British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Slovenian GP on Ch4

Last night I watched the coverage of the GP and though I would bring up a few things I noticed.

1. After the Nicki and Gollob crash, Gollob went back into the pits and had "words" with Tomasz, now I don't know if it was because he was scared of Tomaz or something but Nicki saw him coming, apologised and shook his hand while accepting what Tomasz had to say. Well done Nicki!

2. I lost count of the number of times that riders used the word duck, Channel 4 bleeped it out a few times as well! Crumpy, Gollob, Sullivan, Loram and Pedersen were all seen mouthing at it some point.

So Crumpy is not the only one to swear.

3. In the final Nicki knew that Adams was going wide on the last lap so what did he do?! Moved out to the fence, I don't like riders doing that, whether they be Pedersen or Smart, I think it's wrong. Leigh didn't do the same after on the back straight, just proves talent and class will beat dodgy tactics!!

4. Ryan Sulivan, I don't know why but I'm realy starting to like him now. Must be because he is being more human!

5. TRicks house! He has build his workshop on the swimming pool! :) It was great to see him with his daughter like that, it's probably of very little intrest to non-speedwya fans but following riders liek TRick and Andreas is great(I used Andreas as an example as my sister saw that one last year and fell in love with Andreas!)

6. Please put more GP's on real tracks, seeing Gollob race like that is what speedway is all about, I am a complete convert now, I used to really dislike him, on and off track. No I love to see him ride and loved his comments with Julia, particuly after the Pedersen incident!

I'm sure there were more points I wanted to mention than this so I'll probably add to it at some time!

Something i would like to point out:

Julia Bradbury in a bikini! superb!

Another point:

I still think Jason Crump is a t**t for the way he constantly reacts to the tv cameras. He is supposed to be a professional sportsman and threatening camera men is not big or clever. I personally hope he never wins the world championship. You dont see any other riders react to the cameras because they accept they are their and that they are professionals. He needs to grow up and perhaps that would happen if someone told him rather than his pit staff and father licking his behind.

I watched the GP highlights of the GP on channel 4 too and in response to your views-

1. Yes Tomasz did go to have "words" with Nicki and was very angry at the time. I think Nicki had calmed down a little and maybe thought he should have gone to see him when he was down on the track, so did the honourable thing and went to shake hands and apologise. I don't think this was because he was scared of Gollob! I doubt he is bothered by anyone to be honest. But so many people have only got bad words to say about Pedersen but he's just a very hard racer and is fighting to be World Champ, I don't think he wants to cause any injuries or delibrately make enemies. But its their living and he's determined to be top of the ranks come October, so I guess he will be perceived badly sometimes.

2. Have to say I didn't notice the other riders swearing but I can imagine they all do at times. I guess Crumpy will always get the media and critics on his back for anything he does, because he is not liked by a LOT of people.

3. I dont think Pedersen did anything dirty in the final. Watch both Leigh & Nicki's reactions after the final and I think you'll see they both enjoyed hard BUT fair racing. Of course Pedersen is going to try all different lines as a last ditch attmept, if he'd got the win it would have put him top of the standings. But I do think he never tried to force Leigh off.

4. I've never had a problem with Sullivan so can't really comment! Guess people are seeing all the pain he's been putting up with and that he still isn't giving up. Show's how determined he is, think a lot of people think more highly of him now.

5. Tricks house was pretty special. Can't imagine any other riders live in such luxury, he seems to have it all, lucky bugger!

6. I agree that real race tracks usually provide better racing and makes it more even for all riders but I guess SGP need a combination because if they were all real race tracks, we wouldn't be racing at the likes of the Millenium Stadium, Parken,Copenhagen and last year in the fantastic Aussie stadium. And SGP need to attract the big sponsors, big crowds and make it more glamourous. Shame we can't have it both ways!

I was never a Gollob fan either and I will never be a big supporter but I do respect him more than I once did. Have to say him & Julia have struck up a good relationship and at least he attempts English with her and he always has something interesting to say.

Just my views...

I think you all mis-read the situation between gollob and Nicki.

I think if you watch it closely you will see that Nicki is being sarcy. He knows that gollob can hardly string a sentence together in English and was, to put it lightly; taking the p!ss.

Also, if you listen you can hear nicki say 'you would have done the same right, you would have done the same!!'

It made me laugh anyway, not only a great rider but also pretty witty too.

i know who I am gunning for this year.

in regards to crump,

he is a complete loser and always will be, the sooner he calls it a day the better.

he should face facts, he is never going to be champ, there will always be someone better than him.

he should stick to being ginger, he seems pretty good at that.

GRRRRRRRRRR :x @ the people dissing Jason!!!!!!

He RULES!

For some reason everyone picks on him!

Whats the need???

If he had the amount of fortune/red gates that Trick has then he WOULD be the World Champion!

Had he not been taken out in a polish meeting at the start of last year and had his elbow shattered he WOULD be the REIGNING and DEFENDING World Champion as we speak!

Give The Guy A Break!

in regards to crump,

he is a complete loser and always will be, the sooner he calls it a day the better.

he should face facts, he is never going to be champ, there will always be someone better than him.

Another one of those "toungue in cheek" comments fuelled by your "previous experiences" Wolfcrazy ??

Not a swipe at Oxford this time though.......mind yuo Jason is an Oxford asset !!

Only joking

in regards to crump,

Another one of those "toungue in cheek" comments fuelled by your "previous experiences" Wolfcrazy ??

Not a swipe at Oxford this time though.......mind yuo Jason is an Oxford asset !!

Only joking

I always find it quite sad when someone makes an effort to track down somebodies posts in order to make a point. It's almost like you can't let it go, I'm flattered I really am although I am engaged.

I always find it quite sad........

Only one saddo on this thread, predictably a wolves fan, your so tounge in cheek it must hurt with all your ernest trolling. All in a worthy companion to lupus.

in regards to crump,

2nd in the world 2 years running, yes, in the WORLD & still in his prime.

in regards to crump,

in regards to crump,

I dunno about that, I think he is the worlds number one ginger.

Thanks for posting that twice and high lighting key words by the way, it just didn't make sense until you did that.

I'm still getting the hang of this posting bussiness WC, you got me good there mate. I guess beeing an Ozy & reading so many Crump slagging posts on this site (which I look at most days), aspecially the personal slurs like loser etc, doesn't sit too well with me, but everyone is entitled to there opnion & I guess thats yours. Me personally, if I wanted to give to someone, I'd say to there face.

Sorry Poona, I was only joking. i couldn't resist.

I don't like jason, nothing to do with the fact he's australian, It's just he really needs to grow up and realise he isn't the be-all and end-all which he seems to think he is.

He is not doing himself any favours by throwing tantrums nearly every week. if i knew the guy I would tell him what I thought believe me but as this is a forum for speedway this seems the next best thing.