British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
garf

Lindbäck

I bet he did!! :P

just because hes had 2 bad meetings doesnt mean hes not a world calss rider all of a sudden.

if he makes 2 finals in a row later this year, hell be the next big thing again

Excuse me, David Howe will be the next big think, not this second rate Swede.

He is just the Swedish answer of "the beggar"

He's shown flashes of brilliance, but to be truly world class you need to do it consistently under all conditions. That's my definition and I'm sticking to it. :wink:

He is just the Swedish answer of "the beggar"

So true.

surely subedei,that depends on your definition of a "world class rider"

I guess you're right. My definition of world class is multiple GP wins and at the top of the averages in the major leagues. On neither count has Lindback managed to get classified as "world class". If you have a lower standard, then I guess you have a lower standard.

Feel really sorry for the guy. You don't go from being a top class and stylish rider to the pale shadow he is at the moment without there being some serious issues there.

I was critical of what went on at Poole last summer, but I hate seeing a good rider like him so obviously struggling. Either he still has serious issues with his knee which aren't being made public; there are problems in his camp; or he is so low on confidence and race fitness that it's killing him on track. Or perhaps a combination of all three?

Really hope he can get it sorted. On his day well worth watching, but not like this. :(

So true.

I guess you're right. My definition of world class is multiple GP wins and at the top of the averages in the major leagues. On neither count has Lindback managed to get classified as "world class". If you have a lower standard, then I guess you have a lower standard.

prior to my marriage,i had very low standards,but thats for a different thread.

if lindback a man just into his twenties and into his 3rd? gp series,a guaranteed selection for one of the worlds top speedway nations is not world class by your standards then,fine.

i would love to hear who you think is world class in football or cricket

It must be a record of its own to score 0-0-0-0-0 on 5 heats in the GP?

Very depressing to see so poor!!

now lets not be too hard on the lad , he saved me from one almighty bo!!icking tonight ,i was watching in the pub and as his score flashed up it reminded me i had to get half a dozen eggs on the way home for the wifes omelette, cheers ant :blink:

It must be a record of its own to score 0-0-0-0-0 on 5 heats in the GP?

Very depressing to see so poor!!

Anton has done it before .

i think walking out on Poole last year, and not riding over here to start the build up to the GPs has hurt him big time, a very silly young man.

Guest Schumi
prior to my marriage,i had very low standards,but thats for a different thread.

if lindback a man just into his twenties and into his 3rd? gp series,a guaranteed selection for one of the worlds top speedway nations is not world class by your standards then,fine.

i would love to hear who you think is world class in football or cricket

Sorry, I'm kind of monopolising his time right now. Sure he'll get back to you soon. :wink: