna be a fair track most have ridden at pl level and would know the crack on some of them, it's not davids fault he rode well and he is at cardiff on merit.

Bloody old moaning buggers in here at times.

It's the authorities that pick the venue the riders just ride.

I agree it should be held at a neutral track but hey the track was the same for all riders tonight....... we have all heard that alot over the years.

Guest Jacques
All this squabbling, when it was quite clear that Lee Richardson should have been given the Wildcard slot.

:lol:

that is a joke, right? :blink:

I thought it was good, wolves produced good racing as ever. Nice to see havvy ride the kerb ;)

Harris is the new Loram, Nicholls, good but not good enough. David Howe will be at Cardiff, and he deserves to be!

As David pointed out on TV tonight - almost all of the Brits ride Monmore well (GT Ricahrdson being the obvious exception! ;) ) so it's nonsense to claim that David's advantage was as great as some would like to believe! :rolleyes:

thank god most riders are more gracious in defeat than some of you supporters.

the rules were set howe won fair and square,and good luck to him.

ed kennett will have his day,and hopefully many more

Well done to all the riders in the final tonight. But out of interest what age is Howe?

25 I think! He's been riding for so long it's hard to remember....he's not much older than that anyway!

Edited to Add: Date of birth 1st March 1982....so I was right he's still only 25!

Edited by lupus

Fairly sure David is 24. possibly 25. He went EL at a very young age. has stuck at it and tonight got some reward.

Still he gets stick.

Why?

(Cue predictable small minded responses.)

Edited by 847084

Well Done Bomber and well done to David Howe weather he won it on home advantage or not still had to race and we will see how good he is At Cardiff when he meets the best.

25 I think!  He's been rding for so long it's hard to remember....he's not much older than that anyway!

Thanks Lupus. Eddie is only 20 so has plenty of years left to make his mark his time will come. Howe has had more years experience under his belt.