British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

250's At Wolverhampton Mon May 5th

We have arranged for a 2nd half for the 250's at Wolverhampton next Monday (Bank Holiday) May 5th. Will be contacting those whose numbers I have but ask for those interested in riding to contact me on 07801429304 or e-mail : laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk

It will be a 6 heat formula and just working out if it will two teams of three or four -dependent on the numbers.

Laurence Rogers

Need contact details for : Joe Newey, Lloyd Barrett, Nathan Stoneman, Brendon Worville, Connor Dwyer if anyone has them please.

Thank you one and all. Communication made and all being well we have six 250 riders in action on Monday night in a six heat individual tournament.

Full details to follow.

Hopefully the fans will stay on to watch the young 'uns in action.

Space for two more 250 riders for Monday ---call me on 07801 429304 or e-mail : laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk

Edited by Main Man

Well looks like we will go with 5 riders in a six heat individual event. Unfortunately Lloyd Barrett ( son of former rider Wayne) is missing as he has exams at school on Tuesday and it's a long way back from Wolves to the West Country.

Taking part will be : Rhys Naylor, Adam Portwood, Tom Stokes, Connor Dwyer and Joe Newey.

Be nice to see a good number of fans stay on to watch the kids in action.

Well done to the lads tonight. It was all a bit rushed with a late finish to the EL match but they got to the end. Joe Newey was unlucky to miss out after crashing and being caught by Conor Dwyer who couldn't miss him in Ht 2 and his bike was a bit of a mess with the front end badly bent and amazingly his back sprocket bent as well. Ht 4 saw an on the line win for Rhys over Adam, who learned a lesson about looking behind too much in a race, with the unbeaten Tom third.

In the end it was a tie for 1st spot between Rhys Naylor and Tom Stokes on 10 with Adam Portwood on 8 and Conor Dwyer on 4. The important thing was the lads got track time, enjoyed it and picked up two bookings to appear at Redcar after two Saturday CL meetings.

Ht 1 Stokes, Portwood, Naylor, Dwyer

2 Naylor Dwyer Newey F/x

3 Stokes, Portwood

4 Naylor, Portwood, Stokes, Dwyer

5 Naylor Dwyer

6 Stokes Portwood

Well done lads !!! Commiserations to Joe on his bent bike.

Well done to the lads tonight. It was all a bit rushed with a late finish to the EL match but they got to the end. Joe Newey was unlucky to miss out after crashing and being caught by Conor Dwyer who couldn't miss him in Ht 2 and his bike was a bit of a mess with the front end badly bent and amazingly his back sprocket bent as well. Ht 4 saw an on the line win for Rhys over Adam, who learned a lesson about looking behind too much in a race, with the unbeaten Tom third.

In the end it was a tie for 1st spot between Rhys Naylor and Tom Stokes on 10 with Adam Portwood on 8 and Conor Dwyer on 4. The important thing was the lads got track time, enjoyed it and picked up two bookings to appear at Redcar after two Saturday CL meetings.

Ht 1 Stokes, Portwood, Naylor, Dwyer

2 Naylor Dwyer Newey F/x

3 Stokes, Portwood

4 Naylor, Portwood, Stokes, Dwyer

5 Naylor Dwyer

6 Stokes Portwood

Well done lads !!! Commiserations to Joe on his bent bike.

Typical, i wait all season for a second half then it doesn't start til 10 and my son has to be up for school. :cry:

Watched first two heats then had to go, will they be back at 'the Green' Laurence??

Good to see you carrying on the work with junior/young riders you started at Cradley all thise years ago mate. :lol:

I would like to say a BIG thank you to Laurance and all at Wolverhampton that made last night such a great night for us all, congrats to Rhys and Tom for their 1st places (one day I'll beat you though, still trying hard LOL), and hope that Joe gets his bike sorted again for the next time. Hope to race you all again soon. Adam P.

P.S. Does anyone know the names of the photographers at Wolverhampton.

Edited by p'boro lad

I would like to say a BIG thank you to Laurance and all at Wolverhampton that made last night such a great night for us all, congrats to Rhys and Tom for their 1st places (one day I'll beat you though, still trying hard LOL), and hope that Joe gets his bike sorted again for the next time. Hope to race you all again soon. Adam P.

P.S. Does anyone know the names of the photographers at Wolverhampton.

The photographer who took your picture (hopefully for use in the Speedway Star ?) was John Hipkiss.

Also a big thank you to Pete Ballinger at Clean Cut Sports who stayed on to film the lads (no doubt they will be after a copy !!) and we will also use it as training aid to analyse their riding to help them develop.

And to answer boss2 I would think that CVS would like to have the lads back at some stage in the season.

Many thanks to all the lads who took part in the 250cc races last night. Unfortunately not many fans stayed behind to watch but the lads were keen and entertaining. Hope more of these races can be organised. Good luck to you all.

Many thanks to all the lads who took part in the 250cc races last night. Unfortunately not many fans stayed behind to watch but the lads were keen and entertaining. Hope more of these races can be organised. Good luck to you all.

Its a shame young Marc was not there to lap them all !!!!! :rolleyes:

Would have loved Marc to have been there Paddywack --I want ALL the 250 boys to get as much track time as they can and progress.

Good to see you carrying on the work with junior/young riders you started at Cradley all thise years ago mate. :lol:

Yes and that includes young Paul Fry who was certainly going very well on he TV tonight at the IOW !! Nice one Fryer. :approve: