British Speedway Forum
RPNY

New Scoring/victory Parade Confusion

So there I am happy that my each way bet for Hancock has come in - then he doesnt come out and stand on the podium... The big screen simply says

1) pedersen

2) andersan

3) harris

4) crump...

So will I get paid up or officially did andersan come 2nd in the meeting? If Nikki had come 2nd in the final but won the meeting who would have been top of the rostrum???

It's the fairest way to have the points system but trying to tell someone who is new to it all is not the easiest!!

You see how do you explain that to someone new to it all? The fella with 13 points finished above the fella with 15 points..

Not really confusing, its just a case of realising how it works in advance and not making a fuss if the old way would have benefitted our particular favourites. We're used to quirky rules in speedway so nothing new there.

Basically your standard 3 points for a win etc throughout the meeting, double points in the final, with these points carried forward to the overall totals. The podium places determined on the final race of the night. Confusing? Nah! :D

You see how do you explain that to someone new to it all? The fella with 13 points finished above the fella with 15 points..

you right because one scored 15 points from 6 rides,and the other scored 11 from 7 rides.

if i was hans andersen,i would thank my lucky stars that after scoring,a derisory 6 points,i got the opportunity to nick an extra 7

how do you explain to someone new? you say "they are the current rules"

do you not watch any other sports? odd things happen in all of them

Positions in a particular GP are determined by the riders' postions in the final.

Positions in the GP SERIES are determined by the accumulated points.

Easy peasy!

:)

I think there's going to be a few ructions in the nation's bookmaker offices when now and again the inevitable happens, that being a rider winning the GP without gaining the most points.

Entering the semi-final or final an outsider to the sport will see that his rider is several points clear and presume their money is as good as in the bank.

Whilst most speedway supporters are aware of the situation and the reasoning behind it, betters outside the sport are going to be in for a nasty surprise when they go to claim their expected winnings.

Cool, tks to you all for helping to clear it up or me. Think I will try my luck at William Hill anyway!!

I suppose even tho I dont agree with the fact that the top scorer might not get to stand on the top of the rostrum, it does at least keep the final special in some way...