British Speedway Forum

He's been good but he's been lacking that little bit extra but I'm not worried, it'll suddenly re-appear soon.

SCBs figures aren't telling a full picture.

You're only as good as your last meeting.

:P:D

It's all been said already, a sorry state for the first 5 heats and BFD, I suggest you get a copy then come back on here and make that post, it was not "bad" speedway is was NOT speedway. the riders were NOT sliding so were being made to look like people having their first rides at a training school. I could have given them a run for their money as there was no skill involved, it was luck. Why else do you think all the riders were out on track demanding the track be worked on? It was NOT because a few fans on the BSF were having a moan, nor was it because most fans there were moaning, it was because they were not happy!

Some guy made me laugh in the bar , the PL bosy would ahve rode on that you know and not complained, so why was Topinka seen complaining? Also, if them first 5 heats are what he considers acceptable, I feel sorry for the King's Lynn fans, luckily I know he was an idiot who was trying to get one over on the EL. The woman with him told him to shut it as she did not wnat to watch that "racing" and the track needed sorting.

BTW, can you say cock on the PA?! :o

Edited by SCB

If i get to Kings Lynn tomoro and find out half the field has pulled out wont be too impressed!!

:unsure:

Original line up

1. Peter Karlsson, Wolverhampton

2. Jason Crump, Poole

3. Chris Harris, Wild Card

4. Davey Watt, Eastbourne

5. Joe Screen, Belle Vue

6. Niels K. Iversen, Peterborough

7. Rory Schlein, Coventry

8. Leigh Adams, Swindon

9. Krzysztof Kasprzak, Arena Essex

10. Bjarne Pedersen, Poole

11. Nicki Pedersen, Eastbourne

12. Chris Louis, Ipswich

13. Hans Andersen, Peterborough

14. Scott Nicholls, Coventry

15. Lee Richardson, Swindon

16. Matej Zegar, Reading

How many of those do we expect to withdraw then????

The full line up in draw order is

1. Freddie Lindgren,

2. Troy Batchelor,

3. Chris Harris,

4. Davey Watt,

5. Tomas Topinka,

6. Adam Shields,

7. Rory Schlein,

8. Leigh Adams,

9. Krszsztof Kasprzak,

10. Bjarne Pedersen,

11. Nicki Pedersen,

12. Chris Louis,

13. Hans Andersen,

14. Scott Nicholls,

15. Chris Mills

16. Travis McGowan.

This competition should either be scrapped or changed to the top 16 riders according to their averages inc bonus points.

I wonder if Tony Steele actually had a role as he was one of many officials who looked to be doing nothing during all the track problems. It will have brought a cheery smile to Trevor Swales face!

Some guy made me laugh in the bar , the PL bosy would ahve rode on that you know and not complained, so why was Topinka seen complaining?  Also, if them first 5 heats are what he considers acceptable, I feel sorry for the King's Lynn fans, luckily I know he was an idiot who was trying to get one over on the EL.  The woman with him told him to shut it as she did not wnat to watch that "racing" and the track needed sorting.

Topinka moans about the track most weeks. If it's slightly wet he doesn't like it, simple as. Only last week against IoW he was seen on centre concrete hooking up the piece of equipment he wanted using onto tractor!

To be fair though, everyone knows the track was dire to start with so why keep picking holes in same old subject? Still being the 'seasoned' EL fan you are now, I suppose I expect no different. :P

Congratulations to Nicki on regaining the title that he last won at the Abbey in 2005; easily the best rider on show. :)

Any prospect of some opposition in the final disappeared once the Clean One made such a bizarre choice of gate; most perplexing. Still, at least he plugged away to ensure that he got on the rostrum. :approve:

Excellent work by Rico too; let's hope that he's fully refreshed from his evening off at Smallmead tonight. :P

i thought this plrc! sorry elrc was a complete shoker.first six heats were a write off then predictability took hold from there. :mad: I wonder if the previously listed venue Shefield would have produced six heats or garbage.

This event has been a non runner since Hyde road closed its doors.

What did Nicki P want a blade for???to trim his ego! :P

I try so hard not to be negative on here - but once again speedway shoots itself in the foot. Firstly the line up. Just shy of half the orignal line up being changed is a shocker. I cant blame PK or Crumpy (man that hurts me to not have a go at Crump!) as they are genuine injuries, but the rest I find hard to believe. Im a big Lee Richardson fan, but he has taken the p*ss out of those who pay his wages far too many times now.

Secondly the track.. How can a muck up that bad be allowed to happen? Anyone who was a new viewer to Speedway would have switched off very quickly.

IMO they need to have the ELRC at Perry Bar & the PLRC at Coventry so it's central/neutral for everyone. Also it should be very high on the BSPA's priority list to find a major sponsor & therefore good prizemoney for these meetings. The Riders Champioship used to be second only to the world final itself, now it's Speedways equivilent of the Carling Cup. If we want our league to be taken seriously and held in high regard, we can at the very least make our glamour event a success - not the c0ck up we witnessed last night.

Mr Adams can go if he wants 2

As was said earlier, Buster admitted to making a serious mistake in overwatering the track too close to the start of the meeting.  He took the entire blame, so for those having a dig at JC and the rest of the promotion, totally unfounded.  :rolleyes:

Very pleased Nicki won :approve: , Davey was awesome and Harris looked good for maybe his first go around the Arena (correct me if I'm wrong).  Nicki was great with the fans on centre afterwards, took a good while signing autographs and having photos taken, whilst Mr Adams heard to say 'the crowds are coming in, I'm off'!!! :rolleyes:

Not a lot else to say except if tonight's meeting was that bad then let it go back to an EL track if it makes most people happy. :P 

Did Bomber ride for Trelwaney at the NA in 2002-2004?

15+1 (from 6) in 2003, plus rode in the Tomas Topinka Testimonial (if memory serves) the following year, but was pretty average and struggled to beat Jan Jaros :o

My opinion for what it's worth.

Very disappointed with the withdrawals from this meeting. As I've stated before, reasons could well have been genuine, but would the same riders who withdrew from the meeting done so if it had been a GP? However, the only rider I genuinely missed was Crump as all of the other big hitters (N. Pedersen, Andersen, Adams were there).

I, along with many other fans at the meeting were disgusted with the state of the track for the first five races. Simply not good enough. The price to get in (£20) was already too high, so to be served up the farce of heats 1-5 was a joke.

Regarding the withdrawal of Lee Richardson. Perhaps I'm being harsh, as I don't know the entire story, but my initial thought is that he should be heavilly fined and given a one meeting ban. Breaking down en-route is not an acceptable reason for missing a meeting. If I break down, I call the RAC and someone comes out and fixes the problem or tows me to where I need to go. Admittedly, this takes time, but he should have set out for the meeting in ample time. He let his fans down by not turning up. I know if I had got to the meeting and heard that excuse from either Bomber, Rory or Scott I would have been furious (as I was with Billy Janniro when he missed the Craven Shield meeting at Poole last season with the same problem).

Credit to Buster Chapman for being bold enough to admit he had made a mistake with the track. It was sorted out very well and produced a good meeting thereafter.

The meeting after heat 5 was very entertaining. Lots of passing and the riders were giving plenty of effort. I don't think Iversen, Screen and Zagar were missed as their replacements (Shields, Topinka and McGowan did a good job) although I was disappointed with Lindgren for Karlsson which I considered pretty much a like-for-like swap bearing in mind Lindgren's form recently.

Bomber, once again, was total class. His effort and commitment are a credit to him. He has raced Friday (GP Practice), Saturday (GP), Sunday (Poland), Monday (Cov), Tuesday (Sweden), Wednesday (Denmark), Thursday (ELRC). He races again tonight for Coventry. Yet there he was last night, giving 100% from his first heat to his last. I genuinely feel, as I have since seeing his early days at Brandon, that he has the ability to be World Champion. Yesterday evening was another affirmation that on a track you can race on, Bomber is as good as any other rider out there at the moment.

Could any one tell me why in heat 1 harris and lindgren were excluded in seperate incerdents when the second crash happened after the red light came on.

Well just got back home after staying over and after my 1st trip to the Norfolk Arena got to say it was rubbish track preparation. They had put in the programme how it was one of the best prepared tracks in the country but it was absolute rubbish - at least Buster came on and said it was his fault.

Get this Sheffield fans the reason why the track was rubbish was because they spent all Wednesday putting the air fence up..HAHA..thats got 1 back on you lot for robbing us of a meeting!!

After the early taken interval the racing got much better with Davey Watt and Chris Harris providing much of the entertainment whilst Nicki made 5 electric starts and deservdley won the meeting!!