British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Coppernut

David Mcallan Farewell Meeting

The only downside for me was not being able to hear a single word Stevie Lawson had to say, from where I was standing at the fourth bend in front of the one and only King Jamie by the way :P , during his very short interview

Aye that King Jamie's a right loud mouth isn't he! :P

We were stood probably as close as anyone to where Michael spoke to God and tbh I think we could hear more without the mike than with it!

Got a nice photo of him with the thumbs up as he came off track tho

Onto the meeting itself. I have to say that all 19 riders who took to the track today deserve great credit and it shows exactly how much David is thought of by the attitude of all of them today, especially in the constant drizzle of the early stages, they still went out and tried hard to put on an entertaining show.

It was all about David today tho, I'm not sure how much he would have taken in, he did look dazed at times but I hope they are all having a damn good time still out at Firhill tonight (even tho Partick Th had to spoil it and beat David's beloved Livingston at the football!)

It was lovely to meet pcthelegend again and his lovely daughter who did a great job with the other girls at the starts adding a bit of glamour - hope you guys had a safe journey home.

Just to be a bit different tho, finals words go to Coppernut who basically pulled it all together and made this happen - Coppernut, you more than did him proud (but THAT haircut???) :wink:

icon1.jpg icon2.jpg icon3.jpg icon4.jpg

yeah i got home fine and thanks for the prase for the start line had a really good day even tho am still covered in shale

We made the trip up to Glasgow from Teesside had a great time as always even though we got a bit wet. Well done to all for putting on this meeting and well done to the riders for riding in not very good conditions . Once again a big thank you to Paulco for making us so very welcome it was great to see you again.

I was standing at the fourth bend in front of the one and only King Jamie

you were? :unsure:

you should've said hello. my dad doesn't bite :lol:

I am painfully shy :P I was Standing right in front of you, were any other fellow posters standing with your contigent?

Edited by mervjankefanclub

That’s one of only a few meetings I’ve been to this year, flew out of Stanstead at 7am Sunday was in Prestwick airport at 8.30 caught the train into the city centre by 9.20 and was in my hotel room at 9.30, fantastic, (I love it when a plan comes together!) was in the Ashifeld bar at 1.30 (cause the gates didn’t open till 3) and if the three lasses from Redcar who were in the bar were wondering why a strange man was listening in on their conversation its because it was me! Five lovely Jubberly pints of Budweiser later (they had it on tap, what a great bar!) I staggered into the stadium and watched the meeting from near the start line. A good meeting in difficult conditions Jeremiah’s crash was unfortunate (he brought down Shane Parker did he not)?? But the racing was fast and I was impressed with all of the riders and their commitment to David. Nice that everyone in the programme all said the same thing, that he is one of the most decent human beings you will ever meet! BTW David where did you get that hat? (yer big jesse!)

Thanks to Colin and his lovely wife for taking pity on a lone Sassenach at the party afterwards who i bored the night away talking about speedway in 'the good old days'!!

Thanks also to David for making a point of coming over to talk to me and don't forget Davie, you promised to sign that framed photo. Nice suit Dave where did you rent it from?

More buds later I found myself in the hotel room and crashed out till I caught the first train out'o there. (what a bloody brilliant day!)

Steve.

Edited by Steven Ribbons

And using your mobile phone ?