British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marcus16

Latvian Gp

was thinking of going to this gp

ive heard that latvia is cheaper than poland - is this correct?

is it better to stay in daugavpils than riga?

is this one of the better gps to go to?

Any help or info would be appreciated :lol:

All I know about Latvia is that it's cheaper than Poland and Daugavpils is way out in the sticks

Hi Tractor Girl,

I went there last year:

Daugavpils is 220 Km from Riga, you can get there by train or bus.

There are 4 trains a day, last year it cost about £2.50 one way, but is oh so slow takes between 3 and 5 hours depending on which train you get, with nothing to look at except tree trunks. :blink::(

I'm trying the bus this year, have been told it is cheaper and takes around 2½ hours, and is meant to be a more intesting journey. :unsure:

There are a number of hotels in Daugavpils, but I only know about 3 of them:

Park Hotel Lagota - The most expensive, where the STC stayed last year as well as a couple of the Riders. Located in the city centre.

Hotel Dinaburg - Medium price, most of the Riders and officals stay here, very close to the track, around 5 Km from the centre.

Hotel Bioplan - Cheapest of the 3, a nice clean comfortable modern bed and breakfast hotel, near the centre (1 Km) and around a 20 minute walk (3 Km) to the track. Stayed there last year and found it to be very good, and nothing was to much for the staff. Lindback and his crew were staying there as well as a lot of media. It became full on the Saturday with a great bunch of Poles. I'm back there again this year. :approve:

I recommend this Hotel if you just want some where for B&B, it has and associated restaurant in the city called "Leon" top notch food at very cheap prices.

Hope this helps you.

Best wishes Paul B)