British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Gp Qual. Semifinals Live Updates

Guest PanthersChamp06

Well..... i moan when hes pussys out of the action... but Lukas has taken this to a new extreme :o

lukas isnt the first and certainly wont be the last though to 'take a rider' out!

bet half you lot wouldnt be slating him though if it happened to a 'unknown' rider :rolleyes:

Well..... i moan when hes pussys out of the action... but Lukas has taken this to a new extreme  :o

lukas isnt the first and certainly wont be the last though to 'take a rider' out!

bet half you lot wouldnt be slating him though if it happened to a 'unknown' rider :rolleyes:

He did it more than once, and caused an injury to at least one of the riders... doesn't matter who he'd done it to, he shouldn't have done it in the first place, or at least should've learnt after the first time. We've had enough injuries this season, thank you very much!

Guest PanthersChamp06
He did it more than once, and caused an injury to at least one of the riders... doesn't matter who he'd done it to, he shouldn't have done it in the first place, or at least should've learnt after the first time. We've had enough injuries this season, thank you very much!

and its never happened to him before has it? I really doubt he meant to physically hurt david, its hard racing!

injuries saddly come with this sport, its not a good thing but what can you do? accidents happen to the best of the riders.

We don't know the full story other than comments on the updates so don't be too quick to jump to conclusions. And Lukas, more than any other rider will be aware of the consequences of what can happen on track after his own (Slovenia anyone?) and his brothers brushes with the downside of the sport.

I'm sure 'taking another rider out' if as accused was not done with the intent of injury.

Edited by rabbit

and its never happened to him before has it? I really doubt he meant to physically hurt david, its hard racing!

injuries saddly come with this sport, its not a good thing but what can you do? accidents happen to the best of the riders.

That is very true! This was a GP Qualifier and though I would very much doubt that there was any intention to deliberately take the other riders off or injure them, Lukas was trying to gain as many points as possible to qualify!

Heck, after the injuries he has sustained over the years and his brother, I think the last thing Lukas would do is ride dangerously!

Still, huge well done to Bjarne for the win!

Guest PanthersChamp06
We don't know the full story other than comments on the updates so don't be too quick to jump to conclusions. And Lukas, more than any other rider will be aware of the consequences of what can happen on track after his own (Slovenia anyone?) and his brothers brushes with the downside of the sport.

I'm sure 'taking another rider out' if as accused was not done with the intent of injury.

Some sense, good post :)

And that makes it alright??

Of course he didn't mean to hurt David, or Carpanese (if he's hurt... I think he was taken to hospital?), but you'd have thought after knocking the first rider off he would have thought twice about making a certain move and knocking a further two riders off.

Yes, injuries do unfortunately come as part and parcel of this sport (it's the bit I hate most about it), so the riders should be doing everything possible to prevent them.

And as for hard racing... when's the last time Lukas raced hard?! And, I'm not being funny, but have you seen the races in which he knocked riders off?

Guest PanthersChamp06
That is very true!  This was a GP Qualifier and though I would very much doubt that there was any intention to deliberately take the other riders off or injure them, Lukas was trying to gain as many points as possible to qualify!

Heck, after the injuries he has sustained over the years and his brother, I think the last thing Lukas would do is ride dangerously!

Still, huge well done to Bjarne for the win!

Gor blimey... the making sense posts come flying in now :wink:

Like I just said also, you're right: none of us know the full story... but seriously, he must have been doing something to be excluded after two riders fell, and for Carpanese to allegedly "attack" him.

and for Carpanese to allegedly "attack" him.

I wonder if that was lost in translation as trying to attack him on track...as in making a move? The actual quote being "Nasty fall from Carpanese on the first bend, when he tried to attack Dryml" . I did comment on it to my t'other half when the site updated for that heat. Perhaps Tomaz might be able to expand on it?

Edited by rabbit

Of course he didn't mean to hurt David, or Carpanese (if he's hurt... I think he was taken to hospital?), but you'd have thought after knocking the first rider off he would have thought twice about making a certain move and knocking a further two riders off.

Yes, injuries do unfortunately come as part and parcel of this sport (it's the bit I hate most about it), so the riders should be doing everything possible to prevent them.

And as for hard racing... when's the last time Lukas raced hard?! And, I'm not being funny, but have you seen the races in which he knocked riders off?

Hang on one minute! The Carpanese incident was him taking off Lukas!

Gor blimey... the making sense posts come flying in now :wink:

What can I tell you? It's a Poole thing! :wink:

Like I just said also, you're right: none of us know the full story... but seriously, he must have been doing something to be excluded after two riders fell, and for Carpanese to allegedly "attack" him.

Think you will find that was a translation thing, no doubt meaning that Carpanese was coming hard under Dryml!

I wonder if that was lost in translation as trying to attack him on track...as in making a move? I did comment on it when the site updated for that heat. Perhaps Tomaz might be able to expand on it?

Quite possibly, but it's not unknown for a rider to react to a bad move. I'm sure all will become clear sooner or later.

Guest PanthersChamp06

end off the day... im not saying what hes done his right, but if we take the 'oh please... overtake me' approach, how much money will you make in the sport... none! getting to the final and possibaly getting to the GP's opens up doors for sponsorship and more money which all the riders are in for! Im sure if you out David in the last heat, needing a win and he sees a gap which could be a bit risky and could take another rider out, he would go for it!

Once again... we want racing, not follow the leader?

Lukas has been getting better, im no way near his biggest fan but ive seen some promise off the old Lukas this season, hes been hard but fair and shut riders off.

I wonder if that was lost in translation as trying to attack him on track...as in making a move? I did comment on it when the site updated for that heat. Perhaps Tomaz might be able to expand on it?

Stop it!

I know we are both Sue's but we are even sounding alike now! :blink:

Hang on one minute!  The Carpanese incident was him taking off Lukas!

In that case I apologise; that's not how it reads...

Think you will find that was a translation thing, no doubt meaning that Carpanese was coming hard under Dryml!

Quite possibly, but in any case, Drmyl was still excluded for two riders falling... that says it all really, unless the ref was wrong on two occassions!?