British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Speedway Mails Urgently Needed!

Help!

Can anyone please help with the brief loan of old copies of the Speedway Mail newspaper?

I urgently need to look through copies covering the period 1985 (all season) and pre-July 1986, in connection with reseach for our Kenny Carter book.

Trouble is, I need to look through the papers BEFORE NEXT MONDAY! as the deadline is looming.

So, if anyone who has these copies wouldn't mind letting me have a flick through them (ideally, someone who lives near enough to us in Hornchurch, Essex, so that we can collect from you), then they would be in line for a knighthood!

Don't ask me why I never bothered to keep all my old Mails. Who has a garage or loft that big anyway!

Seriously, if anyone can help, please either PM me by email at editorial@retro-speedway.com or phone me or Susie at Retro Speedway on 01708 734 502 asap.

Obviously, any copies loaned will be kept in the same condition we receive them and returned safe and secure next week.

I'd offer to buy them if someone would sell, but I assume anyone who has kept the papers that long will not wish to part with them. If not, name your price!

Cheers,

Tony Mac

Hope you get your hands on them Tony. But I do hope this book is not being rushed out just for Cardiff. I, like a lot of people am really looking forward to this book (i only wish I'd done it myself :rolleyes: ) and would be happier to wait for a really top-notch read than something rushed out.. :)