British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mark cox

Dudley Wood R.I.P.

Ali- THE Greatest Sportsman ever- had Angelo Dundee in his corner for many years... does this mean Ali wouldn't have been the Champ without a brilliant back-up team... or was it that Ali gave his natural talent the best chance by having the best people around... luck equalling opportunity meeting preparation blah blah blah...

Eddie Bull was a brilliant tuner, and Penhall a brilliant rider made sure he looked after his bikes. Wunder Gunder saw a connection, and so on....

Dudley Wood was a track over 300 metres, allowing great racing, which wasn't a bad strip for great riders to learn their trade on.

Anyway enough of this old cack, lets talk about fit women. Will this do.

Well Ill put it this way Mark, a fit spanish woman on an Eddie Bull bike certainly could have won any World Final in those days on an Eddie Bull bike. Guess my point is,... Eddie never got the credit due. Besides,.. wanna hear bout Irish Girls??? 8)

Probably right if she rode down the Wood! The Bullster is part of the Heathens hall of fame.

Anyway, top Irish girls have to be.... the bird from Ballykiss, most of the Corrs, and Catherine from Dublin in a nightclub in Portugal, about ten years ago...

Andrea Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :!: :D:D:D

Nadine thingy from girls aloud has great legs

and the Irish girl I met in Kos this summer was pretty cute.

oh...and..yeah...bikes...tuners...tracks...riders...etc

;):P

Well Mark, since this is your thread and now that I have official permission, lets hear more about the Czek ladies? Before I close, I will say Cradley was a true working class club and facilitiy, and I agree that the track allowed some great races. And agreed, some of the best racers ever, cut their teeth on that track. Now, what about the girls from the Czek Republic? 8)

Hey LT! Just cuz you dont know any Swedish or Irish or Czek Birds, it aint our fault!! I would think it might be yours, having said that, I agree, no more on the birds from me!! 8) Till tomorrow...... I thought you were cooler than that... :lol:

He is. :D

Just a shame he can't use any smilies. Never mind here's one for you.....cracking bit of stuff this and Irish I understand.

witch.gif

Well now I'm really p!$$ed off!!!

Taken from the Cradley website.

UPDATE ... Hopes for speedway to be introduced to the Castle Gate site in a multi-purpose stadium were dashed when Dudley Council accepted alternative plans by the St Modwen development company. Supporters will soon be too late to recognise any remaining features of the former Dudley Wood stadium as Barratt West Midlands have begun extensive earth-moving work, as well as erecting a temporary sales office for the houses due to be built on the land.

Thought the council were going to do all they could help seccure a return for the Heathens. :roll: :x :cry:

What a bunch of w*****s :evil:

I will say it now we will never see the return of Cradley Heath in Dudley again,the council just don,t want speedway.

The supporters should have got together years ago and put pressure on the council not left it to one or two men,whenever i have tried to get supporters together it has failed,RIP Cradley Heathens.

Hey i have,nt given up but WHAT are the fans doing???,we cannot just sit back,but thats whats happening,No one is going to knock anyones door and say here is a track for your speedway team.

It looks to me that is what they are waiting for,cause NO-one is putting any sort of pressure on Dudley council.

How many fans do Cradley have,seems to me there must be less than 50 of us,the rest are in the woodwork.