British Speedway Forum

I would along with most on here would use a luphole if it was available.

I'm trying to work out if the spelling mistake was deliberate or not............... :unsure::blink::blink:

Edited by lupus

This has the makings of a good meeting. I nearly always enjoy the Sky meetings from Monmore, so therefore have given up my Monday night out to stay in and watch. So it had better be a good'un. :approve:

Bomber to win with Simon Stead second to get the Cardiff place because in my opinion he most deserves it and Loobie third! Please! :D

Guest Jim Blanchard
This has the makings of a good meeting. I nearly always enjoy the Sky meetings from Monmore, so therefore have given up my Monday night out to stay in and watch. So it had better be a good'un.  :approve:

Bomber to win with Simon Stead second to get the Cardiff place because in my opinion he most deserves it and Loobie third! Please!  :D

We are also looking forward to it LW, with the Castrol R burner is already on the patio :o:D

Just hoping its a good meeting for speedway and the best man to win and they all complete it without any serious incident, and whatever the results - they all get through it safely. :)

I'm sure many will be seeing Tai for the first time tonight.

I've only ever seen him at Arlington in the British U21, but IMO he's the most naturally talented rider I've ever seen.

Hope that is picked up in front of the cameras, even though he'll probably be well down the scoresheet.

Hello Jim :) , you are absolutely right, thats the most important thing. Good luck to all the riders.

Thats a good idea of yours to get the smell as well as the action, all in your own home! :approve:

do the heats work in the same way as Grand Prix heats, if i put the 16 riders into my gp programme generator it will be the same for this meeting ?

No it's not. As covered previously...

5 rides each

top 2 straight to the final

next 4 into last chance semi

top two from that join the others in the final.

Maybe the system IS wrong but it is the system NOT Tai who is at fault in that case.  He is NOT 'abusing' the system, just using it!  Hands up who on here would NOT use a loophole if it were open to them?  :unsure:  :P

Here we go again!! :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was his fault.

I didn't say he was abusing the system. In fact I used the same word that you have used. I said he was 'using' the system to his advantage.

I didn't say I wouldn't do the same.

You are still trying put words in my mouth, and of others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, I'm going to be brave and go for a prediction.

The points are rough, because I couldn't be bothered to work out who meets who where, and whether it all adds up.

Scott - 13

David - 12

Chris H - 10

Simon - 9

Chris L - 8

Joe - 8

Ed - 7

Lee - 6

Olly - 5

Lewis - 5

Tai - 4

Gary - 4

Danny - 3

Richard - 3

James - 2

William - 2

Final

David

Chris H

Scott

Chris L

I'm torn when I get to the final. I can make a case for any of the top 3 to blow it. I'll go with that lot and see how close I get.

Hello Jim  :) , you are absolutely right, thats the most important thing. Good luck to all the riders.

Thats a good idea of yours to get the smell as well as the action, all in your own home!  :approve:

I am going to watch the match with some old smelly trainers in the front room to bring home the smell of speedway :D

Just an ordinary Monday night then Orion!? :P

I note you said old and smelly but not cheap! :D

Just an ordinary Monday night then Orion!?  :P

I note you said old and smelly but not cheap!  :D

Your getting rather cheeky of late :wink: maybe watching two much jeremy kyle is having an affect on yer :P

Shouldn't there be a 1 somewhere in there? :D

Guest Jacques

we've seen Tai ride at Coventry, in the second half ...and as Mr J says,

" he's like Sh*t off the proverbial shovel..."

all I can say is good luck to him!!!!!!!!

and of course everyone else who's riding tonight :D

Shouldn't there be a 1 somewhere in there?  :D

He'll get more than 1. ;)

If I'm wrong I'll happily admit it. I said earlier in the thread that he may get done for pace. I'll stick with that, and see what happens. :)

Here we go again!!  :rolleyes: 

I didn't say it was his fault. 

I didn't say he was abusing the system.  In fact I used the same word that you have used.  I said he was 'using' the system to his advantage.

I didn't say I wouldn't do the same.

You are still trying put words in my mouth, and of others. 

Hey 19th Century Spoon - chill out boy!!! :lol::P

Although I quoted your post my point wasn't just aimed at you. There have been a number of people who have been having a go at Tai personally which I really don't think is a pleasant thing to do to a 17 year old kid! :(

The main reason I quoted you was becasue you did say Tai had said he was an Aussie and I wanted to get across the point that he did say this 12 months ago when he first arrived in the UK - I haven't heard him say anything this season. Maybe after spending time in the 'auld country' he has changed his mind....how do we know? One thing I do know is that to constantly give the kid hassle over this issue is NOT going to endear the British public to him! :rolleyes:

Woffinden has ridden at Monmore before, albeit in the Olympique. He wobbled around slowly. Going by that I'd not expect a great deal from him tonight.

Lewis loves Monmore. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat some of the big guns tonight.

Could even sneak into the semi, if not the final.