British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M08

Best One Yet?

I thought the presentation overall was great. Frankly, I can't understand observations like the ones above about David Howe or the young boys not getting a better slot before the real racing. I go to see Nicki, Crumpy, Adams, Andersen, Hancock and now, yes, Harris...the superstars of our sport going at it hammer and tongs to win the biggest GP in a superb stadium with an unrivalled atmosphere.

Before the last race, we were pretty much agreed it had been the best yet..but then the final nailed it. Loved the Crump/Nicholls scrap, an earlier chase by Harris on Hancock was a thriller, the Harris/Jonsson clash was dramatic as can be, the semis were full of incident and one not many have mentioned was also fabulous - Leigh Adams' perfectly executed move around Nicki Pedersen. How classy was that?! B)

I was surprised by this thread, thought someone must have been taking the mick. Certainly the first half of the meeting wasn't up to much and if it hadn't been for Bomber, the meeting would have been rubbish. Second half was much better and I think the result must be making everyone think it was the best. It was definately a result to remember and probably the race of the season.

Well done, Bomber :)

:unsure::unsure:

Not alot of dirt, entertainment not very good, riders just came out on their bikes for parade just like a normal meeting and David Howe didn't get alot of attention in the build up.

Forget about the ending, and every other GP in Cardiff just about would have been better.

:unsure::o

This is the first GP I have missed. :sad:

But, just to let you all know - it was brilliant to watch even from the couch :)

Glad you all had such a good time.

See you all next year .... in the sunshine B)

I've been to all the Cardiff GPs and thought that this was the best and a fantastic performance from Bomber.

Track was the best at Cardiff but probably not as good as Parken three weeks ago.

Hopefully this will help bring in the crowds at some of the teams who are struggling.

I know I may be biased as Cardiff is close to me but if the meeting hadn't been in an indoor stadium it would never have been on. Also the closeness and steepness of the stands means the atmosphere is not lost.

I'm sure that those trying to push Wembley would have had no meeting if it was held there.

I know I may be biased as Cardiff is close to me but if the meeting hadn't been in an indoor stadium it would never have been on. Also the closeness and steepness of the stands means the atmosphere is not lost.

I'm sure that those trying to push Wembley would have had no meeting if it was held there.

Oh no - not Wembley - noooooo

I think, fortunately, they have a long term agreement for Cardiff :unsure: (?)

Hi

I have just watched the final again on YouTube - fantastic, but as I missed the GP (only saw the final on sky on sunday morning with a massive hangover from a wedding the day before) I want to see the two semi finals, anyone got them and going to post them on one of the sites where you can watch videos?

Thanks

Just re-reading this thread. It appears that we were lucky. I saw absolutely no trouble at all and didn't even have my bag searched. I think it was because we were looking into the pits when the stewards stopped people coming in - I believe that the bag searches happened at that point and not going through the gate itself.

A work colleague told me today her daughter was a first time steward on Saturday and she had to deal with a couple of drunken "yobs" (her term, not mine) who insisted on swearing at them. Hardly enough to get you thrown out of school these days. She said extra staff were drafted in at short notice because of the failed car bombs in London on Friday. I would still imagine that the level of rowdiness,hooliganism and fighting was far, far lower than at a footie match. And I only saw 2 policemen patrolling as well - the same as last year.

Next year I shall be marketing pairs of my special rose-tinted spectacles, made especially to go with Shazzybird's t-shirts. ;)

I know this is a bit early, but when are the dates usually announced for next years Cardiff gp? :)

I know this is a bit early, but when are the dates usually announced for next years Cardiff gp? :)

One of the stewards suggested that we Google the Millenium Stadium and then look at the forthcoming attractions - sometimes they're booked a year in advance and the site lists them. Haven't tried it yet.

As it's always been in June, I can't see why it wouldn't be again. I know I have already tried booking hotels in June 2008 and they're fully booked already for the entire month - perhaps this is a hint?

Thanks for your reply bobbin :) , tried the millenium stadium site and can't find any mention of it, I missed out this year cos of personal reasons and I'm determined not to miss it next year, but want to book a hotel at least somewhere near Cardiff, I'll keep looking, thanks :)

Joanne must be very hard to please....good job im not married to her!!  :blink:  :D

I'm heartbroken :blink:

Looks like I am hard to please then, Just put it down to not really looking forward to going away at the weekend and maybe not being drunk enough. I did get into the spirit of things towards the end and was shouting my head off and enjoying the last few heats :)