British Speedway Forum
sirmattyisbac

Referee Needs To Go To Specsavers

Yes,me and me mate were both watching the riders pick their respective start positions,and both said when Hans chose white,he`s helping Nicki out.

It did seem a little strange to say the least :blink:

not to mention the extremely odd choice he made in dramatically chucking it across the surface after he had picked it!......... he wasnt happy about something and it was an extremely odd gate to pick when yellow was available and had periodically shown that it could have a chance

I think both first bend Nicki Pedersen incidents should have been called as restarts.

Was unfair and incorrect to exclude Leigh or Bjarne, but to be fair I dont think Nicki should have gone from in either race.

The correct call on the Holta crash, the correct call on NKIversen crash with Harris.

The correct call on the flyer for AJ first time around but the wrong call for him second time around. The second was the perfect start.

The wrong call earlier in the day for Nicki at the tapes, that should have been awarded differently if the rules allowed it or re-run with Nicki excluded.

The dead heat mmmmmm I thought it was Adams on the day, also from the replay on the big screen (I could see one LOL). The Camera isn't perfectly on the line but I think the red line was in the right place. If no dead heat is allowed in SGP then correct call and Greg won it by the smallest margin.

So I think ref got it wrong 4 out of 7 times. Thats not good and after the previous occassion where Crump got exluded every time his wheel touchjed the track a few years ago he deffinetly needs to be investigated.

Cant beleive he had to sit right in the middle of the crowd though, one bloke was literally about 60 cm away from him! Good job he wasn't a irate Adams fan!

Was not impressed with the ref he shouldnt being doing lower level meetings never mind Grand Prix with that sort of perormance.

Poole's clerk of the course who is also clerk at the Cardiff GP confirmed tonight that Marek Wojaczek has been relieved of his next GP and although still scheduled to referee at Gelsenkirchen, will most likely be replaced there as well.

Heard tonight at Poole that the Polish Ref is to be replaced at the next G.P.

Paul Applin who was the clerk of the course at Cardiff said it .

You can still be dirty if you're in front.

Providing you have wing mirrors of course, or your Tomasz Gollob.

What a shame that this imbecile ref ruined what was an eventful night.................... or is it?

imo a few things shined a light into a shady area where most of us would fear to look.......................... not excluding Nicki for tape touching............ not taking the time to watch a replay of a race finish that was obviously very tight but involved a rival of nicki's (this adding to said rival not qualifying)............... excluding two guys for incidents in the first bend that involved Nicki................ inexplicably playing games with the time taken to raise the tapes in the semis

Why was this guy given Tony Steele's quota last season? Why was he obsessed with cutting Nicki a break with every incident? Who is it that is responsible for choosing the referees? What nationality is this 'employer'?

the sad fact is that he took the spotlight tonight...... he wrecked leigh Adams season....... he protected nicki P in 3 separate incidents which allowed him to score 4 more points than he probably would have .....not to mention taking points away from others..................... and he discredited a sport in what should be one of its finest hours with the worlds media watching

Despite nicki choosing to adopt age old Hans Neilsen tactics of making sure that if he doesnt get to the 2nd bend first that someone takes him out............... and clearly coming across too early in both incidents...... in fact in the second he had already been smacked by hans due to veering across early................... despite all of these tactics it still should have been all 4 back........... the ref was under no pressure to do anything else and yet he allowed the scenario where the worlds media who are already less than convinced about speedway have walked away scratching their heads about the over complex and seemingly unfair rules

the important thing for me here is the shady area where few of us really want to look....................... why were the tapes held for longer in the semi's? what was the justification because from my angle it looked dodgy and one of the oldest tricks in the book.................. why wasnt the all 4 back option chosen as it would have been in 99% of other similar cases? ................... why wasnt nicki excluded for tape touching?

something smells and it is time that the GP's were cleaned of all biased dodginess going on in the background .............. if they cant do it fairly they shouldnt do it at all

Don't forget that he ruined Bjarne's night even more. Bjarne was leading when Nicki hit his back wheel and came off. How on earth could Bjarne know that Nicki Pedersen was going to ride into the back of him?

One interesting point from the whole Adams/Pedersen incident.....

Watched the Sky coverage (that we recorded) when we got back - just to see if this time Leigh DIDN'T get excluded (ever the optimist you see :blink: )

.... and Pearson says "I can tell you this we will be re-run with all four back" and Tatum agrees with him and says virtually the same thing. In fact, Pearson was saying it yet again, when he had to correct himself and announce Leigh's exclusion!

Now - where were they getting their information from? who told them that it was going to be all four back? (as they were really quite definite about it)

Did the ref make one decision and then change his mind?

Its probably just that duo being "not quite with it" again - but it seemed very strange that they were SO convinced it was going to be re-run with Adams in it!!

Any ideas anyone?

hmmmmmmmmmm

Because there were no exclusion lights on at that time.

something smells and it is time that the GP's were cleaned of all biased dodginess going on in the background .............. if they cant do it fairly they shouldnt do it at all.

What puzzled me was why did Hans Andersen take the white helmet colour in his semi, which had been an awful gate all night, leaving the better yellow one for 4th choice Nicki? He also slung it down on the desk so it rebounded and almost fell on the floor. Conspiracies, conspiracies. :lol:

Don't forget that he ruined Bjarne's night even more. Bjarne was leading when Nicki hit his back wheel and came off. How on earth could Bjarne know that Nicki Pedersen was going to ride into the back of him?

tbf Pollyanna I said he wrecked leigh adams season..... not his night....... Bjarne has already wrecked his season...... not that I am saying that the points he was likely to get in that race and the semi wouldnt have been helpful.......... or the likelyhood of him getting a permanent wildcard for next season if he ended up winning cardiff

Leigh Adams however is very much waving goodbye to any hopes of the title

hey- who has read this weeks speedway star?!

opening page on the GP report tells us "there are 2 branches of specsavers in cardiff"!!

the whole of the british speedway set up, be fan,rider or official say the exact title of this topic!

woop