British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chalkie

Czech Golden Helmet 2007

Myself and a group of friends are planning to travel to the Chzech Golden Helmet meeting on 6 October 2007 in Pardubice. Trouble is we have no experience of doing this kind of trip and none of Chzechoslovakia/Prague. Is there anyone out there who can give any advice or has done it before who could give giudance. We are unaware of any Speedway related package deals-are there any? Ideally we want to also take in another meeting that weekend and had thought that the Lubos Tomicek Memorial would be good but it appears that this one is being held on Monday 8 October-does anyone know of any others on the Sunday. Answers to any or all of these questions would be greatly appreciated. If there is specific detail you want to email directly to me please do so via thewhitehouse@onetel.net Thanks in anticipation!

The Czech Golden Helmet is on Sunday October 7th at Pardubice....

Its the Golden Band (Junior Golden Helmet) on Saturday October 6th....

As you say, the Lubos Tomicek Memorial (Grandad of new Hammer Lubos...) is in Prague on Monday October 8th...

Trains from Pardubice to Prague are very easy.....

I have been going to the Golden Helmet every year since 1997, and there are others on the forum with great experience of travelling to Czecho...

Email me if you want further info, etc : jeff (at) jeffpovey (dot) com

Jeff

Edited by jeffster

Cracking weekend, you will not regert it.

I am going on Wednesday 3rd (sadly too late for the Czech League meeting on the Wed night) with 19 others from Oxford and staying for the week. Normally stay in Prague but this time going straight to Pardubice on Wednesday and coming back to Prague for the Tomicek Memorial on the Monday.

Train runs about every hour and cost about £1.50 each way. Don't expect to be able to sit though. Stadium is a 10 minute taxi ride away but you will need to ask for Plocha Drahy because the taxi drivers don't always know what you are on about.

Would recommend going to Pardubice town in the morning of the Sunday to see the Helmet on display in the Jewellers window and see the parade which takes it to the stadium. Its very spectacular

As for package deals, forget it. Do your own thing, I have booked 20 seats from Luton to Prague with Thomsonfly for a total of £860 (£43 each). Travel is cheap and hotels are as well (as long as you don't want luxury). I can offer some help of places to say but Jeff certainly has more knowledge than me on that ( we cheat and the Dryml's book ours for us). In fact we stayed in the castle together Jeff, remember !

Anything I can do to help PM me

Edited by Chris Brown

Cracking weekend, you will not regert it.

I am going on Wednesday 3rd (sadly too late for the Czech League meeting on the Wed night) with 19 others from Oxford and staying for the week. Normally stay in Prague but this time going straight to Pardubice on Wednesday and coming back to Prague for the Tomicek Memorial on the Monday.

Train runs about every hour and cost about £1.50 each way. Don't expect to be able to sit though. Stadium is a 10 minute taxi ride away but you will need to ask for Plocha Drahy because the taxi drivers don't always know what you are on about.

Would recommend going to Pardubice town in the morning of the Sunday to see the Helmet on display in the Jewellers window and see the parade which takes it to the stadium. Its very spectacular

As for package deals, forget it. Do your own thing, I have booked 20 seats from Luton to Prague with Thomsonfly for a total of £860 (£43 each). Travel is cheap and hotels are as well (as long as you don't want luxury). I can offer some help of places to say but Jeff certainly has more knowledge than me on that ( we cheat and the Dryml's book ours for us). In fact we stayed in the castle together Jeff, remember ! 

Anything I can do to help PM me

Chris, found a way to sit on the train last year - Go into the restaurant car, and buy "Hemenex" (Ham and Eggs) for just over £1 a plate...Delicious it was too ;)

Oh yeah, the Castle, "The Zamecek" ? How could I forget ? Had insect bites to prove that we stayed there....LOL

This year we are staying at the "Zelena Zaba" (Green Frog) - www.zelenazaba.cz in Pardubice

Chris, found a way to sit on the train last year - Go into the restaurant car, and buy "Hemenex" (Ham and Eggs) for just over £1 a plate...Delicious it was too  ;)

Oh yeah, the Castle, "The Zamecek" ? How could I forget ? Had insect bites to prove that we stayed there....LOL

This year we are staying at the "Zelena Zaba" (Green Frog) - www.zelenazaba.cz in Pardubice

Ours is booked but if I am honest I have no idea what it is called, 4* place in the town is all I know

Oh yes, Ham and Eggs, washed down with a pint of dark Czech beer..delicious.

Should you be mentioning how bloody cold it gets over there Jeff??????

Actually the young Lad and Myself had a fantastic few days in Czecho with Jeff and the Gang last year, wish we were doing it again.

When you get to the track be very cautious when dealing with the vietnamese market traders, I saw my life flash before my eyes after I innocently asked how much a sweat shirt was...the poor Guy thought it was a certain sale and it was like escaping from alacatraz trying to get away from him.

Try to get a spot near the toilets at Pardubice, if you like a drink.

hello, anybody knows where can i but tickets online for The Golden Helmet????

Thanks

hello, anybody knows where can i but tickets online for The Golden Helmet????

Thanks

Not sure of online ticket sales but I wouldn't worry, Tickets were on sale in Pardubice and at the track, you won't have any problems at all. There was a stall set up in the centre of town outside the jeweller displaying the trophy last year, they sold advance tickets, with packages for both days.

any hotel in prague to recommend??? thanks

We stay at a Pension in Prague

http://www.prague-accommodation.cz/

Run by a guy who speaks perfect English and will take Czech Koruna or Pounds Sterling if you wish. I have stayed there 4/5 times and its absolutely fine, two stops on the tram from the centre of Prague and cheap as chips but very clean and tidy. 1500Kc for a double room per night is around £35

You will get tickets at the track no problem, the stadium is huge and will be no more than half full

Edited by Chris Brown

You'll have a great weekend!

The programme is v confusing but you get there in the end! :blink: (Keep an eye on the score board but be quick as the info isn't there long!)

At Pardubice the track is huge and the best bit is you don't have to get out of your seat when you want a beer as there are sellers that walk around in the crowd with the pints ready, all you do is get your money out!

You will find that after the Golden Sash on the Saturday they have some of the first qualifiers on the saturday for the Golden Helmet (Sunday's meeting) - so if you get there on Sunday you won't see the whole event you will come into it 6-8 races into the meeting.

The bit about the market traders is very well worth remembering if you show any interest they will hunt you down and try and take you back to their stool for you to purchase the item they will find you believe me!

The best bit of advice I will give is wrap up well and take blankets because no matter how drunk you are when you got to the Marketa for the Tomicek meeting you will freeze your kna**ers off!! :blink:

Anyone know the line up yet?

HARRIS Chris-ANGLIE

HOWE David-ANGLIE

RICHARDSON Lee-ANGLIE

X ADAMS Leigh-AUSTRÁLIE

X CRUMP Jason-AUSTRÁLIE

JOHNSTON Steve-AUSTRÁLIE

SHIELDS Adam-AUSTRÁLIE

ANDERSEN Hans N.-DÁNSKO

BJERRE Kenneth-DÁNSKO

X JENSEN Jesper B.-DÁNSKO

KLINDT Nikolai-DÁNSKO

X PEDERSEN Nicki-DÁNSKO

de JONG Jannick-HOLANDSKO

X PAVLIČ Jurica-CHORVATSKO

FRANCHETTI Guglielmo-TÁLIE

MILANESSE Alessandro-ITÁLIE

PUODŽUKS Kjastas-LOTYŠSKO

HEFENBROCK Christian-NĚMECKO

SMOLINSKI Martin-NĚMECKO

ULAMEK Sebastian-POLSKO

HAUZINGER Manuel-RAKOUSKO

GAFUROV Renat-RUSKO

GIZATULLIN Denis-RUSKO

X FERJAN Matej-SLOVINSKO

KOLENKO Jernej-SLOVINSKO

ŠANTEJ Izak-SLOVINSKO

X ZAGAR Matej-SLOVINSKO

X JONSSON Andreas-ŠVÉDSKO

X KARLSSON Peter-ŠVÉDSKO

X LINDGREN Fredrik-ŠVÉDSKO

KARPOV Andrij-UKRAJINA

HANCOCK Greg-USA

X DRYML Aleš-ČESKO

DRYML Lukáš-ČESKO

FRANC Josef-ČESKO

SIMOTA Zdeněk-ČESKO

SUCHÁNEK Tomáš-ČESKO

ŠITERA Filip-ČESKO

ŠTICHAUER Hynek-ČESKO

X TOMÍČEK Luboš-ČESKO

R JIROUT Marian-ČESKO

R KŮS Matěj-ČESKO

Startovní listina bude upravena i v závislosti na výsledcích polské ligy, která vrcholí dne 7. 10. finálovými závody.Jezdci,kterých by se mohla účast v těchto závodech týkat, jsou označeni (X).

PŘEDBĚŽNÁ STARTOVNÍ LISTINA ZÁVODU

33. ZLATÁ STUHA JUNIORŮ

WOFFINDEN Tai-ANGLIE

HANSEN Kenneth-DÁNSKO

KLIND Nicolai-DÁNSKO

PAVLIČ Jurica-CHORVATSKO

FRANCHETTI Guglielmo-ITÁLIE

BUSCH Tobias-NĚMECKO

DEMMEL Christoph-NĚMECKO

FACHER Frank-NĚMECKO

FLEGER Rafal-POLSKO

NOWOTNY Manuel-RAKOUSKO

LAGUTA Artem-RUSKO

SAIFUTDINOV Emil-RUSKO

VACULÍK Martin-SLOVENSKO

DUH Matej-SLOVINSKO

FUKSA Pavel-ČESKO

GAVENDA Martin-ČESKO

KŮS Matěj-ČESKO

ŠITERA Filip-ČESKO

ŠTICHAUER Hynek-ČESKO

TOMÍČEK Luboš-ČESKO

HÁDEK Michael-ČESKO

from www.speedwayfakta.cz

I think it says that riders that have "X" beside their name have not confirmed as they have polish league duties the same day.