British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
T.N.T.

Pre Cardiff Drinks

Ive got alittle problem too, me and three mates are xoming down via train from the midlands Saturday morning largely due to the fact none of us could decided who was going to drive as we shall be making a day of it on el vino, however we havent booked return train tickets due to the fact we may (will) fancy a few drinks maybe a club or something after, anyone have any ideas, of where to go after that maybe open as late as possible as the next train back the following day is around 9:00am, and I don't fancy getting mugged while I sleep at Cardiff International Train Station?

Any suggestions?

The Prince of Wales is where I'll be meeting up with my mates and meeting some new people too, seems to be where most people go as it's only across the road from the stadium  :D

Can't wait now!!!  :D  :lol:

Woohoo! You're round Lou! B)

Don't worry, there's only 10 in our group... :P

If I do manage to finally persaude my parents to have my other 2 boys, the Prince of Wales is where I will be going, hopefully getting there earlier than previous years as I will be driving myself and not taking the coach!

Woohoo! You're round Lou!  B)

Don't worry, there's only 10 in our group...  :P

I'm not worried seeing as I only know 1 of you! The others can fend for themselves! Unless they're cute of course!! :oops::D

Ive got alittle problem too, me and three mates are xoming down via train from the midlands Saturday morning largely due to the fact none of us could decided who was going to drive as we shall be making a day of it on el vino, however we havent booked return train tickets due to the fact we may (will) fancy a few drinks maybe a club or something after, anyone have any ideas, of where to go after that maybe open as late as possible as the next train back the following day is around 9:00am, and I don't fancy getting mugged while I sleep at Cardiff International Train Station?

Any suggestions?

go to one of the dodgy clubs.. im sure you will find a bed for the night!

The others can fend for themselves! Unless they're cute of course!! :oops:  :D

Looks like they had better buy their own then; sorry! :oops:

15 days and counting... :approve:

Edited by Seb the Snail

Any suggestions?

If you get an earlier train then try camping at lavernoch point! only about £5 per head, use the other money to get a cab down first thing! There will be loadsa space and it will take you 15 min in a cab and wont cost more than a tenner!

The facilities at the station are not that good!

website is www.lavernochpoint.com

go to one of the dodgy clubs.. im sure you will find a bed for the night!

I'm sure I would get a bed for the night, however the other half wouldn't be impressed at all! if you get my drift.

I'm thinking it would have been allot easier to have booked a hotel room well in advance and not made a last minute decision to do it the way we are.

I'm sure I would get a bed for the night, however the other half wouldn't be impressed at all! if you get my drift.

I'm thinking it would have been allot easier to have booked a hotel room well in advance and not made a last minute decision to do it the way we are.

See my above post! You can get a three (but really its 2) person tent in tesco which will be good enough for you for one night for less than £30! Return taxi from cardiff to the site for £20 between four is nothing!!! On the day of the meeting they run there own taxi's into town, you just book at reception!

I've stayed there the last two years and its great, the views are very good! This year I'm treating myself to a hotel!

See my above post! You can get a three (but really its 2) person tent in tesco which will be good enough for you for one night for less than £30!  Return taxi from cardiff to the site for £20 between four is nothing!!! On the day of the meeting they run there own taxi's into town, you just book at reception!

I've stayed there the last two years and its great, the views are very good! This year I'm treating myself to a hotel!

Thanks for the information, however I just don't think we will want to carry a tent around pubs and a nightclub with us on the Saturday.

I'm sure we'll think of something . See you all in the Prince of Wales then .  :approve:

Im sure you can borrow my Pink Cowboy hat form an hour or two!!!! :D

Due to lack of staff at the noddle king due to a lot more checking of passports i am not able to make it this year but i have given seb the snail enough money that he can buy you all a free drink enjoy !!!!!!!!!.

He easy to find as he will be wearing a i love daid howe t shirt :P

Edited by orion