British Speedway Forum
BossMan

Conference League Riders Championship

Just seen the list for the CLRC @ Rye House

Josh Auty. Jay Herne. Simon Lambert. Tai Woffinden.

Danny Warwick. Robert Mear. Ben Taylor. Daniel Halsey.

Andrew Bargh. Jonathan Bethell. Lee Smethills. Tom Brown.

Mark Burrows. Lee Smart. Nicki Glanz. Barrie Evans.

Reserves: Mark Baseby & Matthew Wright

Not sure about Mark Baseby being available with his injury? :unsure:

Tai will start as favourite but would love to see “Buzz” win it. :approve:

How do they decide which teams have 2 riders?

As I have said in another thread - this event should be for the very best riders in the Conference League - it should not be based on each team having riders in the event.

If this event was held as the last meeting at the end of the season, instead of in the very busy run up to play-offs etc. it would be much more relevant and a celebration and showcase of the best riders. Instead I would imagine that many promoters and managers will be worrying whether their riders will get injured in a non-event.

It is farcial that riders such as Buzz Burrows and Jon Bethell are allowed to ride in an event in the twilight of their speedway careers when they had their opportunities to ride in similar events when they were younger.

As an example of how unfair the system of choosing riders for this event is -Andrew Tully is second in the Conference League averages but has missed out in riding in this event because the BSPA (not Scunthorpe promotion - who refused (I believe) to choose between him and Josh Auty and Tai Woffinden). I am sure that there are other riders who should be at this event but aren't

I will not be attending this event but will give what would have been my entrance fee directly to the my team's promotion as I believe that they would have gained part of it if I had attended.

Edited by scribbler

Can we try and keep this thread as the title suggests and not turn it in to the '' how unfair'' debate, as on the CL section. :angry:

:( This is the Conference League Riders and its a indivdual event so it shoud be the top sixteen CL Riders in, they are riding for themself not any team therfore I think A Tully should be in, as he is second in the averages this season Edited by Skeggy Scorpion

jon behell only started riding speedway in 2004, just because he is of the age he is why should he not ride on Saturday!!

Because others are not allowed to because they haven't ridden enough meetings for their team. How many has Bethell ridden for Stoke?? Or if he's riding for Buxton and no longer actually does ride for them...

:(  This is the Conference League Riders and its a indivdual event so it shoud be the top sixteen CL Riders in, they are riding for themself not any team therfore I think A Tully should be in, as he is second in the averages this season

I suppose you'd like it held at Scunthorpe as well :)

The previous 13 championships have been run this way so why have a change now? there have been plenty of occasions in the past where riders near to the top of the 'averages' have missed out but as in other leagues, every team has a competitor if possible.

I have no problem with Tully riding - he should be in instead of Auty.

Mark Burrows will represent Cleveland on Saturday.

And how many chances has he had to represent all the Clubs that he has ridden for in the Leagues that he has ridden in since the 1980's?

As a matter of interest who decides who should ride in this event?

Jules