British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Whitley Bay Speedway

There was a track at Hillheads Whitley Bay in 1929. Has anyone any pictures. I know its a tall order as the track only operated for a couple of months

There was a track at Hillheads Whitley Bay in 1929.  Has anyone any pictures.  I know its a tall order as the track only operated for a couple of months

Sorry, can't help at the moment as all my books are packed ready for relocation.

Should there be no response I'll try to remember to check when I've sorted out a new ISP but that will be in about 4/5 weeks.

Ron.

Graham Fraser wrote an excellent article on the 12 meetings staged at Whitley Bay in the Speedway Researcher (March 2002 edition).

In it, he says that local newspaper photos of the first meeting "show 6 riders at the start line and the crowd lined up behind an open wooden fence"

May be worth digging them out at the local library.

Hi 2 mins

Thanks for the tip. I have researched local press microfilm a couple of times without any luck.

Does anyone have a contact email or telephone number for Graham Fraser

Hi 2 mins

Thanks for the tip. I have researched local press microfilm a couple of times without any luck.

Hi 2 mins

Thanks for the tip.  I have researched local press microfilm a couple of times without any luck.

I have sent you his phone number by e-mail