British Speedway Forum
Sandie

Indoor Speedway -sun 9th December 07

Does anyone know if i was to buy tickets at the arena, would they be the same price as listed on the website or more?

Thanks..

Does anyone know if i was to buy tickets at the arena, would they be the same price as listed on the website or more?

Thanks..

Yes they would be the normal price and you wouldn't have to pay a booking fee either.

We will be there as usual, but poor lineup again. Might as well give the trophy now to Kennett or Dugard no one is going to touch them.

What happened to the likes of Nicholls and Pedersen being in the provisional lineup?

Is there any under 15 racing?

Thanks for your input we all learn from feedback as to what people want:

The line up is not that bad its a bit different to what you would normally expect but you have to look outside the envelope, Ricky Wells is the biggest thing in the USA at the moment never seen in the UK, The rest of the so called poor line up are made up of the main England Squad. David Howe was going to come but after a practice last week is still unfit and will need an operation possibly.

As for Mr Nicholls he is at the BBC sportsman of the year awards otherwise he was due to come to the event. As for Mr Pedersen he is on holiday after being the world champion and all he can have a holiday. But he has promised me that he will do the event before the Centre will close in 2009.

I went down the list of all the GP riders and asked them if they are avalible for the meeting and they all came back and said they were busy that day. Ie Greg Hancock and his partner have just had a baby. ect, ect,ect,

You dont need GP stars to make a good meeting you need riders who want to race and enjoy to ride who's primary insentive is not money but to entertain.

You have to understand all the top riders have had a hard season and would like a break away from the sport and holiday or just time to relax with their famlies.

Sorry but there is no under 15 racing this year.

Regards

Martin Dugard

Just in case it got lost in the postings....

Ok with a week to go I will do my usual and start asking around for texters from this meeting.

I usually go but cost (with it looking like I had to take all 3 kids) and childcare issues have got in the way this year, so we are looking for one or two people (or even a team of people) to text results of this meeting to information hungry people on the Updates site.

If you can help, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

The line up is not that bad its a bit different to what you would normally expect but you have to look outside the envelope, Ricky Wells is the biggest thing in the USA at the moment never seen in the UK,

Sorry but there is no under 15 racing this year.

Martin:

Am certainly looking forward to seeing Ricky Wells ride..: as you say, his inclusion and GB debut is a major coup.

Sad to hear that the Under 15s aren't on again, though, as they've been IMHO a real highlight the last two years.. :cry:

Haven't got advance tickets but want to pay on the day.. There will be this option won't there..??? :unsure:

Martin:

Am certainly looking forward to seeing Ricky Wells ride..: as you say, his inclusion and GB debut is a major coup.

Sad to hear that the Under 15s aren't on again, though, as they've been IMHO a real highlight the last two years.. :cry:

Haven't got advance tickets but want to pay on the day..  There will be this option won't there..??? :unsure:

Hope so Parsloes as we dont have tickets either!!!

And again like you - sad about the under 15's - maybe you could reconsider for next year please as they really are a great part of the day. :D

Hope so Parsloes as we dont have tickets either!!!

And again like you - sad about the under 15's - maybe you could reconsider for next year please as they really are a great part of the day.  :D

Real shame about u15's i agree.Would've been great to see"Titch"(not so much anymore) :D ride there again.

Hi to all again,

The Under 15s will return in the future.

Regards

Martin Dugard

Thanks Martin

And just so you cant change your mind Ive cut and pasted it to keep forever. :P

If you culd now just say that next year's event will have at least 5 GP riders please!! :D

Seriously - I feel its a slightly weaker line up than normal (that being the riders I want to watch as compared to other fans and riders - personal choice and all that) - but it hasnt stopped me coming along.

A great day out whatever the line up :D

Edited by Sandie

A great day out whatever the line up  :D

Agree totally, really enjoyed last year's event despite the 'lesser' line-up, and am looking forward to Sunday.

Cheers

Haywood

Thing you find with this event is that no matter what ability of the rider everybody can race round this circuit, for me personally i think seeing the lesser riders, as some people call them makes the event more appealling in the fact that there is no clear out and out favourites. Roll on Sunday bit of early shopping then first meeting then over to the aussie bar, if that is wot its still called then back bellies full for the latter meeting.

Terry

Edited by witches forever

Wahooooooooooo!!!

Yep I'm going. :)

Due to one of our party being taken ill we now have a spare ticket sitting in the main stand, raised stalls , if anyone is intrested in buying this then please PM me.

Many thanks

Wahooooooooooo!!!

Yep I'm going.  :)

yey - you can now join in my birthday celebrations!! :D

Chocolates are easier to look after all day than flowers and then again, diamonds and rubies will go into my handbag!!! :lol:

Mars bar do? :D