British Speedway Forum
frahm-2

Pub That Shows Sgp In London

I was wondering if anybody knows of a pub in London which regularly shows the Speedway Grand Prix. I tried calling around to a few pubs but even at 3 Kings which is probably the best sports pub in London it seemed like they never even heard of speedway. I am currently watching the live stream from DK4, but it is not very reliable, so I would like to be able to go to a pub and watch the SGP without interuptions.

I was wondering if anybody knows of a pub in London which regularly shows the Speedway Grand Prix. I tried calling around to a few pubs but even at 3 Kings which is probably the best sports pub in London it seemed like they never even heard of speedway. I am currently watching the live stream from DK4, but it is not very reliable, so I would like to be able to go to a pub and watch the SGP without interuptions.

My suggestion would be to find a fairly quiet pub & then ask if they'll put it on for you..

yes, I've thought about that, but it would also be cool if there were other speedway fans there. In that case there would be a bit of atmosphere, but that might be too much to ask for in London.

Edited by frahm-2

yes, I've thought about that, but it would also be cool if there were other speedway fans there. In that case there would be a bit of atmosphere, but that might be too much to ask for in London.

I have found this problem too and although I have no suggestion I would certainly be up for meeting up with some fans to watch the GP. I have an idea about a bar tucked away just behind Regent Street, Pollen St (off Maddox St) called The Black Lion and French Horn. It is open on a Saturday but does very little trade. I sometimes head there for football on a Saturday evening. If we could get enough people together it might be worth trying to organise something.

I run speedwaypodcast.co.uk and will put an announcement on the next show to see if anyone responds.

Edited by jansson76

That sounds like a realy good idea. There must be enough speedway fans in London to fill a pub (half the population of the city is Polish for God's sake). If you get something organised (or if you need help organising) then post it on this thread.

Difficult task I feel. A few weeks ago I was in Central London in a 4* hotel for the weeekend and it had sky on when the Danish GP was on, but the hotel manager wanted to watch the F1 Qualifying times and refused to let me watch the GP.

There was noone eklse in the lounge at all!! B******

I complained but it did no good.

Difficult task I feel. A few weeks ago I was in Central London in a 4* hotel for the weeekend and it had sky on when the Danish GP was on, but the hotel manager wanted to watch the F1 Qualifying times and refused to let me watch the GP.

There was noone eklse in the lounge at all!! B******

I complained but it did no good.

Name and shame that hotel, that is an absolute liberty

Do you know, we have the self same problem in Poole.

Antonio's sponsors and manager in this country at the

Inn on the chase used to screen it all. But sky in their

wisdom decided to price the small pub out of the market,

by asking £600, yes, £600 per month for sky!. We used to

get quite a gathering up ther for the GP's and World Cups,

and the food was fantastic. But Skys money grabbing policy put

an end to all that :angry: , which is a great shame. We now have knowhere

in the Poole area that screen the GP's or the World Cup!!. :angry:

Do you know, we have the self same problem in Poole.

Antonio's sponsors and manager in this country at the

Inn on the chase used to screen it all. But sky in their

an end to all that :angry: , which is a great shame. We now have knowhere

in the Poole area that screen the GP's or the World Cup!!. :angry:

When I was in Poole on the night of the Cardiff Grand Prix I was in the Britannia pub in Lower Parkstone with some friends after 9. I asked the barmaid if it was possible to change the sports channel to show the GP and we saw 4 heats, the 2 semis and the final.

When I was in Poole on the night of the Cardiff Grand Prix I was in the Britannia pub in Lower Parkstone with some friends after 9. I asked the barmaid if it was possible to change the sports channel to show the GP and we saw 4 heats, the 2 semis and the final.

the harcourt in harcourt street w1,is a swedish pub,and i believe they may show speedway(or may be willing to) and a pub near wimbledon stadium used to show all speedway on tv

But sky in their

an end to all that :angry:

And they've just announced an 11% increase for pubs/clubs etc. :mad:

good idea about fans in london getting together for gp matches ,dont know of a pub myself, but eager to find one :drink:

not sure what to do for the n.z gp as rye house have a meeting on the same knight any suggestion s

• Like 1

Incredible the attitude of landlords and pub managers to speedway in this country...i can remember the last time i stayed in a Holiday Inn and asked the reception for the remote so my son and i could switch lounge tv channel to watch Ipswich Swindon EL a few years back before other guests came down expecting more bloody football....they would have had to fight me for the remote...they didnt...we watched it...swindon won in a last heat decider...i got mildly drunk...