British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

Totally giving it a miss this year. Cardiff to me has totally out priced itself and the racing to me isn't that good anymore. Have resigned to watching it in the comfort of my old arm chair!!! A good £500-00 better off!!!

Totally giving it a miss this year. Cardiff to me has totally out priced itself and the racing to me isn't that good anymore. Have resigned to watching it in the comfort of my old arm chair!!! A good £500-00 better off!!!

I think maybe you have priced yourself out of it. £500 isn't necessary.

Thought last years racing was probable the best yet..... Thanks to Chris Harris .

Does anyone anyone know about hotel vacancies in or very near to Cardiff for a family of 4. I have booked a B&B in Newport but am trying to get closer but havent had much luck

Any ideas will be appreciated. :)

Bruv will be flying in from Oz for this one

Does anyone anyone know about hotel vacancies in or very near to Cardiff for a family of 4. I have booked a B&B in Newport but am trying to get closer but havent had much luck

Any ideas will be appreciated. :)

Try the Crowndale Hotel, Cathedral Road, Cardiff, just 15 minutes walk from the Stadium. Tel: 029 2034 4060.

Going but not staying over this time, we did so last year and although in some ways it was nice to go home in the morning for a couple of hours drinking it was not really worth it.

Staying over in Newport again this year,does anyone know the best place to park overnight?

Lucky last year that a family just outside the town centre(on their way out shopping!) offered us the chance to park outside their house!!

There is an NCP car park right opposite the walkabout,but we were advised against using it,as it didnt offer anything other than short stay options

Surely the train station has a long stay option?

Great value BTW £60 for a double or twin single room,and the option to confirm a 12 o clock midday book in(the "swipe card" to get in also acts as a free pass to the nightclub).& only 2 mins from train station,and town centre ,and 3.4 miles to Newport for the welsh open on the following day

The cinema right opposite Walkabout is changing into a Travel Inn. I'm not sure whether it will be open by June, or whether the carpark you mention will then change to offer longer term parking (which would be sensible with a Travel Inn next door).

<Edit>It actually going to be a Travelodge, and it doesn't look like it will be finished until Christmas. Sorry. :(

Edited by Diesel

Staying over in Newport again this year,does anyone know the best place to park overnight?

Lucky last year that a family just outside the town centre(on their way out shopping!) offered us the chance to park outside their house!!

There is an NCP car park right opposite the walkabout,but we were advised against using it,as it didnt offer anything other than short stay options

Great value BTW £60 for a double or twin single room,and the option to confirm a 12 o clock midday book in(the "swipe card" to get in also acts as a free pass to the nightclub).& only 2 mins from train station,and town centre ,and 3.4 miles to Newport for the welsh open on the following day

We are staying @ Brick House Country Guest House, Redwick, Newport, Gwent family room £100 with breakfast.

If you are not that far from us maybe we can meet up?

We are staying @ Brick House Country Guest House, Redwick, Newport, Gwent family room £100 with breakfast.

If you are not that far from us maybe we can meet up?

It is a good 7 miles (as the crow flies) from Redwick to the centre of Newport where Walkabout is located.

Im sure the car park behind walkabout and the Travel Lodge/Inn (whichever one it is) is long stay.

Its the one by the station.

Im sure its long stay as we park in it ona friay and collect the car on the sunday - its used by the travel lodge guests. Or was :unsure:

Im sure the car park behind walkabout and the Travel Lodge/Inn (whichever one it is) is long stay.

Its the one by the station.

Im sure its long stay as we park in it ona friay and collect the car on the sunday - its used by the travel lodge guests. Or was  :unsure:

There is no Travelodge/Inn near Walkabout in Newport.