British Speedway Forum

cheeky mare!!!

Some of us have proper jobs you know!!! :P:D

If you had a proper job you wouldn't have to work on Bank Holidays and thus expect the whole of the speedway calender and BSkyB's scheduling to revolve around you :rolleyes:

That said scheduling this meeting the day after a foreign GP is just plain daft.

Still if the Super7 girls are going to be there it will be worth the entry fee alone :approve:

If you had a proper job you wouldn't have to work on Bank Holidays and thus expect the whole of the speedway calender and BSkyB's scheduling to revolve around you :rolleyes:

That said scheduling this meeting the day after a foreign GP is just plain daft.

Still if the Super7 girls are going to be there it will be worth the entry fee alone :approve:

I know your post is tounge in cheek (I hope) but using that theory there wouldnt be speedway on a Bank Holiday to worry about.

The emergency services wouldnt be able to offer cover

The stadium staff would want the day off

and taking it one step further - the riders wouldnt be 'working' either

And SKY wouldnt be working either!!!!!

But we live in a 24 / 7 society and why cant the BSPA and SKY revolve around me!! I want my speedway!!

And by the way - this meeting - I can attend if I plan my social activites better!!

Its the Cov v Ippo Im cross about. Weather is something we have to accept - messing around with times for SKY tv now thats another matter!!!!

Personally I hate this novelty event, as you can probably tell.

I foolishly went to the Pairs at King's Lynn the other year and realised just how bad it is. Reminds me of Telford !

However, disregarding that bias...

Not one single rider is contractually obliged to race in this meeting, therefore nobody should even be threatened with a ban !

This is a re-arranged fixture, not on any pre-season agreed list.

Zetters, I suspect that Jon Cook is lying to Jonas Davidsson in order to force him to ride. But IF Jonas agreed to ride in the Pairs BEFORE being asked to ride in Sweden, then he should ride in the Pairs.

If anyone ends up with a ban then I hope they take legal action. I'm personally sick of seeing the BSPA ignoring their own rules to suit the occasion.

Personally I hate this novelty event, as you can probably tell.

I foolishly went to the Pairs at King's Lynn the other year and realised just how bad it is. Reminds me of Telford !

However, disregarding that bias...

Not one single rider is contractually obliged to race in this meeting, therefore nobody should even be threatened with a ban !

This is a re-arranged fixture, not on any pre-season agreed list.

Zetters, I suspect that Jon Cook is lying to Jonas Davidsson in order to force him to ride. But IF Jonas agreed to ride in the Pairs BEFORE being asked to ride in Sweden, then he should ride in the Pairs.

If anyone ends up with a ban then I hope they take legal action. I'm personally sick of seeing the BSPA ignoring their own rules to suit the occasion.

He had agree to ride instead of Andreas Jonsson before the meeting was cancelled last tuesday so thats it.........:(

There is an old saying that goes "he who pays the piper calls the tune".

Given the amount of money BSkyB put into speedway they have the right to decide fixture dates and times. They do the same with football, cricket, rugby league etc.

I agree with you all on riders pulling out.

As much as i admire the talents of those concerned their reasonings are unacceptable.

We Brits have payed or will pay( depending on whether you still have your ticket from Lynn) £20 to see the top names & they are letting us down, particularly disappointed in Scott who is one of our own.

Edited by colincooke

There is an old saying that goes "he who pays the piper calls the tune".

Given the amount of money BSkyB put into speedway they have the right to decide fixture dates and times. They do the same with football, cricket, rugby league etc.

But I didnt think SKY were covering this meeting!!

Was about to say that same thing SB - Shocking TBH.

Absolute disgrace, these Elite League boys seemingly do what they like, yet Zorro was crucified for missing the PLRC. Rules for some and rules for others.

Crump & Cheese Man

Clean & Mads

Hans & Bomber

Freddie & PUK

Rico & Kennett?

Shields & Judas D

King & Bjerre (broken leg permitting)

Bjarne & Chris

Rory & Swidders

Or something like that! :unsure:

It is confirmed that the Eagles representatives at Swindon for this Sunday's Best Pairs will be Lewis Bridger, plus either Edward Kennett, or Cameron Woodward.

Hans Andersen must be peed off, he does'nt ride because hes not getting payed and gets a ban, then all these riders pull out on sunday without being punished, the BSPA are a joke.

Im sure it says its somewhere but can anyone confirm the start time of this please? Im planning to go but not sure of the time, cheers.

Im sure it says its somewhere but can anyone confirm the start time of this please? Im planning to go but not sure of the time, cheers.

6pm, gates open at 430.

Zorro chose to ride for his Polish club in the play-offs when he missed the PLRC and was banned for 28 days and fined £1000. I wonder what excuses Nicholls and the others have given and whether they will recieve the same sort of punishment. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hector

Hans Andersen must be peed off, he does'nt ride because hes not getting payed and gets a ban, then all these riders pull out on sunday without being punished, the BSPA are a joke.

We do not know whether they are being punished or not.

In the case of Lee Richardson this has been discussed on another thread.

I trust that he will not be punished in the circumstances.

Firstly, you don't know that they're NOT being punished, at this moment in time.

Secondly, they shouldn't be punished anyway! This is a re-arranged fixture not in their diaries from the start of the season.