British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buster

Qualification For 4tt

This is Jonathan chapman breaking one of my own rules to never post on forums but I believe it is neccasary at the moment because of all the doom and gloom surrounding what promises to be one of the most exciting meetings of 2007!

The qualification system may not have been explained to the full extent on the BSPA website but has been explained on the www.super7even.com, I understand that some people may have not fully read it so I will explain it in full on here.

As people know last years averages don't neccasarily represent riders performances this year so it was decided that with ALL super7even events we would use REAL TIME averages, this is probably something that has never been done before and is as far as i'm concerned the best way to get the most in form teams into a competition, basically the cut off date was Friday 13th and all meetings up to that date were used to calculate EVERY single rider in the premier league..... ok this may be open to flaws such as some teams only having 4 official fixtures and some 7 but surely this is the most accurate way to get the best line up?

As far as I can see this is a positive move forward, the averages are published on the super7even website and are 100% accurate, the 8th seeded team is for us to decide and I believe with Ulrich Ostergarrd (peterborough asset) and Jason Lyons in the Birmingham line up they pose a big threat of being a surprise package.

Below are the teams including their REAL TIME AVERAGE for the their top 4 riders as of FRIDAY 13th APRIL

TOP 7

King’s Lynn 36.46

(Daniel Nermark, Tomas Topinka, Paul Lee, Chris Mills, Res Trevor Harding)

Redcar 35.65

(Gary Havelock, James Grieves, Mathieu Tressarrieu, Chris Kerr Res: Dan Giffard)

Rye House 34.91

(Tai Woffinden, Chris Neath, Stuart Robson, Steve Boxall Res: Tommy Allen)

Glasgow 33.50

(George Stancl, Shane Parker, David McAllen, Lee Dicken Res: Robert Ksiezak)

Isle Of Wight 30.66

(Chris Holder, Jason Bunyan, Kryzstof Stojanowski, Glen Phillips Res: Cory Gathercole)

Workington 30.53

(Kauko Nieminen, James Wright, Craig Branney, Kenneth Hansen Res: Mattia Carpenese)

Somerset 29.88

(Magnus Zetterstrom, Emil Kramer, Richie Hawkins, Jordan Frampton Res: Simon Walker)

SEEDED TEAM

Birmingham 28.61

(Jason Lyons, Ulrich Ostergaard, Emiliano Sanchez, Aiden Collins Res: Brent Werner)

GROUP A

King’s Lynn, Glasgow, Somerset & Redcar

GROUP B

Rye House, Isle Of Wight, Birmingham & Workington

NB If any team is seriously weakened due to injuries then they can be replaced at the discretion of Management Committee up to 10 days before the event, Sheffield (average of 28.85) are 1st reserves.

I hope this clears a few things up and remember these events will evolve over the next few years, what we must remeber that not many years ago we wouldn't even see a line up until a week before the event, at least now supporters up and down the country know what is happening a whole month before the event....... surely that's got to be good for the sport?

regards JC :)

fair play for explaining this.....well done about time promoters explained things like this

NB If any team is seriously weakened due to injuries then they can be replaced at the discretion of Management Committee up to 10 days before the event, Sheffield (average of 28.85) are 1st reserves.

Good on you for choosing to put the post here on the BSF and speaking direct to the fans. :)

No arguement from me on the bulk of the text but I do find the section on weakened teams interesting. And Im not being negative here.

You talk in the post about the 7's events evolving with time and I agree we learn as we progress. So I wonder if the Elite League Pairs was not the first in the competition would the statement about seriously weakened teams being replaced have come into play in that event.

I dont expect, nor need you to answer as it is really hyperthetical and it will only become relevant when next seasons EL Pairs take place. But its just a thought and one many Belle Vue fans make be asking themselves.

Mod Note: - this thread is now locked, can discussion continue on the original thread please at http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...60entry895028