British Speedway Forum

Once upon a time there was a man called Jonathan Chapman. A sweet man he loved his speedway and decided to make a super 7 series. He oh so wanted to call it the Magnificent 7 event after of course the Magnificent Seven of Hackney. Oh how we miss them everyone!

But boys and girls, he upset the fairy god mother, who in turn made it rain and rain on a Saturday night in Kings Lynn. The speedway riders cried and cried and the meeting had to be cancelled because the little boys didn’t want to get wet and dirty. After all what would there mummy & daddy’s say.

Then, the fairy god mother who felt very guilty because she had made it rain said, don’t be upset, you can come around to my house and you can do it there! It won’t be until June can you wait till then?

All the boys and girls screamed

‘No we wanted it now’

She of course did not listen!

Well of course this fairy tale may have a happy ending for some, but not for the paying public, the people who keep the tracks going, the silent share holders if you like who go to speedway week after week. As long as it suits the little boys who ride the bikes, who cares about the paying public!

Once upon a time there was a man called Jonathan Chapman. A sweet man he loved his speedway and decided to make a super 7 series. He oh so wanted to call it the Magnificent 7 event after of course the Magnificent Seven of Hackney. Oh how we miss them everyone!

But boys and girls, he upset the fairy god mother, who in turn made it rain and rain on a Saturday night in Kings Lynn. The speedway riders cried and cried and the meeting had to be cancelled because the little boys didn’t want to get wet and dirty. After all what would there mummy & daddy’s say.

Then, the fairy god mother who felt very guilty because she had made it rain said, don’t be upset, you can come around to my house and you can do it there! It won’t be until June can you wait till then?

All the boys and girls screamed

‘No we wanted it now’

She of course did not listen!

Well of course this fairy tale may have a happy ending for some, but not for the paying public, the people who keep the tracks going, the silent share holders if you like who go to speedway week after week. As long as it suits the little boys who ride the bikes, who cares about the paying public!

What errant nonsense. Without the "little boys who ride the bikes" there would be nothing to watch. :rolleyes:

This post is extremely insulting.

What errant nonsense. Without the "little boys who ride the bikes" there would be nothing to watch. :rolleyes:

To your intelligence Blazeaway, i'm with Paul on this one.

To your intelligence Blazeaway, i'm with Paul on this one.

In the words of the great Katherine Tate.

"Am I bovvered?" :D

QUOTE (Rob B @ Apr 8 2008, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although I don't like it being at Swindon as its not neutral I think its the best choice, will be a decent crowd day after Cardiff with most people staying down there.

I agree with this. I think it is the most sensible decision in the circumstances.

I know I will certainly be there.

Great news that it is the day after Cardiff.

Adds to a great few days of Speedway

I found it quite amusing, actually. :lol:

Guest Schumi

I'm guessing it's now at Swindon purely because the track was available - that's the day they were originally going to have their anniversary meeting.

Really and this one isnt????

Sod Newport, since when do they have a god given right to cash in on the GP?

I'm guessing it's now at Swindon purely because the track was available - that's the day they were originally going to have their anniversary meeting.

There was a post somewhere in this thread that sort of implied that Rosco wll now be managing the Super 7's. Not sure if it was tounge in cheek or serious but maybe that has something t do with it!! :unsure:

I'm not wildly enthused about the meeting coming to Blunsdon, but as Adder points out, it is easy to see the logic behind the decision - track and riders available, short trip up the M4 from Cardiff, thousands of speedway fans in the area etc.

I don't buy the home track advantage thing either. When Swindon had an average Elite League team (2004 & 2005) Blunsdon was seen as a fair track that everyone could ride because we had loads of close meetings. In 2006 & 2007 we were far stronger, and as a result had lots of one-sided meetings. Hey presto all of a sudden it was down to home track advantage! Nothing at all to do with the riders that the Swindon management had put together. :rolleyes:

Besides, Leigh and Troy have both ridden for King's Lynn in the past, so that wasn't strictly neutral either, was it? :blink:

Probably 6PM

That makes sense to me as then most can get home the same dayish too ................. damned annoyed, was so looking forward to the racing at Lynn grrrrrrrrrrr