British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sabres

Cardiff Security!

Nope, went straight in with bottles, sweets etc all in my bag, and didn't get checked at all. :D

Guest sjl
Went in at Gate 2 - no checks at all on our bags.  Mother in law had her water in full view.  I think some of them were cold and wet and couldn't be bothered to do thier jobs properly!

I also went in at gate 2 was asked to open my bag and was told to go in without my bag even being looked at -- didn't have anything in it anyway :angry::D

I debated over taking my umbrella but in the end left it in the hotel as I've already had to chuck one at a concert recently... but as it happens our bags weren't checked at all - as Sandie said, it's S@d's Law!

I agree that it's great that there are security checks, and I guess the thing about kids falling over bottles in the event of an evacuation makes sense... but surely the same could be said for anything from the air horns to handbags.

I did find it funny that on the back of the ticket it said "nothing that could be used as a weapon or missile", yet there were no end of flags on sticks (which I think looked great, but surely they're a "weapon"?).

Went through Gate 3 - bags checked OK very thorough. But as I said on Another thread were you surprised with what nearly happened in London and DID happen in Glasgow.

Went through Gate 3 - bags checked OK very thorough. But as I said on Another thread were you surprised with what nearly happened in London and DID happen in Glasgow.

Security I applaud, taking kids drinks is something else. And as for being aware of kids treading on, or tripping over plastic bottles - total baloney. The Gas canisters and plastic Beer Glasses were just as much of a hazard, especially when one considers the amount that was spilled on some of the stairways.

I reiterate, it was done to offer some protection to the concessionaires.

And if a mob was walking through any High Street equipped with the banners and poles on a Friday night they would get lifted as being in possession of offensive weapons.

I rest my case

Roll on next years GP, I will go equipped with the largest Apple and Orange cartons that I can find.

Many thanks for your responses

Sabres

When I went to football last year (Wolves!!?) we just had to remove the lids from any drinks bottles!

A very fair compromise I thought.

Woman at security looked in mine, but to be honest, there's so much rubbish, even I don't know what's in there. :unsure: One look and I think she thought 'no way' :approve:

I've always been searched at gate 1. So i just shove all the booze down my sleeves, secure them with rubber bands and throw jacket over shoulder. Dont know why but when i've stood back and watched from various points of the stadium gate1 always appears to be the worst for security.

Also went in through gate 7 (bend 3) and it was pretty obvious that the security guards were easily fooled, there wasn't enough of them to check everybodys bag, and if you used your noddle, you could get your drinks in, the group I was in lost 3 small bottles of coke but got through with god knows how much.

Can understand why security was tighter this year after the bottle throwing incidents at the World Cup at Reading last year and with the BSI or whatever they want to call themselves promoting both I personally thought it would of been stricter.

When I went to football last year (Wolves!!?) we just had to remove the lids from any drinks bottles!

A very fair compromise I thought.

happend at qpr last season when i brought a bottle of coke never really got why though, i no now though as the air is in the bottle its hard to flatten it.