British Speedway Forum
Rico

World U-21 Final - Ostrow, Poland

On a slight tangent... it looks like I might be able to go to Bydgoszcz GP after all as my lectures in Spain start later than I'd expected  B)

Just thought I'd share my joy  :D back to the topic...

...back to the topic then - are you gonna join us and do your first speedway trip by bus in Poland? :)

Haha, maybe! :D I have to sort out my flights etc first :unsure:

Alright, just find something for Monday instead of leaving in rush on Sunday.

About 7 pm I think as it's gonna be the first night meeting in Ostrow at their rebuilt stadium.

About 7 pm I think as it's gonna be the first night meeting in Ostrow at their rebuilt stadium.

Mateusz

We are thinking of buying our 4 tickets for the numbered seats at 50 Zl. It offers you choice of seats. Where would you suggest. Near the back or the front. Are you at Cardiff. Look forward to seeing you if you are if not see you in Bydgoczsz. Let me know if you need any money for the bus.

Cheers

Ped

Pedropete,

I'd go for middle to back at Ostrow. You don't want to be too near the front.

I'll get more info up about the bus at the weekend with costings etc - sorry I've not managed to get round to it yet.

Rico :rolleyes:

Mateusz

We are thinking of buying our 4 tickets for the numbered seats at 50 Zl.  It offers you choice of seats.  Where  would you suggest.  Near the back or the front.  Are you at Cardiff.  Look forward to seeing you if you are if not see you in Bydgoczsz.  Let me know if you need any money for the bus.

Cheers

Ped

Never been at Ostrow but I always suggest back seats - the higher you sit the more you see usually.

I'm going to Cardiff, maybe we'll meet there then. As for the money, I first have to discuss a few things with Rico and my friend Mama and then we'll write how we're gonna raise money for the bus.

As Rico wrote, he should provide all info about costs etc. over this weekend.

Edited by Mateusz

Firsly apologies for the delay in updating this information. Plans are pretty much in place and agreed with our Polish friends and we've got plenty of time on our side.

Our intention is to use a 49 seater bus for the trip to Ostrow as we have interest from 22 on here and there will also be some Polonia Bydgoszcz fans coming with us. If, as expected, at least 2 of their riders qualify for the final maybe hopefully there will be quite a bit more interest - the more people that come on the bus, the cheaper it will be for everyone. I have specifically requested a modern standard of bus as I'm sure no-one wants to be locked up in a 1960's style bus for the day.

We looked at getting 2 minibuses (14 seater) or 3 x 8 seaters but the cost was either the same or more than going for a large bus, which should hopefully have more room available to everyone.

The bus will leave our departure point in Bydgoszcz (exact place to be agreed) at least 5 hours before the scheduled start-time in Ostrow to give us plenty of time, the journey is estimated around 3 hours. It's looking like an evening start, so we'll probably be departing Bydgoszcz around 2pm.

The actual cost of the bus is not definite at the moment as there is fears that the prices will go up because of rising petrol prices in Poland, however I think we can only go with what we know at the moment so what I am proposing is that each person pays £10 by the middle of August to secure their seat. This should actually be more than enough for the trip and you will hopefully get a few zloty in change when we are actually on the bus. As a comparison, the train (second class) comes in at around £13 return (£20 return first class) and takes a minimum of 4 hours. Getting a train back after the meeting looks nigh on impossible. So hopefully you will agree we're getting a good bargain here.

Once final numbers are known (likely to be as we depart Bydgoszcz) I'll put together a complete cost breakdown and you'll be able to see how your £10 got spent and hopefully a few zloty back in your pocket. I feel I need to be fairly conservative with the figures at the moment and go on a worse-case scenario.

If those who I've named as 'head' of their groups (Pedropete, B52, Pammie and Cedarman) could get in touch with me by e-mail peter.leckie@gmail.com with confirmation that you are still planning to use the bus I will give you details of how to pay. As I said there is no rush to pay now, however I think a deadline of 15 August seems fair enough as I can't have people saying they are going to come along and not show up/pay.

Please bear in mind (as Pedropete clearly already has) that all we are providing here is transport to and from the stadium. It is your own responsibility to ensure you have a stadium ticket. These can be booked in advance from e-ticket.pl.

I'll add reminders/any updates on here periodically to make sure we don't lose sight of things. Hopefully you are all happy with the likely arrangements so far. I'm sure it'll be a good day out. Look forward to hearing from you.

Rico :rolleyes:

I have specifically requested a modern standard of bus as I'm sure no-one wants to be locked up in a 1960's style bus for the day.

:D

That would make this trip even more memorable. But seriously, no worries about that :wink:

Sounds fine by me Rico. Well done though it sounds like a late night. Cannot have it all way's the late start will be welcome after a late saturday night in Chesterfields.

Pedro.

Hi Rico,

Spoke to the group that I am going to the GP with and they are interested in this trip, I can let you know number by the weekend but it will probably be 12 if that is ok,

Rita

More the merrier Rita - the more people that go the less it will cost everyone.

Keep me posted.

Rico

Thanks for reply, as I said can let you know number by weekend

Rita