British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

Apologies to all for that particular track, the idea was to play the start for people who recognised it to chuckle to, the problem was we were on 2 seperate sound desks and it took probably an extra 12 secs than we would have liked to switch to the next track. It WONT be used again unless we have full control ;)

Apologies :oops:

No worries, i used to play it all the time when I was dj in a public house (take note if ever you need a back up :lol: )

Had so many requests for it (in those days the audiance were all over 18) and sold my copy for £20 to a punter who insisted on buying it there and then - he decided the ammount :rolleyes:

Although I wasn't there, overall I thought the choice of music was great and appropriate for what was going on. I can't understand why he isn't used at Coventry. Not too keen on the Black Box - Ride On Time tune but that's just my opinion. Superbart, have you got a tune called Sirius by Alan Parsons Project? It's here on YouTube. I heard it at a Swedish GP a few years ago and Wolves have played it too. A song that would be good to hear before a meeting is

Some other tunes that would be good after a race has finished is:

Tag Team - Whoomp! (There It Is)

House Of Pain - Jump Around

No doubt people will criticise the the tunes I've mentioned. :rolleyes:

No worries, i used to play it all the time when I was dj in a public house (take note if ever you need a back up :lol: )

Had so many requests for it (in those days the audiance were all over 18) and sold my copy for £20 to a punter who insisted on buying it there and then - he decided the ammount :rolleyes:

Nice one u did well with that deal ;)

You can't please everyone but for me last night was not perfect (what is in Speedway?) but definitely the best music/presentation I've heard at Cardiff. A good variety, usually relevant, something for all ages. Those who want only modern stuff should look at the crowd around them, most of us wouldn't recognise anything if you did what they want.

Brilliant music !! It really added to the atmosphere and its really well thought out.

I hope Mr Trump listened and can see what a gem he could have. How can you not be at Brandon yet be at the years biggest meeting??

Well done again, top job

Cheers mate very construnctive, re Bomber we were particulary told we could not use that track :( Scotty was Chelsea Dagger mate ;)

Not going to comment on the general music content as first I don't go for the music, and secondly it probably wasn't aimed at my age group anyway...............................but if you don't understand the inappropriate choice of the dambusters theme then I do serioiusly doubt your ability to provide the correct music background....................it's speedway my friend not warfare from 60 years ago...........that's racism in this century................so get that right.

Overall opinion on the music presentation?.................Good try, but tried a bit TOO hard.....................matching tunes to riders is hardly new, and can be described as somewhat corny..................different music for each race start backfired a bit.........consistency required here whatever music is used. Spectators soon identify particular music with the starting procedure.

Decent GP after a very flat start but please,with respect, don't fall into the trap of believing that it is the music that decides peoples' satisfaction...........I am sure you work very hard to do your job and I'm sure we would miss you if you were not there, but let's not forget that in the end it is the racing that decides the success of any meeting.........................or am I wrong???????

I thought that overall it was excellent, although even Belinda Carlisle sounded good after 4 hours in the PoW. :blink:

The proms bit was definitely the best, although there were plenty of other highlights too. Well done. :approve:

Really enjoyed the music and as others have said, Land of hope and glory was excellent. Particularly liked tie me kangaroo down when Crumpy nearly came off. Well done.

I thought the presentation was excellent Chris. I feel that it got everyones adrenalin pumping as well as having an element of humour. Well Done.

I don't know whether this is your domain or not - the firework music. Whilst the fireworks are excellent, I don't think the music accompanying them has been as good over the last few years. My first Grand Prix they played Greased Lightning which everyone knows, the year before I believe it was Ballroom Blitz by the Sweet. I know I am probably a bit of an old fogie, but one song I really wish they would use for the fireworks is Tiger Feet by Mud. Its really catchy, everyone knows it and we can all have a good bop around to it and I'm sure the catchiness of it would make the fireworks great too. As I said, this probably isn't up to you, but just thought I would mention it.

I thought the presentation was excellent Chris. I feel that it got everyones adrenalin pumping as well as having an element of humour. Well Done.

I don't know whether this is your domain or not - the firework music. Whilst the fireworks are excellent, I don't think the music accompanying them has been as good over the last few years. My first Grand Prix they played Greased Lightning which everyone knows, the year before I believe it was Ballroom Blitz by the Sweet. I know I am probably a bit of an old fogie, but one song I really wish they would use for the fireworks is Tiger Feet by Mud. Its really catchy, everyone knows it and we can all have a good bop around to it and I'm sure the catchiness of it would make the fireworks great too. As I said, this probably isn't up to you, but just thought I would mention it.

Thanks mate, the guys who did the Fireworks are from Gothenburg and do everything themselves so we had no input to that, but your right that would be a cracking track to use :)

Edited by Superbart

Not going to comment on the general music content as first I don't go for the music, and secondly it probably wasn't aimed at my age group anyway...............................but if you don't understand the inappropriate choice of the dambusters theme then I do serioiusly doubt your ability to provide the correct music background....................it's speedway my friend not warfare from 60 years ago...........that's racism in this century................so get that right.

No it isn't racism. Its a theme from a film. That is it.

The Grease Lightening display was also my first GP and i thought Saturday was the best one since then.........the right amount of time and good music to go with it.

In general it was great, but why do you insist in playing that song by the pervert Gary Glitter, it dosent seem right, his music isnt played on the radio and the only time the scumbag is mentioed on the Tele is when he is at it again abusing another poor innocent child. No more please, dont let this perverts music ever be played agian.
I said the same last night.

Must say not a bad night but have to bring to you attention that it is a family night and my 4yo nephew was not impressed with the "winkers song" :shock: perhaps a big mistake on your part to play this if his mother ever catches up with you :oops:
a 4 year old would not have a clue what was meant by the song. If the kid understood the song you have to question their upbringing.

Regarding wizard of Oz, that is my only real gripe, it doesn't work IMO.

Agadoo and hokey Cokey work, what ever a few boring people who like to sit down at a speedway meeting claim, some of us like to stand, jump and dance.

Land of Hope and Glory :approve: (BTW, you were in Wales, in speedway the rider compete as Brits, so the "England" songs don't go down well with some :P But I can accept that Scotty, Bomber and Ed are English)

a 4 year old would not have a clue what was meant by the song. If the kid understood the song you have to question their upbringing.

Totally agree.

Totally agree.

Guess I'm with you now. Laughed at the time, then thought; hang on a minute, but looking back my 5 year old didn't have a scooby doo. Liked the overall theme of the music, but would have thrown a few different tracks in. Guess thats just like any other DJ tho'.