British Speedway Forum
Phil

Steve Johnston Speedway Testimonial - Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Thanks to Mike Bellman, chairman of the IOW Speedway, who's just given me a tenner towards sponsorship for "the big shave off!" :)

I'll bid £5, Bryn. It will all go back behind the bar at Rosco's anyway. :P

bryn got himself another £20 last night for the shave off :lol:

bryn got himself another £20 last night for the shave off :lol:

and BFD has pay-pal-ed my account with £10.

How much is that now bryn?

**********PRESS RELEASE**********

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

A special attraction at the Steve Johnston Testimonial will be two Maestro Match Races between American superstars SAM ERMOLENKO and RONNIE CORREY. This will interest all fans but perhaps especially those from Wolverhampton!

1993 World Champ “Sudden Sam” Ermolenko, a colleague of Johno’s on Sky TV these days, said “Johno’s a pretty special person. He’s such a likeable guy everybody has a lot of time for him, and I’m the same.

“Racing against Ronnie will be kind of cool because Ronnie and I have a fantastic history. I rode in Adam Skornicki’s meeting a few weeks ago on a big track which was quite easy to ride – I think for Johno’s meeting I might have to do a bit of skidding beforehand because Coventry is a little tighter.

“I’ve had great times with Johno and I’m sure this is going to be a heck of a bash. I hope it’s going to be a really good day and I will be there supporting it and so will a lot of my friends.”

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, CHRIS HOLDER, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN, FREDDIE LINDGREN, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS, BILLY JANNIRO, STEVE JOHNSTON, CARL STONEHEWER, CAMERON WOODWARD. MAESTRO MATCH RACES – SAM ERMOLENKO v RONNIE CORREY. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

**********END**********

from what bryn said last nigh he rekons aout £100 he did it would be comimg off :unsure:

I believe, without checking Sandie that it's now £100!!! I will have to check when I've got over the effects Waverley at Worky last night / until the middle of this morn and the medicinal drinks we downed at a rate of knots! :blink:

TWO questions:

1. Who will carry out the deed? :unsure:

2. Will it hurt? (I'm a bloke remember!) :shock:

2. Will it hurt? (I'm a bloke remember!) :shock:

Is there waxing involved? :P

Is there waxing involved? :P

No Way Jose! :shock:

I volunteered first - I already have a ladyshave ready.

Been using it for the last month - trying to get it 'just right' for the day!!!!!! :lol:

**********PRESS RELEASE**********

A special attraction at the Steve Johnston Testimonial will be two Maestro Match Races between American superstars SAM ERMOLENKO and RONNIE CORREY. This will interest all fans but perhaps especially those from Wolverhampton!

1993 World Champ "Sudden Sam" Ermolenko, a colleague of Johno's on Sky TV these days, said "Johno's a pretty special person. He's such a likeable guy everybody has a lot of time for him, and I'm the same.

"Racing against Ronnie will be kind of cool because Ronnie and I have a fantastic history. I rode in Adam Skornicki's meeting a few weeks ago on a big track which was quite easy to ride – I think for Johno's meeting I might have to do a bit of skidding beforehand because Coventry is a little tighter.

"I've had great times with Johno and I'm sure this is going to be a heck of a bash. I hope it's going to be a really good day and I will be there supporting it and so will a lot of my friends."

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, CHRIS HOLDER, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN, FREDDIE LINDGREN, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS, BILLY JANNIRO, STEVE JOHNSTON, CARL STONEHEWER, CAMERON WOODWARD. MAESTRO MATCH RACES – SAM ERMOLENKO v RONNIE CORREY. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

**********END**********

Sandie, is their any clues as to who the 16th man in the line-up is, or do the last 3 names of this post tell us that.

Edited by colincooke

No Way Jose! :shock:

Bryn,

To get the "true" Johnno experience, you need a "Headblade" (www.headblade.com)

Available here from "Mankind" (www.mankind.co.uk) - Get the sport version with wheels on :rolleyes:

Further details on my Facebook page, and I will chip in a tenner by the way...Let me know how I pay, etc...

Cheers,

Jeff

I will be surprised if Chris Holder can ride in this meeting, as he is named for the Under 21 WTC Qualifier for Oz on that date in Germany.

Steve Johnston has completed the field for his Testimonial, now just over a week away, by adding the names of SIMON STEAD and LINUS SUNDSTROM.

Simon Stead will of course be racing on his current home track having joined the Bees this season. One of the most spectacular riders in World Speedway, he is now a mainstay of the Great Britain team and has increased his average this season.

Linus Sundstrom is a teenage Swede who raced last year in Coventry’s annual individual classic the Brandonapolis and drew much praise for his performance. He rides for the Piraterna team in the Swedish Elite League.

Johno says “I recently brought a bike over for Linus who wants to ride a few meetings in the UK, so as an afterthought I asked him if he’d like to do my Testimonial. So he is!”

(Note: Chris Holder who had been pleased to be included in the meeting has been forced to withdraw as he is riding that day for Australia in a World Under-21 Team Cup round).

FULL FIELD: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, LINUS SUNDSTROM, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN, FREDDIE LINDGREN, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS, BILLY JANNIRO, STEVE JOHNSTON, CARL STONEHEWER, CAMERON WOODWARD, SIMON STEAD. MAESTRO MATCH RACES – SAM ERMOLENKO v RONNIE CORREY. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

(Note: Chris Holder who had been pleased to be included in the meeting has been forced to withdraw as he is riding that day for Australia in a World Under-21 Team Cup round).

As I thought, Chris is unavailable now for this meeting, unfortunately. But he will be riding in Boycey's Farewell Meeting on 25th June. :lol:

Edited by Pollyanna