British Speedway Forum
Phil

The Garry Stead Benefit “grand Prix”

Emiliano crashed heavily at Newport on sunday..ambulance was called for attendance but he did eventually walk back to the pits under his own steam. Guess we wont know how fit he is till either he turns up at Kings Lynn or even till he wakes up Thursday morning having suffered no side effects etc etc.

According to Birmingham's official website, Sanchez had to have his spleen removed :blink: just going on what I read on the thread for the PT final, so I would imagine this puts him out of action on thursday? :unsure:

Is there anyone going to this who would be able to text updates to the updates site (our texter decided to go on holiday this week!), if you can help, can you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Well looks like the big name promised has arrived with paul cooper taking the last spot,what happened to the massive name to add numbers to the turnstile's,fair enough options may have been limited but paul cooper for christ's sake.

I think there will be a big crowd anyway. I don't think everyone is going just to watch the riders but mostly to support Steady. Still a very good field and it should be a very good night.

Well looks like the big name promised has arrived with paul cooper taking the last spot,what happened to the massive name to add numbers to the turnstile's,fair enough options may have been limited but paul cooper for christ's sake.

im looking forward to this, and hope goes well for garry, but thats hardly a great last rider. :blink:

Cooper's pretty decent round Sheff so he probably won't look too far out of place. besides, i couldn't care less if a donkey fills the last berth, it's really not that important to me :)

Tell ya what, im looking forward to seeing mighty morton back, he would show half of these how to ride! B)

Guest Steve Dixon

Its not about the riders who take part is it?

Its about turning out to support a deserving cause :rolleyes:

When was the big name ever promised, all the lads are giving their services to Garry, as have so many good people behind the scenes. You need to take a long, hard look at yourself.

When was the big name ever promised, all the lads are giving their services to Garry, as have so many good people behind the scenes. You need to take a long, hard look at yourself.

100% agree,

As i said in my previous post. The night is not about the riders on show but about Steady.

I think by "big names" Matty probably meant these riders that were turned away because they couldn't be fitted into the line-up, personally I think there are better riders than Cooper BUT he is not bad round Owlerton and won't be far off the pace and it is not about the riders in the line-up but raising loads of cash for an absolute legend who we owe it to :)

I think by "big names" Matty probably meant these riders that were turned away because they couldn't be fitted into the line-up, personally I think there are better riders than Cooper BUT he is not bad round Owlerton and won't be far off the pace and it is not about the riders in the line-up but raising loads of cash for an absolute legend who we owe it to :)

Exactly :approve: Just what i meant tbh