British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
i_support_no_team

What Do We Know About Wroclaw

Wroclaw may not quite be up to Bydgoszcz for racing but the city is great especially the square. Sunshine, great atmosphere, speedway and hopefully sunny days, just what we need. :)

Have to agree, I though the City was great, the atmosphere around the stadium was very good too.....plenty of bars and entertainment when I went (final Polish League match for Wroclaw v Czesterchowa)

I saw some good racing too, but almost had my night ruined by a drunk who lost his balance on the bench seat behind me....good job it wasn't a kid he fell on, the bloke was big.....lol

HI Mateusz, do you know where the speedway bar is, apparently it is under a railway arch I think. Do you know the name of the place please. It has bikes and all the parafinallia of speedway. I was told about it last year but never got there. :)

We were told about it but never got there. We were staying at the Holiday Inn on Pilsudskiego and it was on the street behind the hotel. It isn't far from the railway station and there is a market at the far end.

When I started this thread, all I wanted to know about was results from the place but reading the stories and the camaradery amongst speedway fans it really is a pleasure to have started the thread. I especially like the story about the gollob fans moveing the tree.

My first trip to speedway was Hackney when I was very young and my dad did not know where the track was, we stopped to ask someone who said, thats where im going, so my dad gave him a lift (nothing to do with Wroclaw but just thought id share it with you)

Can I just ask one of the Q's I mentioned earlier with regard to any track changes in recent years as there seems a shift in gate supremacy, or possibly even if there has been weather affected GP's the last two years which may explain the shift away from Red

Thanks

For those who have an interest in matters which extend beyond the price of a beer, I strongly recommend a visit to the Panorama. This large painting is a representation of the Battle of Racławice and is absolutely stunning. The painting can be found on the ul. Purkyniego, and is well signposted.

And don't forget Wroclaw was also the venue where Bobby M won the World U21 Final.

Edited by Mr Snackette

The painting can be found on the ul. Purkyniego, and is well signposted.

Maybe it will be easier to say that it's exactly in front of Radisson Hotel where many forum members are staying or used to stay in the past. :)

For these who don't know where the Radisson is, Panorama Racławicka can be found very close to Galeria Dominikańska - the big shopping centre. So if you happen to do your shopping there it's worth seeing the painting as well :)

Does anyone have a copy of the draw for Wroclaw, I usually view it on speedwayworld.tv but the page is blank and if I remember the same thing happened for the last gp in lonigo where the draw disappared in the week leading up to the gp and never returned.

So it anyone knows where else I can view it, it would be much appreciated.

thanks

have a look at

www.speedwayworld.tv

race card there you can print off

is it just me then that gets a blank screen when I click on the link on speedwayworld.tv for the draw It was there last week after the draw was made but now its blank and the same happened with lonigo

is it just me then that gets a blank screen when I click on the link on speedwayworld.tv for the draw  It was there last week after the draw was made but now its blank and the same happened with lonigo

must be,i just logged on,entered and then clicked on the blue and yellow european draw square,and up it came