British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
krissie

czech Gp (06 09 03)

Can someone provide me with the answer as to whether the ref (Tony Steele) was the same as the Cardiff GP?

It was Mike Posselwhite at Cardiff.

Are most of the people on this forum 'Holta fans'? I'm very surprised that only one person has mentioned the incident he caused imo. I couldn't believe that Tony didn't exclude him :? Hate to disagree with my favourite rider, Sam, but I viewed the incident very differently. Sam said that AJ had his wheel in the air when Holta cut across, but the way I saw it was that AJ had his wheel down just before Holta's front wheel came up, and Holta's back wheel took AJ's front wheel. Even Nicki had to shut off quickly to avoid going into Holta as he cut across in front of him. Okay, it's a GP and everyones going for it, but imo Holta rode as though he was the only rider on the track :x :twisted:

Am I wrong :?: Did anyone see it differently :?:

That's exactly the way I saw it. I normally like Sam but I think he got it totally wrong. Even if AJ had of had is front wheel down, he still would have had nowehre to go because Rune was cutting across his space. Sam said AJ was at fault because he had his wheel up, well so did Rune, and so do a lot of riders coming out of the gate. Just don't know what Sam expected AJ to do, to miss the crash, and to blame him..... :evil: Even if the person hadn't of been AJ, if it had of been Nicki Pedersen, I still would have said Rune was at fault so I'm not being bias.

Sorry this is late - only just had a chance to watch the recording of it. Can someone explain how Holta wasnt at fault or wasnt excluded ??. Seemed to me he was less than half a wheel in front then veered into AJs path as they approached the corner.

Cheers Paul