British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Jasper

Track Curator For Tomorrow?

i think colins been doing it all season we still have a good track.

obviosly when he gets next to olsen who knows!

the only defence on this is that you have to make a track to last 25 races rather than 15, which might mean different preperation?

I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it, but I sincerely hope it's the same as usual.

Fingers crossed indeed.

Exactly that Trees, Being a Coventry fan I have seen the track become one of the best in the league over the past few seasons. I do not want it to become a slick borefest that Meredith used to prepare for us which led to Coventry being known as a gaters paradise.

Worth repeating this quote because it sums up what most of the Coventry fans think and we should know because we've had Colin prepare the track in the past.

Might be worth getting the opinion of the Swindon fans as well as he was track curator there too. :mad:

Perhaps we are all worrying over nothing, but here's hoping for the normal preparation tonight and some good racing to make up for the boring stuff we had to endure on Saturday.

Edited by Gemini

:D

Is that where he currently works? If so it speaks for itself as I've never heard so many moans about the Belle Vue track as this year.

Who's idea was it to bring him back to Coventry? :neutral:

Exactly that Trees, Being a Coventry fan I have seen the track become one of the best in the league over the past few seasons. I do not want it to become a slick borefest that Meredith used to prepare for us which led to Coventry being known as a gaters paradise.

Worth repeating this quote because it sums up what most of the Coventry fans think and we should know because we've had Colin prepare the track in the past.

Might be worth getting the opinion of the Swindon fans as well as he was track curator there too. :mad:

Perhaps we are all worrying over nothing, but here's hoping for the normal preparation tonight and some good racing to make up for the boring stuff we had to endure on Saturday.

Grrrrr. :mad: I think curator is a strong word.

imho it is crucial whether it is a slick track or not tonight........

I will be fully 100% behind the boys tonight but on paper the Swedes are far better gaters.........and it is bound to level things out for the other two teams as well............. if another Vojens is served up the Brits may have to get some practice in at Leszno before the final

The times were reasonable (nothing special) early on when it was one line. So all that was really achieved was making a poor race track. As the meeting wore on the times were around 1-2 seconds off a good pace. The racing improved, but it wasn't as good as it can be. Chris and Scott in particular were having to go sooooooooo wide to find a bit of extra drive that it was scary to watch at times.