British Speedway Forum

Most people will be close to Wenceslas Square TBH, it's the tourist part.  If you're too far out it's not so good (or at least doesn't look it) and you'd not want to go much further than you can walk.

First time we went we stayed in a gorgeous hotel the otherside of the river - wasnt a long walk at all (unless u got a tad lost after a few too many drinks :rolleyes: opps!)

What Sandie is alluding to, is the night her daughters, Jenn and butter wouldn't melt buzzy bee dragged Bert, Woody, myself and a few others into a strip club :o

And Me, Lora and Jenn dont class as butter wouldnt melt?! We did stop u going in the first club - seemed even seedier than the one we ended up in! And we didnt drag u, u took us - not that there was much kicking and screaming from any of us :blink:

And Me, Lora and Jenn dont class as butter wouldnt melt?!
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all :P

We did stop u going in the first club - seemed even seedier than the one we ended up in! And we didnt drag u, u took us - not that there was much kicking and screaming from any of us  :blink:
We were dragged in, honestly people. It's just Nikki trying to besmirch our good names! :angry::lol:

Well, with all the girls dancing outside it just looked like a rave :unsure:

To find some good bars don't be afraid to wonder the back streets beyond old town and get lost! You'll find all the locals hideouts, and find some weirdos wondering the streets :approve:

I asked for my tickets to be dispatched and they sent me a piece of a4 paper by recorded delivery - bit weird if you ask me!!!

What sort of clubs am I into - he he good question - I will give most places a try so the more interesting the better :P Just anywhere that has good music, not super expensive, good crowd etc - any recommendations welcome - even the dody ones :lol:

I asked for my tickets to be dispatched and they sent me a piece of a4 paper by recorded delivery - bit weird if you ask me!!!

I printed out e-tickets and it was just an A4 piece of paper. It had a bar code which I think they will scan upon entry?

It had a bar code which I think they will scan upon entry?
Thats what they did last year.

3 of us will be missing the Poole meeting too, so we too are going to look for somewhere showing it.

Any suggestions any where?  Preferably somewhere that serves food too.

As Jenn said, there's Rocky O Reilly's and Three Lions just off wenceslas Square, and there is also a bar called Jagr's, on Wenceslas Square, which was probably the best of the 3 for food and value for money

Hi everyone!

I'm missing the Prague GP this year :( but a quick word of advice for you all. We turned up at the stadium with our e-tickets last year (and our Ivor Brown t-shirts 21st :wink: ) and asked a steward if we were at the right entrance to which we were told yes. We then got into an almighty crush only to get to the front and be told that we needed the entrance at the other end of the stadium. The walk was nothing but the crush was not nice so make sure you know which entrance your ticket is valid for!

Also, if it's chucking down in Prague, a great little museum which is well worth a visit is the Communism Museum off Wenceslas Square. It's next door to McDonalds... Now if that isn't irony... :lol:

3 of us will be missing the Poole meeting too, so we too are going to look for somewhere showing it.

Any suggestions any where?  Preferably somewhere that serves food too.

The bar Sandie suggest is very good, i also watched the british final down there a couple of years ago. loads of teles and a big screen. being a monday night with little sport on should be no problem getting them to put it on...

Hi everyone!

I'm missing the Prague GP this year  :(  but a quick word of advice for you all. We turned up at the stadium with our e-tickets last year (and our Ivor Brown t-shirts 21st  :wink: ) and asked a steward if we were at the right entrance to which we were told yes. We then got into an almighty crush only to get to the front and be told that we needed the entrance at the other end of the stadium. The walk was nothing but the crush was not nice so make sure you know which entrance your ticket is valid for!

Also, if it's chucking down in Prague, a great little museum which is well worth a visit is the Communism Museum off Wenceslas Square. It's next door to McDonalds... Now if that isn't irony...  :lol:

The first entrance as you approach the stadium, with the stadium on ya right. I hav allways used these tickets and there is never a problem...

Indeed Gav, we were told there would be no problem but were turned away and had to walk past the flats to the other end of the stadium and use that entrance. Just best to check I suppose.

Indeed Gav, we were told there would be no problem but were turned away and had to walk past the flats to the other end of the stadium and use that entrance. Just best to check I suppose.

Strange that i have used that entrance every year unless the machine had gone wrong......... possible in that country.

Very possible Gav! Mind you, at least the "Pivo" machines inside the stadium worked! There were people going in through that entrance with the e-tickets but for some reason ours related the the entrance farther round? I've no idea why because we were on those wooden seats at turn 1 which is right next to the entrance you're referring to but there you go!