British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Scott Nicholls

Seems to me like there are nasty undertones to the last bit there. What exactly are you implying about me?

I'm not implying anything about you. You've misunderstood me. I was referring to Subedei, known in his previous life as Bila Hora. He seemed a nice chap who didn't keep ranting on about Scott Nicholls being in the G.P's back then and used to post about other more interesting things. Hence my nomination for Best Newcomer of the Year.

Shall we call a truce? :wub:

I don't like disagreements and it's sometimes hard to put into written words what I mean. It's much easier to talk to someone face to face when things can be better explained. I apolgise that I've involved you in my posts about Sub.

Edit......Strange :blink: I've just found out that I can read Sub's posts when I'm typing one out myself, even though he's on my ignore list. He actually seems to be doing some good, more constructive ones today now he's not repeating himself about Nicholls over and over again. :D

Edited by Gemini

Gemini,Schumi,Subedei..

Think we should all call a truce.....We all have our opinions and i dont think any of us will budge on them.....Who knows both the former British Champion and the former Polish Champion will qualify :-) :-)

jaybea

We can always hope  :)

Plum. :mad:

Whenever Greg does decide to hang up his kevlars, he'll be able to look back on his career and see World Champion etched next to his name in the record books, which is more than Nicholls will ever be able to do.

Plum.  :mad:

Whenever Greg does decide to hang up his kevlars, he'll be able to look back on his career and see World Champion etched next to his name in the record books, which is more than Nicholls will ever be able to do.

Ah, so you proclaim to have mastered the art of divination? Fantastic. Could you tell me what's going to happen to me next Thursday? It's been bugging me all day. :P

Scott could one day be world champion, though I'll concede that it's unlikely. If he was going to achieve such a thing, he would have given a clear indication by now. I'm not knocking him here, just suggesting that he is not good enough (or rather, consistent and level-headed enough) to be world champion. But anything can happen, and that's the beauty of the sport.

As for his inclusion in the series, I have given my opinion before, and it's not changed since. In an ideal world, it would be a pure system, where everyone (save perhaps the top X riders from the previous year) would have to qualify. This, admittedly, would mean that Scott would most likely not still be in the GP series. This is a pity, not necessarily because he is good enough to compete, but rather because I confess a bias. He has the misfortune of being my favourite British rider, and so I enjoy watching him ride.

Subedei et al., you are right. He is not good enough to be in the GP series if history is to be believed. But with politics in play, he will continue to be until some more suitable British candidates appear. And I am going to support him while he is - and also at the inevitable point when he loses his place.

We can always hope  :)

We can always hope nicholls cuts back on the pies, gets rid of his moods and starts riding like he did when at poole. But i dont think it will happen. Maybe alan should cut back on the ham he gives him. :P:lol:

We can always hope nicholls cuts back on the pies, gets rid of his moods and starts riding like he did when at poole. But i dont think it will happen. Maybe alan should cut back on the ham he gives him.  :P  :lol:

fool

The only reason why the beggar is where is, is down to AJ and Hampel missing the last round through injury. If they were in Malilla, particularly AJ, I doubt he would've made the semi final

When it comes to sponorship there are 2 reasons you do it. 1) Exposure of your company/Product which he'll receive through Scott being in the GP's 2) Because you want to back someone you have an interest or you support. Alan Ham isnt stupid, I dont think he was backing Nicholls and expecting him to become world champion. He's probably doing it to give a brit rider the most help he can.

Also, if you see Nicholls in normal clothes (ie not his race gear) you will see he's not remotely over weight.

After 3 Semi finals including a final apperance you still you put him down.. Taking blind hatred to a new limit!

When it comes to sponorship there are 2 reasons you do it. 1) Exposure of your company/Product which he'll receive through Scott being in the GP's 2) Because you want to back someone you have an interest or you support. Alan Ham isnt stupid, I dont think he was backing Nicholls and expecting him to become world champion. He's probably doing it to give a brit rider the most help he can.

Also, if you see Nicholls in normal clothes (ie not his race gear) you will see he's not remotely over weight.

After 3 Semi finals including a final apperance you still you put him down.. Taking blind hatred to a new limit!

NICE ONE MATE! :lol::approve::angry:

After 3 Semi finals including a final apperance you still you put him down..

Okay, let's change the statistic regarding this speedway colossus a little. Try having made just FIVE finals in FIFTY-TWO appearances in GPs.

The former British champion's GP record (year..GPs..finals):

Not very good, is it?