British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beercellar

Brighton Bonanza 2007

Oi... You have Telford in the Midlands... Leave us Southerners with something,  :lol:

Bournmouth! It would make sence really!

Blimey, the Midlands is closer to some Southerners than Bournemouth!

How many for Pizza Hut? :D

Did someone mention Pizzahut?? ;)

I don't think they have one at the NEC but they do have a Subway shop! :D

Did someone mention Pizzahut?? ;)

I don't think they have one at the NEC but they do have a Subway shop! :D

ooh Jay!!!!

I like Subway but nearly not half as much fun as Pizza hut.

Do they have straws??? :D

All fast food "restaurants" have straws Sandie.

Subway could be fun though :D

It's always the bracing hike up the road to Harry Ramsden's for my gang - fish and chips by the seaside, can't beat it!!

I kind of agree Jemma, but fish and chips on the East Yorkshire coast are easily the best fish and chips you'll ever have! :D

Oh dear - this really sums up previous Brightons.

Of course the speedway has been fun but its like the forum members Christmas Party!!!

Look how quickly we have forgotten about the meeting and aldready started discussing the in-between-bits!!!

And can we have some 'singles' (not taking partners or spouses!!) in our group this year please. i felt like a gooseberry last year and there was about 15 of us!!!! :D

Me and the lad chivsy had a very nice pizza with some lovely ladies Sandie.. you coud have come and joined us.. you too LW :D

(but you've got to change that swindon bib LW ;) )

I remember popping over to your table for a bit of your ice cream Jay. :shock:

Do you think the one with the red Robin would suit me better then? :D

Edited by London Witch

Oh yes, the ice cream ;)

It shouldn't take that long to change it over LW. Come on, you know you are a secret Bees fan anyway :D

Where's chivsy to remind me of the words to that song... when the red, red robin goes bob bob bobbin along... it's just the next bit I can't remember! lol

Nothing will be happening to the Brighton Centre for at least 2-3 years yet. Yes it's due for redevelopment but not until the new ice arena is built and with all the delays over the planning application for that (which I think is finally due to go in about now?) nothing will happen quickly! Don't know where the rumour about it being the last year has come from, can't say as though I've heard anything of the sort.

Hi to all,

I have had a meeting at the Brighton Centre during the last week, And i have been told that they do have plans to move away from the Centre of Brighton but they have also told me i can have a contract with them for the next 5 years if i wish too. They said with the planning of the new Centre being near the marina and the completion of the new building it could be as long as 7 years,

Regards Martin Dugard

www.indoorspeedway.co.uk

My understanding is that is now only Martin.

But this has been gleened from a couple of conversations so Im sure there are ohers that can either confirm or deny this.

Hi to all again,

Jon and myself parted company at this start of the year 2007 due to Jon moving on to promote another speedway club, We still talk to each other and Jon is more then welcome to come to any of the meetings as my guest.

Over the last few weeks i have had to call Jon he has pointed me in the right direction making sure the legal side of the event is covered but now the rest is down to me.

We have been friends for almost 20 years now and we are still looking at working together on a new project in the Mildlands?

But i hope that this year you will all see a difference in the whole structure of the meeting and the way the event is run.

Regards Martin Dugard

www.indoorspeedway.co.uk

It's always the bracing hike up the road to Harry Ramsden's for my gang - fish and chips by the seaside, can't beat it!!

Harry Ramsden's in now just corporate rubbish. I went to the original Ramsdens in Yorkshire back in the early 80's and have tried the "new" Ramsden's in a couple of different locations. Believe me there is no comparison whatsoever.

Best fish n chips I've had is Yorkshire Fisheries in Blackpool run by a Greek family.

Harry Ramsden's in now just corporate rubbish. I went to the original Ramsdens in Yorkshire back in the early 80's and have tried the "new" Ramsden's in a couple of different locations. Believe me there is no comparison whatsoever.

Best fish n chips I've had is Yorkshire Fisheries in Blackpool run by a Greek family.

Best fish and chips ive had are at Rye!

Most expensive fish and chips ive had are at Mildenhall :lol:

Edited by Mr Wong