British Speedway Forum
Sandie

Indoor Speedway -sun 9th December 07

I was begining to think we would not be seeing anything in Brighton this year but finally my letter arrived this morning.

BUT Its no longer called BRIGHTON BONANZA and has a different website.

Other thing of note is only one of the side wings will be opened - West Balcony.

No riders announced yet.

Anyone have anymore information about this event this year??

Edited by Sandie

Don't know why the East Balcony will be closed, have to say after sitting in various places throughout the 10 years of this meeting the last few I have sat in the East Balcony as I found this to be by far the best place to see all the action in the first bend! I've emailed them to ask why but as yet have no reply. :(

Now had a personal reply from the main man himself B) and it seems this could be a good year for the Indoor Speedway as we should now call it :wink: Obviously if you aim to get more 'names' to ride you need the sponsors to help out and in return they need somewhere to sit along with those riders parties etc. hence the East Balcony closure.

Some riders are already signed up and it seems some names will be released next week.

All sounds good to me and I look forward to seeing just who will be there this year.

Indoor Speedway Website

Now had a personal reply from the main man himself  B)  and it seems this could be a good year for the Indoor Speedway as we should now call it :wink:  Obviously if you aim to get more 'names' to ride you need the sponsors to help out and in return they need somewhere to sit along with those riders parties etc. hence the East Balcony closure.

Some riders are already signed up and it seems some names will be released next week.

All sounds good to me and I look forward to seeing just who will be there this year.

Indoor Speedway Website

That's great news, Brighton is a cracking day out and and we have been for the last five years or so. However, the emphasis lately has changed from being a a day at the speedway with a visit to Brighton thrown in to a Christmas day out in Brighton with some speedway thrown in. This is because the event was becoming a little tired in my opinion and big names have been somewhat lacking recently.

However, the change of format, together with the addition of a few 'names' should give the event the little 'boost' it needs.

Good luck to Jon and Martin. I hope the change of format and rebranding works for them as the close season would be much duller without this event.

Looking forward to it already.

Good luck to Jon and Martin. I hope the change of format and rebranding works for them as the close season would be much duller without this event.

Looking forward to it already.

Dont quote me on this but it seems Martin might be doing it alone this time round.

Dont quote me on this but it seems Martin might be doing it alone this time round.

You may be right Mr B,Jon Cook definetly has no involvement

Any Bees fans wishing to go can visit The BOSS kiosk at the stadium for coach bookings

Edited by colincooke

It looks like the provisional line up has been announced:

1 DANIEL KING Confirmed

2 DAVID HOWE Confirmed

3 EDWARD KENNETT Confirmed

4 GOMOLSKI Confirmed

5 HENKA GUSTAFSON Confirmed

6 JELENIEWS Confirmed

7 LEWIS BRIDGER Confirmed

8 LIBERSKI Confirmed

9 MARTIN DUGARD Confirmed

10 MIESIAC Confirmed

11 OLLI ALLEN Confirmed

12 SIMON GUSTAFSON Confirmed

17 JASON KING  (reserve)

18 DAN GIFFARD  (reserve)

** CHRIS HARRIS  (waiting confirmation)

** NIKKI PEDERSON (waiting confirmation)

** SCOTT NICHOLLS (waiting confirmation)

** GREG HANCOCK (waiting confirmation)

Looks pretty good, but would like to see Shawn McConnel and Bobby Schwartz make the annual trip.

Looks good if that's the line-up they can get.

Should be interesting to see the Poles around that tight place.

4. Adrian Gomolski - reserve for Under-21 World Final

6. Daniel Jeleniewski - 4th in Polish Final 2007

8. Liberski - haven't heard of him

10. Pawel Miesiac - in 2006 U-21 World Final, Rzeszow reserve

Hmmm wonder if I can push my luck and get my parents to have the boys again this year.....they already said after the Cardiff weekend, no more this year.

Would be a shame to miss it as I have been to the last 5 and really enjoy the day out.

Early Christmas present from your parents? :wink:

Hmmm wonder if I can push my luck and get my parents to have the boys again this year.....they already said after the Cardiff weekend, no more this year.

Would be a shame to miss it as I have been to the last 5  and really enjoy the day out.

Early Christmas present from your parents?  :wink:

Idea :unsure: Just say you need to go to Brighton to get their presents plus some surprise presents for the boys as there are some good shops in Brighton :D

Hmmm

Not sure my parents would actually believe that, one thing they are not is silly!