British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

Guest chris26

cardiff is one big con if you ask me. £15 for a league meeting is bad enough so don't see why I should have to fork out nearly £50 just to get a half decent seat plus god knows how much either in Petrol Money/Train Travel and then food, hotel etc etc.

come on IGI, move the British Grand Prix to Wembley. you know it makes sense :approve:

cardiff is one big con if you ask me. £15 for a league meeting is bad enough so don't see why I should have to fork out nearly £50 just to get a half decent seat plus god knows how much either in Petrol Money/Train Travel and then food, hotel etc etc.

come on IGI, move the British Grand Prix to Wembley. you know it makes sense :approve:

Seats at Wembley wouldn't be any cheaper...and Swindon is halfway between Cardiff and Wembley . Can't afford the hotel anyway ,always travel there and back sameday and pay for the cheapest seat .

Guest chris26
Seats at Wembley wouldn't be any cheaper

true... but Wembley is much easier for me to get to than bloody travelling nearly 400 miles ;):lol:

true... but Wembley is much easier for me to get to than bloody travelling nearly 400 miles ;):lol:

Is there no club bus running from Ipswich? :unsure:

Guest chris26
Is there no club bus running from Ipswich? :unsure:

there probably is..... but you really think I want to go on a bus for all that length of time :o:P:lol:

takes 6/7 hours, possibly 8 or even 9 if traffic is really terrible... and that's just by car - will take even longer on the bus, what with people wanting breaks to go to the loo, get a coffee etc etc so I'd rather cut out the hassle and watch in the nice warmth of my home and on my sofa :D

Edited by chris26

so I'd rather cut out the hassle and watch in the nice warmth of my home and on my sofa :D

You can't beat being at a speedway meeting though ;) Sitting at home and seeing it on the TV isn't the same, well it isn't to me anyway.

I've been on the Ipswich bus, and it's fine. Have a sweepstake on the way - all adds to the fun. :D

You can't expect everything on your doorstep Chris... we travel there, so why can't you :P

And we done it in about 5 and a half hours with a stop or two B)

And it's 240 miles actually :approve::P

Guest chris26
You can't expect everything on your doorstep Chris... we travel there, so why can't you :P

it's alright if you are loaded and can easily afford to get every year... the simple fact of the matter is, I can't! and I am not going to fork out a big sum just so I can then say "woo hoo, been there!" - anyway, it's on the TV and I don't care who says "oh but you are boring watching at home."

besides, I am saving for a 2009 Witches season ticket anyway.

might be for you... you live in a different part of Suffolk to me you twit! ;)

erm, last time my parents drove there on holiday years ago, it was at least 300 miles :rolleyes:

Edited by chris26

it's alright if you are loaded and can easily afford to get every year... the simple fact of the matter is, I can't! and I am not going to fork out a big sum just so I can then say "woo hoo, been there!" - anyway, it's on the TV and I don't care who says "oh but you are boring watching at home."

And of course you see more of what's going on if watching on the tv ..........

Guest chris26
And of course you see more of what's going on if watching on the tv ..........

there is that too... you don't have to look either above or between swarms of people who are either standing or sitting in your way.

Surely it is 400 odd miles if he's planning to come home again? :rolleyes:

Surely it is 400 odd miles if he's planning to come home again? :rolleyes:

Ah, but Chris knew that he meant on the way ;)

Guest chris26
Ah, but Chris knew that he meant on the way ;)

okay, 400 one way may be a little bit of an over-estimate but if we go 50/50 between your 240 and 400, that makes it 320 each way for me and back... 640 miles!! :o - and with petrol costs varying greatly in different regions of the UK (average where I live is about £1.05/£1.06 but head about 30 miles down the A12 and in Essex, that rises to about an average of £1.10/£1.11 and recently, I saw one garage charging £1.16!! - prices could be even higher the further west you go across the country. For example, if I drove my dad's car (a 2.0 Automatic) to cardiff (does about 27/28mpg average). With current prices, it costs about £50 to £60 a go to fill the tank up to the rim so about £100 or more in petrol money :o

so, doing the maths:

£50 min for a decent seat in the stadium + Refreshments (food and drink) - saying £20 + £100 or so in petrol money - that's £190 minimum and if I wanted a hotel room for a night if I didn't feel like driving home the same night, that would push that up to nearer £300.

so what do you think I am realistically going to choose? erm, hmmm, let me see, still thinking............ I'll keep my £300 very much in my pocket, thanks very much :approve::D

okay, 400 one way may be a little bit of an over-estimate but if we go 50/50 between your 240 and 400, that makes it 320 each way for me and back... 640 miles!! :o - and with petrol costs varying greatly in different regions of the UK (average where I live is about £1.05/£1.06 but head about 30 miles down the A12 and in Essex, that rises to about an average of £1.10/£1.11 and recently, I saw one garage charging £1.16!! - prices could be even higher the further west you go across the country. For example, if I drove my dad's car (a 2.0 Automatic) to cardiff (does about 27/28mpg average). With current prices, it costs about £50 to £60 a go to fill the tank up to the rim so about £100 or more in petrol money :o

so, doing the maths:

£50 min for a decent seat in the stadium + Refreshments (food and drink) - saying £20 + £100 or so in petrol money - that's £190 minimum and if I wanted a hotel room for a night if I didn't feel like driving home the same night, that would push that up to nearer £300.

so what do you think I am realistically going to choose? erm, hmmm, let me see, still thinking............ I'll keep my £300 very much in my pocket, thanks very much :approve::D

One answer for that.... DON'T GO BY CAR! Think it cost about £30 return on the Ipswich coach last year - very good IMO. £40 or whatever it was for the ticket (and even though they were the cheaper tickets, it was still a fantastic view!), had a KFC in the city centre which was about £4 including a drink. Then a Beer or 2 inside the stadium - £5 or 6 for 2.

So, less than £100 - which included food that I took :approve:

Edited by M08